Thrombocrit - a primary screening tool for determining quantitative disorders associated with platelet.
When he was promoted to the blood, there is a threat of clogging the blood vessels that pose a threat to human life. Usually this parameter investigated along with other clinical parameters (general) blood test. In the subsequent conduct additional laboratory and instrumental diagnostics.
The content of the article:
- 1 What is Thrombocrit?
- 2 trombokrita norm for adults, children
- 3 Signs of abnormality
- 4 Reasons for increase
- 5 Analysis Thrombocrit
- 5.1 How to prepare for the study
- 5.2 How does the biomaterial fence
- 5.3 How to wait for the study results
- 5.4 Explanation responses analysis
- 5.5 How much is a study where they spend
- 5.6 Factors affecting the rate
- 6 Permissible deviations from the norm in the analyzes
- 7 medication
- 8 Folk remedies
- 9 diet therapy
- 10 Prognosis and complications
- 11 Videos about Thrombocrit
What is Thrombocrit?
Thrombocrit is one of the quantitative indicators for assessing the platelets in the blood. In t
In a simplified sense, this indicator measures the proportion of the volume of whole blood that is occupied by platelets - colorless blood elements, which are responsible for its clotting and restoring damaged blood vessels.
In healthy people, the platelet mass is always kept constant as a result of two opposing processes - recovery and fracture, and PCT abnormality may indicate the development of one of the pathological conditions, listed below.
At present, this criterion has not yet been widely adopted in clinical practice it is not a narrowly specific, ie it can not be used to diagnose any disease. However, it allows you to evaluate the performance of the blood coagulation system and the overall risk of thromboembolic complications.
trombokrita norm for adults, children
Thrombocrit elevated in the blood, if the values are greater than 0.39% (for both men and women under the age of 75 years). The lower limit of normal range is 0.14%. Since the relative number of platelets to be constant at all ages, something for the kids, this value is the same.
For people over 75 years of normal range of 0,18-0,31%.
Signs of abnormality
PCT external signs of abnormalities may be symptoms of diseases accompanied by increased blood clotting.
- inflammatory processes in the body;
- cold extremities;
- fatigue and poor exercise tolerance;
- dilated blood vessels under the skin;
- pressing pain in the heart;
- tinnitus, dizziness;
- Blackouts when you change position;
- loss of memory and coordination;
- a feeling of heaviness, abdominal pain, upset his chair.
Reasons for increase
Trombokrita an increase occurs in the following pathologies and conditions:
- Myeloproliferative diseases in which tumors develop from hematopoietic stem cells of bone marrow. These include: polycythemia vera (increases the number of red blood cells in the blood, platelets and white blood cells), idiopathic myelofibrosis (growth of connective tissue in the bone marrow), essential polycythemia (chromosomal abnormality stem hematopoietic cells). These abnormalities may be as genetically caused or acquired.
- Connective tissue diseases.
- Iron-deficiency anemia.
- Tumors of the large size of various localization.
- Atherosclerosis, in which there is a narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels due to fat deposits.
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases (pneumonia, meningitis, pyelonephritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease and others). During the treatment and reduce the symptoms of inflammation PCT returns to normal.
- Hereditary disorders proper development of the spleen. Thrombocrit also increased in patients who had undergone surgery to remove this organ (up to 80% of cases). Normalization index usually occurs within 1-3 weeks, but in some cases a high level is maintained for years.
- Injuries and operations, accompanied by a large loss of blood.
In young children Thrombocrit often increases in viral infections or anemia background.
Thrombocrit elevated in the blood not only in case of serious pathologies, but also in certain physiological states, listed later in this article. The majority of patients (approximately 80%) is a temporary phenomenon. Therefore, your doctor may prescribe an analysis again.
Trombokrita count technique appeared together with the introduction into clinical practice of automated laboratory analyzers. "Manual", or microscopic way, this figure is not determined.
Study to assess the level trombokrita commonly assigned patients following categories:
- pregnant women (to prevent possible complications);
- varicose veins;
- patients with abnormalities of the cardiovascular system, liver and other diseases listed above.
This rate is usually evaluated in clinical composition (total) of blood analysis or a comprehensive study of blood coagulation.
How to prepare for the study
Before delivery of blood for analysis the following factors should be excluded:
- for 8-14 hours before the lab visit - food and drink consumption (net non-carbonated water can drink);
- alcohol - up to 2 days;
- fatty foods - per day;
- emotional and physical activities (including sports training) - 1 day;
- smoking - 2 hours.
Blood normally pass in the morning, but in some cases it is allowed to do during the day at 4 hours after taking a light meal. Failure to follow these rules may lead to a distortion of the test result.
How does the biomaterial fence
Fence biomaterial made from a finger (peripheral blood). In infants and toddlers first months of life to take blood from a finger is difficult, so it can make the heel. In some cases, instead of the use of peripheral venous blood.
Equipment for this procedure is as follows:
- Examinee is seated on a chair at the table. For people with increased nervous excitability blood sampling can be carried out on the couch in the supine position.
- Doctor-laboratory (or nurse) handles rubber gloves medical alcohol 70 ° to each patient.
- The puncture site on the 4 fingers of his left hand and disinfected. After that, stand for a while, so that the skin has dried, or a drop of blood will flow.
- Produce disposable sterile needle puncture-lancet, which is removed from the sterile package in front of the patient. It is made on the lateral surface of the finger, as in this area more blood capillaries. That blood flowed profusely, the puncture should be across the fingerprint lines (fingerprint lines).
- The first drop of blood is removed with a napkin. It contains a large amount of liquid which circulates in the tissues.
- Next, make a set of blood in a test tube.
- At the end of the procedure is applied to a finger new sterile cloth (or cotton swab) dipped in alcohol, for the prevention of infection of an open wound. It must be firmly pressed in for 5-10 minutes until it stops blood.
Qualification trombokrita made in an automatic analyzer (in a closed chamber) together with other parameters of blood.
How to wait for the study results
The analysis results may be ready within one working day. If the laboratory is heavily loaded, the data will be obtained within a few days.
Explanation responses analysis
Explanation of results of research performed by the table above, and in accordance with the features of laboratory equipment and reagents. On the form must indicate the value actually received and reference made in the laboratory.
Older people platelet production rate decreases. In adult life blood maturation of these cells is about 10 days. This figure may differ from the norm in women during pregnancy and menstruation (0,07-0,21%).
Thrombocrit itself can not serve as a basis for diagnosis. If it is elevated in the blood, then conduct additional surveys and differential required.
How much is a study where they spend
Trombokrita level assessment can be done at any medical facility certified for laboratory research. As part of the clinical (total) value of blood analysis such procedure averages 400 rubles. And during specialized studies on platelets (mean volume, PCT, platelet count), it can reach 1900 rubles.
Factors affecting the rate
Thrombocrit elevated in the blood may also be a result of the following factors:
- physical load (PCT possible to increase 2 times);
- smoking and alcohol consumption;
Permissible deviations from the norm in the analyzes
According to medical research, the average rates for Caucasian men is 0.24%, and for women - 0.28%. For most healthy people, deviations from these values do not exceed 0.05%. However, due to the possible influence of random factors and individual characteristics of the maximum permissible value is 0.39% for men and women up to 75 years.
The representatives of the other races, the rate may be slightly different. For example, in India the figure is 0.17%, and 0.22% in Iran. Patients with thrombocytosis (abnormal increase in the number of blood platelets) PCT may reach 0.69%, and its average value is - 0.5%.
Since Thrombocrit increased due primarily to the risk of thrombosis, the main drugs to reduce it are antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants.
The most common types of drugs are listed in the table below:
|The name of the drug, the release form||Active substance||Key readings||The dosage for adults mg per day||Average price, RR.|
|Varfareks tablets||warfarin||Deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary thromboembolism||2,5-5||150|
|Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), tablets||acetylsalicylic acid||Prevention of ischemic disorders of blood circulation in the brain, fever, inflammatory disease of the joints||150-8000||20|
|Thrombotic ass, tablets||Prevention of stroke and myocardial infarction, thromboembolism, deep vein thrombosis||50-200||50|
|Chimes, tablets||dipyridamole||Prevention of thrombosis and complications thereof, ischemic circulation disorders in the brain, ischemic heart disease (especially with aspirin intolerance)||75-600||570|
|Clexane, injection||enoxaparin sodium||Prevention and treatment of venous thrombosis and embolism, acute myocardial infarction||20-40||580|
Since these drugs can cause complications such as excessive bleeding, they appoint a doctor. During treatment requires monitoring of blood parameters.
To reduce the levels of platelets in the blood following recipes used in folk medicine:
- Ginger tea. Ginger root with a knife to clean the average size of a peel. Rub it on a grater or chop in chesnokodavilke. Half a lemon cut into slices, squeeze juice from them, and also put zest into the kettle. Add 2 tbsp. l. large leaf black tea and pour 0.3 liters of boiling water. Wait until the water in the kettle to cool down a little bit, put in the tea 1-2 tbsp. l. honey. Drink 2-3 times a day to 1 cup.
- Tincture of horse chestnut. 100 g of fruit sugar and 1 liter of vodka and insist in a dark place for 3 weeks. Take tincture 3 times a day, dissolve 15-20 drops in 1/3 cup boiling water.
- Kvass from horse chestnut. 20 nuts pour 2 liters of boiled water, add 1 tbsp. sour cream and sugar. Put to ferment in a dark and warm place for 2 weeks. Drinking brew for 2 times a day for 1 month.
- Infusion of sweet clover drug. 1 tbsp. l. dry raw material to brew 0.5 liters of boiling water and allowed to cool. Drink the infusion must be ½ of Art. 3 times a day.
Thrombocrit elevated in the blood more often in patients for whom a high risk of thromboembolic complications. To avoid them, it is recommended to adhere to the Mediterranean diet.
Its features are:
- plenty of fruits, vegetables, cereals and legumes, adding to the dish of garlic and onions, which promote the dissolution of cholesterol plaques;
- reduction of fatty foods and sweets consumption;
- substitution of animal fat to vegetable (especially olive oil);
- eating only lean meat in limited quantities;
- an increased amount of seafood that are rich in omega-unsaturated acids that contribute to destruction of blood clots;
- infrequent and not abundant meals.
It is recommended to include a diet of fruits and berries with a high content of ascorbic, malic and other acids (cranberry, apple, cranberry, cranberries, sea buckthorn, tangerines, oranges, lemons, grapes, etc.).
It is also necessary to quit smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages (not allowed to drink more than 1 glass of red wine at dinner); lead an active lifestyle with moderate exercise, control of body weight.
Prognosis and complications
Identification of high trombokrita evidence of the need to find and treat the disease, which is accompanied by a change in the blood.
The greatest danger thrombohemorrhagic complications represent the following pathologies:
- Stroke, ischemic type. It occurs due to blockage of the blood vessels of the brain.
As a result, it is not enough fabric saturated with oxygen and nutrients, it interferes with the normal activity of the body. Changes may be either reversible or irreversible, and varying severity. Ischemic stroke can lead to disability and death of the patient. Risk of disease is that it is developing rapidly (within hours), so if you have First symptoms need urgent hospitalization of the patient in the hospital (in an intensive care unit or intensive unit therapy).
- myocardial infarction - necrosis (death of) tissues of the heart muscle due to acute circulatory failure. Its complications are pulmonary edema, cardiogenic shock, thrombosis, severe disturbance of the heart and the patient's death (2 to 50% of cases, depending on the severity of the disease).
- Deep vein thrombosisIn which noted an acute obstruction of the arteries and circulatory problems. Most often, there is thrombosis of the lower extremities. This condition can lead to gangrene of the feet below the level of blockage of a blood vessel.
- Pulmonary embolism. Its complications include pulmonary infarction, pulmonary insufficiency and secondary pneumonia.
Platelets - blood elements, which are an important component of the process that supports the full life of the organism. Thrombocrit serves as a criterion for evaluation of the circulatory system.
If it is elevated in the blood, it is necessary to conduct further research to determine the real cause of such a state. Lack of prompt treatment can result in serious complications (heart attack, stroke, thrombosis), and death.
Registration of the article: Vladimir the Great
Videos about Thrombocrit
Norma platelets in the blood: