Contents of the page
1 Meloksikam - the form and composition of the preparation
Meloxicam is the name of a drug substance that belongs to the NSAID groupnon-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
It is often used for the treatment of arthritis, dysmenorrhea, during fever. Among the pharmacological action should be identified and the analgesic effect of the drug. The product is available both in tablets and in ampoules( for injections).
Meloxicam - forms and composition of the preparation
Active substance: Meloxicam( Meloxicamum).
- Pharmacological group of the drug: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - oxicams.
- 1 tablet of the drug has the following dosage forms: 7.5 and 15 mg meloxicam.
- Product: tablets of 7.5 or 15 mg No. 10, No. 20, No. 30, No. 40 and No. 50 in carton.
- In the polymer bank - № 100.
- Composition: In addition to the main active ingredient, the preparation contains additional components: MCC - 61.3 and 122.6 mg, sodium citrate sodium 20 and 40 mg, 30 and 60 mg starch, 0.6 and 1.2 mg, magnesium stagnate 0.6 and 1.2 mg.
Description Meloksikama in ampoules
- 1 ampoule contains 1 ml of solution for intramuscular injection. Produced in two dosages: 10 and 15 mg meloxicam.
- Composition: the main active ingredient is meloxicam, auxiliary components: glycofurol, glycine, sodium chloride, meglumine, water.
- Product: ampoules of 1.5 ml № 3, № 5, № 10, № 20.
Action of the drug
Meloxicam belongs to a series of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Already from the name it can be understood that basically its action is aimed at combating inflammatory processes.
But in addition to the anti-inflammatory effect of the drug also has analgesic non-narcotic effect, and also fights with fever( antipyretic effect).
Mechanism of action
The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent is able to suppress the activity of the enzyme Cyclosygenase 2( COX-2), which as a result inhibits the production of prostaglandins( PGD).
The drug is not able to influence the aggregation( adhesion) of platelets, nor does it prolong the time for blood clotting. This property makes it possible to use Meloxicam for people with a tendency to bleeding( patients with a low content of platelets and shaped elements, the presence of internal bleeding in the history, and so on).That is why the drug is considered preferable to other NSAIDs( nurofen, diclofenac sodium, ibuprofen, indomethacin, naproxen and others).
Instructions for use
Depending on the form of the drug( injection or tablet), the treatment regimen is different. The instructions for use of Meloxicam, which is in each package, will help you. Before prescribing the drug should always consult with your doctor and determine all possible risks.
Tablets are given orally( orally) 1 time per day during food intake. The solution for intramuscular injection is injected deep into the muscle( into the outer upper quadrant of the buttock).Intravenous injection is not permissible.
How to work with the ampoule?
- Remove the ampoule from the cardboard unit, and shake it well. It is necessary to hold it by the neck of the package.
- The next step is to squeeze the ampoule with your fingers( note that the drug should not go out).Next, you need to rotate the head to collapse it. Remove the cap to form a hole.
- Now through the formed hole, connect the syringe with the ampoule.
- The next step is to turn the package upside down, and gently pick up the contents of the solution in the syringe
- . Insert the needle onto the syringe and remove the cap.
- We raise the syringe up with a needle and let out the air that got into it.
The injections are done once a day, intramuscularly - inject 1.5 ml of the substance( 1 ampoule) once a day.
- Meloxicam is appointed by the attending physician. Adults and adolescents from 15 years old are subject to treatment. The dosage is 7.5 or 15 milligrams per day.
- Meloksikam ampoules prescribed 1 injection per day - 15 mg / day. In the appointment of injections, guided by the following scheme: 3 days of injection treatment, and then the transition to oral intake( tablets form Meloxicam at a dosage of 7.5 or 15 mg).
- Dosage is largely dependent on the disease( course, the presence of complications, and so on).For example, during arthrosis, the use of tablets of 7.5 milligrams is enough. In a protracted case and with severe pain, it is possible to increase the dosage to 15 milligrams. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 15 mg.
- It should be remembered that it is better for older people to prescribe a minimum dosage of Meloxicam( 7.5 milligrams).To a "sparing" regime, it is also possible to refer patients with the presence of renal failure of severe degree of flow or patients on hemodialysis. However, for patients with functional renal impairment( creatinine in the blood more than 25 ml per minute), higher doses( 10-15 milligrams) are indicated.
