Testosterone in men, which is the norm in the average of 12 nmol / L, regulates the function of the reproductive system. Fluctuations in the plasma concentration of a substance able to affect the hormonal, adrenal gland, heart and blood vessels. Therefore suspected any pathological processes in the organism analyzed for determination of androgens.
When do I need to be tested
Total Testosterone is a hormone involved in the nervous, reproductive and circulatory systems. The substance is synthesized in the testes and adrenal cortex from cholesterol. produced in about 5-10 days, the Serum levels of the hormone regulates the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus.
Allocate 2 kinds of hormonal substances circulating in vessels:
- Associated with proteins. 60% to form a complex with albumin and globulins, therefore remain inactive.
- Free testosterone (PT). Can be absorbed by cells have on their androgenic effect. In the unbound state circulates no more than 5% of the hormone. This amount is sufficient for normal functioning of reproductive organs.
hormone level is determined at symptoms of disorders of the endocrine system, the reproductive organs. Analysis to determine the concentration of testosterone administered at:
Only prescribed by a doctor 28%, 16 votes
16 votes - 28% of all votes
Once a year, and I think that's enough 25%, 14 votes
14 votes - 25% of all votes
At least twice a year 14%, 8 votes
8 votes - 14% of all votes
Only when sick 14%, 8 votes
8 votes - 14% of all votes
I watch over the health and rent once a month 7%, 4 vote
4 votes - 7% of all votes
More often than twice a year, but less than six times 7%, 4 vote
4 votes - 7% of all votes
I'm afraid this procedure and try not to take 5%, 3 vote
3 votes - 5% of all votes
Total votes: 57
×You or your IP has already voted.
- Klinefelter's syndrome;
- chronic prostate inflammation;
- adrenal malignancies;
- reduction of sexual arousal.
free testosterone levels in men diagnosed by infertility or erectile dysfunction.
How to check the level of the male hormone
Blood hormone compound in men is determined by laboratory testing. The most accurate results are obtained ECLIA, or electrochemiluminescent immunoassay venous blood.
Prior to obtaining reliable results of the survey is required to prepare properly:
- renounce the use of food for 6-8 hours before the procedure;
- 2 days if possible to cancel hormonal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory medicines;
- 1 day to give up smoking and drinking.
Blood sampling was carried out on an empty stomach to 10:00.
What should be the level depending on age
The highest amount of androgen in the blood is observed during adolescence, about 14-17 years old. Norma testosterone in men 30 years to stabilize, rates remain average for 5-10 years. In 35-40 years the hormone content of the blood is reduced. Every year, the level of sex hormones is reduced by 2-3%. The values of total and free androgen levels vary by age. On average, the overall rate is 12-30 nmol / l. Free testosterone from 20 to 40 years is 25-113% after 40 years - about 20-120%.
In men 40 years begins an inflammation of the reproductive organs, in 50 years increases the risk of benign and malignant tumors often occur erectile dysfunction. What is the rate of testosterone in men in 60 years, it depends on the health of the patient. But in old age the androgen concentration should be at least 5 times lower than 30 years. This is due to the development of age-related changes in the body. In tissues accumulate free radicals, the cells are depleted and can not fully perform its function.
Track changes testosterone standards in men by age can be due to the following table:
|Age||total hormone Indicators nmol / l|
|Infants up to one year||0,42-0,72|
|Preschoolers from 1 to 10 years||0,1-1,12|
|Period from 10 to 12 years||0,1-2,37|
|Adolescence to 18 years||0,98-32,5|
|In 18-25 years||8,64-29|
|From 25 to 35 years||8,04-28,1|
|From 35 to 40 years old||7,76-27|
If testosterone is increased or decreased, going beyond the common standards, conduct follow-up study. It eliminates or confirms the presence of pathology. Excess rates of 10% suggests a hormonal imbalance in the body. Often in this situation is changing the behavior of men itself: it becomes aggressive and irritable. Violation of the psycho-emotional state of a negative impact on the reproductive and circulatory systems.
Lack of free androgen also leads to disruption of mental and emotional state and manifests as apathy, reduced performance, depression. There is a depletion of the body, loss of muscle mass. Disturbed fat metabolism, a person gets fat. Against the background of pathological changes in the body there are problems with the cardiovascular system: high blood pressure, tachycardia.
Unbound androgen level depends on age:
|Age, years||Normal ng / dl|
|From 18 to 69 years||45-225|
|Over 70 years||6-73|
The causes of variances
Testosterone levels in the blood may deviate from the norm in men due to:
- abuse of cigarettes and alcoholic beverages;
- stress, disorders of mental and emotional state;
- unbalanced diet, lack of vitamins, mineral compounds;
- autoimmune disorders.
Testosterone, the rate at which free state is less than 30 pg / ml, can be reduced with the development of disease. Causes reduction of androgens are:
- lack of exercise;
- constant stress, depression;
- Drinking large amounts of plant foods, lack of meat products in the diet;
- smoking, alcoholism;
- hormone therapy;
- unfavorable ekoobstanovka in the metropolis;
- being overweight;
- lack of regular sexual life.
Why indicator can be upgraded
High levels of testosterone does not always speak the presence of pathology. The increased concentration of natural in adolescence, when puberty begins. But after 18 years, exceeding the upper limit of normal indicates the presence of:
- pituitary adenoma;
- the defeat of the hypothalamus;
- cancer of the prostate and testicles;
- low activity of the adrenal hormone;
- adrenal dysfunction;
- overdose of anabolic steroids while building skeletal muscle bodybuilders.
In childhood, abnormalities lead to increased growth of hair all over the body, acne, and dermatological diseases. In adults, the mood swings occur. A man with an increased hormone level is too impulsive and emotionally unstable. There is an increase in sexual activity, the development of skeletal muscles. In some cases, there is alopecia.
What to do with deviations
The presence of high levels of testosterone in men deviations recorded for consultation to the andrologist who prescribes medication after the instrumental and laboratory diagnostics. Preparations are needed to bring the content of the hormone to normal.
Minor fluctuations in the rates of hormonal substances indicate age-related changes in the body that occur each year. To stabilize the testosterone in this situation, to lead a healthy lifestyle is enough:
- possible to refuse to accept psychotropic drugs;
- eliminate smoking and alcohol consumption;
- increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in the diet, so that they amounted to 60% of the menu;
- sleep, control the level of physical activity.
How to lower
If the index exceeds the maximum level, may develop disorders in the endocrine system. To prevent the development of diabetes, liver problems, and the development of acne, it is necessary to reduce the concentration of testosterone. It is recommended:
- normalize the mode of the day, sleep at least 6 hours a day, do not expose the body high mental and physical stress;
- avoid stress;
- limit the amount of meat and fatty foods in the diet;
- do not abuse the potatoes, sugar and legumes that cause estrogen synthesis;
- reduce the amount of salt during cooking.
Doctors can prescribe medicines therapy. To reduce testosterone discharged: magnesia, cyclophosphamide, Tegretol, ketoconazole. Medications suppress pituitary gland activity, which stimulates the production of androgens and regulates the adrenal glands.
How to improve
If the hormone content of the blood is slightly different from this norm, then it is possible to increase the natural way:
- give up bad habits or to limit them;
- sleep up to 8 hours per day;
- exercise regularly at least 3-4 times per week;
- balanced diet, enrich the menu crude fiber, minerals, and protein products;
- avoid stressful situations.
When testosterone value changes due to disease, prescribe medication. Androlog prescribe drugs that stimulate the production of adrenal cortex hormone, and testes. High efficiency is observed when using the following drugs:
- Sustanon 250. It is produced in the form of injections. Needs to quickly build muscle, increase testosterone, increase appetite. In parallel, the drug raises the serum level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Androgel. The gel is used only for increasing the amount of testosterone. hormone level is restored within 3-7 days depending on age.
- Nebido. The drug is administered by injection into the deep muscle tissue. It is intended for the treatment of hypogonadism. Do not provoke the development of hormonal imbalance, it is well tolerated by the body.
- Andriol. Produced in capsule form. Fills deficit of male hormone in the body, it normalizes the overall metabolism. It is recommended to take in conjunction with fatty foods to the adrenal glands and testes received necessary for the production of testosterone cholesterol.
- Omnadren. Injections of the drug has a direct effect on testosterone receptors on the cell membrane. Potent remedy prescribed with caution, since in 8 cases out of 10 the possibility of side effects:.. Allergies, erectile dysfunction, dyspeptic disorders. Not addictive.
During the medication regularly pass the test until the hormone concentration reaches normal levels.
Treatment cancel when the male body androgen content becomes 12-25 nmol / l.
It recommended to donate blood for the determination of hormone 1-2 times per year in the presence of chronic diseases.
When replacement therapy figure varies depending on age:
|Age||Norm nmol / l|
|Norma total testosterone in men 30-49 years old||23|
|Norma testosterone in men 50-79 years old||17|
|In his old age, after 80 years||15|
In addition to hormonal drugs hormone level is stabilized using dietary supplements:
- Animal test;
Dietary supplements containing herbal extracts. With regular use of vitamin and mineral components to stimulate natural hormone production in the body, improve microcirculation and increase potency.