To date, Meloxicam is considered an affordable drug, which is relatively inexpensive. The price varies, depending on the dosage of the drug, the form of release, the number of tablets or ampoules, and the brand of the manufacturer. The average cost of Meloxicam in tablets 7.5 mg 20 pcs.in the package is about 50 rubles, tablets with a dosage of 15 mg 20 pieces are from 80 rubles and more.
Meloksikam in ampoules - a solution for intramuscular injection costs much more than a tablet form. For example, ampoules with a dosage of 10mg / ml with a volume of 1.5 ml to 3 pcs.in the package are an average of 150 rubles and more.
Indications for use
This drug is not indicated for life-long treatment and long-term use. The indication for use is mainly symptomatic therapy, which allows you to eliminate pain, reduce fever, and reduce the progression of the inflammatory process. This drug is rarely prescribed on its own, usually it acts as a component of the drug in complex treatment.
The main diseases that require the appointment of Meloxicam in tablets or as a solution for intramuscular injections are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis( arthritis).
- The so-called Bechterew's disease( ankylosing spondylitis).
- Osteoarthritis of various origin, which are accompanied by a strong pain syndrome.
- Degenerative and inflammatory joint diseases( osteoarthritis and arthrosis, accompanied by severe pain).
The drug has exceptionally symptomatic treatment and in no case affects the focus and cause of the lesion. The drug is given a course, which averages from one to two weeks. In severe pain syndrome, it is advisable to start treatment with intramuscular injection of Meloxicam( 3 days), and then switch to a maintenance dosage in tablets( about 10 days).
Before starting the use of the drug should always consult with your doctor. For each patient, there are a number of contraindications that need to be considered. It's no wonder that Hippocrates himself called out: "Do no harm!", After all, having overcome one problem, you can face a number of undesirable effects and complications.
Among the contraindications to the appointment of this non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug should be identified as follows:
- The presence of individual intolerance to the drug( hypersensitivity).
- Renal failure( chronic course).
- Young contingent of people( children under the age of fifteen).
- Patients undergoing hemodialysis.
- The phase of exacerbation of peptic ulcer of the gastrointestinal system( JDB - peptic ulcer, YBDK - peptic ulcer of duodenum).
- Presence of allergic reactions in the anamnesis( earlier transferred edema Quincke, allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma, urticaria).
- Polypoznoe disease of the nasal cavity, as well as paranasal sinuses( frequent relapses).
- Severe hepatic impairment.
- Intolerance to drugs containing aspirin( many NSAIDs based on it).
- Internal bleeding in the history( bleeding in the membranes of the brain, bleeding from the gastrointestinal system).
- Women during pregnancy, as well as mothers breastfeeding( lactation period).
- Any inflammatory diseases of the large and small intestine.
- Hyperkalemia, confirmed by carrying out a number of biochemical analyzes.
- Postoperative condition after aortocoronary bypass surgery on cardiac vessels.
- Any acute liver disease.
- Meloxicam is contraindicated in patients who take anticoagulants( the risk of hemorrhage in the muscles - hematomas).
- Severe degree of cardiovascular failure.
Interaction of Meloxicam with other medications
It is not allowed to simultaneously appoint Meloxicam and other drugs from the NSAID group, as there is a high probability of internal bleeding( especially in the digestive system) and other ulcerative lesions.
Thrombolytics, anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugs should also be withdrawn.
Meloxicam should not be taken with diuretics, as this increases the risk of kidney failure in the active phase. To avoid the undesirable effect, it is necessary to drink a large amount of water( about 1.5 - 2 liters per day).
It is proven that the use of Meloxicam can cause a delay in trace elements in the body tissues( such as: potassium, sodium), and also accumulates liquid. It can badly affect the activity of the cardiovascular system( the risk of developing hypertension, as well as heart failure).
It should be taken into account that meloxicam reduces the effective action of such medications as ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, vasodilators, contraceptive intrauterine hormonal medications, diuretics and other medications.
Meloxicam should be used with caution in conjunction with methotrexate, as it increases the hematotoxic effect of the latter. Before using it is necessary to conduct laboratory blood tests.
It is known that cyclosporins have a high toxicity to the kidneys. With a joint appointment with meloxicam, this effect on the kidneys is doubled.
Side Effects of
- From the side of the protective immune system: very rarely there are attacks of anaphylactic shock, as well as manifestations of other allergic reactions( urticaria, edema and dermatitis).
- From the side of the circulatory system: the level of hemoglobin in the blood( iron deficiency anemia) is very often reduced. It is also possible to change the number of blood elements( thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis and leukocytopenia).
- From the side of the central nervous system: there may be nervous conditions and other neurological disorders( frequent migraines, severe dizziness, insomnia, feelings of anxiety and anxiety, lethargy, general malaise, disorientation in space, nighttime cramps, ringing in the ears, frequent changes of moodetc.).
- On the part of the heart system: increased heart rate( heart rate), swelling of the legs in the evening, increased vascular pressure, face hyperemia.
- From the pulmonary system: choking attacks are possible in patients with a history of hypersensitivity( rarely).
- From the side of the liver: there may be a violation of its activity. It is very rare to develop hepatitis.
- On the part of the digestive system( GIT): quite often the reception of Meloxicam is accompanied by pain in the epigastric region. Seldom there are exacerbations of stomach and duodenal ulcers. Possible bleeding from the digestive tract( stomach, esophagus, intestines).
- Functional disorders may manifest as a malfunction in peristalsis: a tendency to constipation or diarrhea. Also possible are such manifestations as: nausea, vomiting, flatulence( bloating), heartburn and belching.
Overdose of the drug
To date, no clinical cases of overdose have been identified. With an increase in the maximum daily dose( 15 mg / day), there may be pronounced side effects. In case of an overdose, it is recommended to cancel the drug and prescribe symptomatic treatment.
Among the analogs of this drug should be allocated the following medicines:
- Movalis - the drug is available in the form of tablets, injections, suppositories and suspensions.
- Meloks is a form of the drug in tablets.
- Melbeck Forte - tablets of 7.5 and 15 milligrams.
- LEM - tablets of 15 mg dosage.
There are many manufacturers of Meloxicam, among the leaders in the pharmacy market are:
- Makiz-Pharma. ALDY PHARMA, CJSC.
- IRBITSK HIMFARMZAVOD, OJSC.
- Meloksikam Teva. This company produces not only tablets and solution for intramuscular injections, but also rectal suppositories, as well as a suspension for internal administration.
We offer a few reviews of customers who tried the drug on themselves.
Feedback on the application
Review No. 1
My legs hurt, or rather the joints( knee, ankle joint).The first opinion was that it was an age-old and nowhere to go anywhere. Some time later my joints( brushes and elbows) began to hurt. Even then, the idea arose to see a doctor.
At the first visit, the doctor prescribed me a drug Meloxicam 15 mg. The course of treatment was only one week, but during this time I felt a significant improvement. The joints on the limbs began to hurt less, the former working capacity returned. The cost of the drug is very affordable, and the effect will not take long.
Review No. 2
The course was appointed by the doctor, as arthritis worsened. As a result I drank 10 days. There was a temporary improvement, given that I did not move at all( sitting mostly at home).The external effect is also present: the swelling on the bone has left. The effect is short - about one month.
Marina, 52 years old:
Review No. 3
"I have a problem with the sutavs for a long time. Already where only did not apply and what preparations only did not drink. In the range of my treatment there were cheap drugs, as well as variants more expensive.
Once I was appointed to drink a course of "Meloksikama."After the first days of application it seemed that the relief came, the pain was gone. About a week, I forgot about the joints. But only after a week, as the reception stopped my problem again made itself felt. ..
Angelica, 38 years old:
Review No. 4
Recently I was diagnosed with osteochondrosis. Blame everything for my sedentary lifestyle( working as a manager and mostly sitting in the workplace).Recently, my disease has again manifested itself( against the background of stress and PMS).
I used to have only the waist region, but here everything is together. I could not even put my socks and shoes on my feet, I asked for help. The doctor advised me to buy Meloxicam in injections. My husband chopped me, injections painless. Relief felt immediately( after 15 minutes).
The duration of the effect of the drug lasts an average of 3-4 hours. Alternated treatment with diclofenac, which is very helpful. The drug is cheap and effective, it helped me!
Svetlana, 50 years old: