Periarthritis of shoulder joint - a disease in which inflammation develops in the periarticular tissues. Untreated pathology can lead to the destruction of cartilage and joint deterioration in performance.
The content of the article:
- 1 The causes of shoulder joint periarthritis
- 2 Risk factors
- 3 types of diseases
- 4 disease symptoms
- 5 Diagnostics
6 treatment of the disease
- 6.1 Topical preparations
- 6.2 Medicines for oral
6.3 Folk remedies
- 6.3.1 Bandage salt
- 6.3.2 Compress with honey
- 6.3.3 infusion cinquefoil
- 6.3.4 cranberry tea
- 6.3.5 Birch buds
- 6.4 LFK
- 6.5 Physiotherapy
- 6.6 Massage
- 7 Prognosis and complications
- 8 Video of the shoulder joint periarthritis
The causes of shoulder joint periarthritis
By inflammation can cause the following reasons:
- prolonged and excessive load on the joint (if in performing the same movement arm for a long time);
- trauma and microtrauma of the joint and surrounding tissues (most often the cause of inflammation are falling, stretching and podvyvyhi that people do not attach importance; As a result, developing an inflammatory process leading to periarthritis);
- age-related changes (in the elderly occurs wear of cartilage, which leads to the fact that even normal load joint perceived as excessive - there is a constant trauma and inflammation process);
- degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the spine (osteochondrosis thoracic or cervical spine, herniated intervertebral lead to deterioration of nerve tissue blood flow and conduction therein; The resulting cartilage of the shoulder joint is not supplied with nutrients, there is its wear and the inflammation);
- inflammatory diseases of the carry-forward in the surrounding tissues (in this case not fully cured inflammation affects the shoulder joint - often this occurs after myositis neck muscles);
- Operating on the joint intervention (if incorrect operation is performed, the joint cavity can get harmful bacteria cause inflammation).
Also, the reason can be prolonged periarthritis shoulder supercooling (drafts).
The main risk factor is a constant pressure on the shoulder joint. The disease more susceptible to people whose professional activity is connected with weight lifting and performing monotonous and active work of his hands:
- Weightlifters, athletes, tennis, discus thrower.
- workers on the assembly line.
Also at risk are people leading a sedentary lifestyle. When there is no load in the blood circulation slows down cartilage and tissue stops receiving nutrients. As a result, the cartilage dries and begins to break down, causing inflammation.
types of diseases
Periarthritis of shoulder joint has several forms, depending on which further treatment:
|simple periartritopatiya||There are painful shoulder, aggravated by movement of the limbs.|
|acute periarthritis||Characterized by sharply emerged and growing painful sensations that give in the neck and arm and aggravated by movement of the limbs.|
|chronic periarthritis||Patient concerned moderate pain, worse in the morning and at night. There is a feeling of heaviness in the affected shoulder.|
The main symptom of shoulder periarthritis - pain. It manifests itself in all kinds of illness and strengthened when making hand movements, and at night, causing insomnia. If the pressure on the affected area, the pain also increase.
After some time developing the "frozen shoulder" syndrome - a condition in which a person can only move his arm back and forth. Other movements (lead hand to the side, raising and lowering) are not possible due to severe pain and limited joint mobility.
In the acute form of the disease shoulder swells and blushes, may increase the local and general body temperature; a person feels extreme weakness and malaise.
Also on the shoulder periarthritis may indicate the patient's posture - if he keeps his hand, bending it at the elbow, and pressed to the body (As in the application of plaster bandage after fracture), it can indicate inflammation of the shoulder joint.
Diagnosis and treatment of shoulder periarthritis engaged 3 doctors: orthopedics, traumatology and arthrology. If you suspect a pathology can visit any of them, if necessary, the doctor will give referrals to other specialists.
First, the doctor listens to the patient's complaints and then conducts a visual inspection and palpation of the affected area. He looks at the subject of limitation of joint movement, swelling and pain severity.
Further carried out the instrumental and laboratory diagnostics:
|type of diagnosis||Description|
|General blood analysis||If the blood is increased white blood cell count, which indicates the presence of inflammation in the body.|
|Radiology||A picture is taken in the projections 3 for a more detailed consideration of the joint; if appropriate in the joint cavity injected contrast agent.|
|ultrasound||It is carried out to detect inflammation in the muscles. It requires no special training.|
|Computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)||Allow to make 3D images and assess the state of the shoulder joint and surrounding tissues and to evaluate the stage of the disease; most commonly prescribed an MRI, but with contraindications to it is carried out CT.|
|Arthroscopy||Minimally invasive surgery, during which the joint cavity through microincision administered special device - arthroscope and watching state inside the joint. Also during the research can be taken a sample of the synovial membrane and surrounding structures for microbiological diagnosis.|
treatment of the disease
Periarthritis of shoulder joint, treatment is complex, requires a temporary immobilization of the affected shoulder. This will prevent further complications and reduce the severity of symptoms.
As preparations include ointments, gels and creams with analgesic and anti-inflammatory action. They also help relieve swelling in the affected area and increase the motor activity of the shoulder.
Most often, when periarthritis appoint the following drugs:
- Ointment or gel "Ibuprofen" - it has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic action. Apply 3-4 times a day for 2-3 weeks.
- Ointment "Diclofenac" - relieves pain, relieves inflammation and eliminates joint stiffness. Apply 2-3 times a day, a course of treatment should not exceed 14 days.
- Gel "Nise" - it has a pronounced analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, eliminates stiffness and swelling at the affected area. It is used 3-4 times a day, a course of treatment should not exceed 10 days.
Also, the doctor may prescribe therapeutic patch "Voltaren", which is bonded onto the diseased area for a few hours (6 to 24). Throughout this time he has anti-inflammatory effect and reduces the severity of symptoms.
Medicines for oral
Local media necessarily combine with internal, which can be administered orally (by mouth) or in the form of injections:
|release Form||names means|
|NSAIDs||Cropped inflammation possess analgesic properties.||Tablets, injections capsules, suspensions||"Ibuprofen", "diclofenac", "Nise", "Movalis" Nimesulide "," nimulid "|
|glucocorticosteroids||Hormonal drugs used after failure of NSAIDs and severe pain.||In degenerative diseases of the prescribed injection||"Betamethasone" "Dexamethasone"|
|novocaine blockade||The patient was administered with novocaine injection of a certain scheme. As a result, the pain eliminated for a long time.||injections||"Novocaine".|
|chondroprotectors||Assign the degenerative disease, which has become a cause of inflammation. Chondroprotectors accelerate the regeneration of damaged tissues and contribute to the improvement of metabolism in the affected area.||Tablets, injections||"Don", "Struktum", "Teraflex"|
|vasodilators||Assign degenerative diseases where blood circulation in the affected area. Promote vasodilation and better tissue nutrition.||Tablets, injections||"Aktovegin", "Eufillin", "Vinpocetine"|
Shoulder joint periarthritis, treatment which is directed to relief of inflammation and pain can be eliminated by folk remedies. To do this, apply compresses, bandages and broths. Before using folk methods should consult a doctor to avoid complications and side effects.
To prepare the dressing should:
- Dissolve 100 g of sodium chloride, or sea salt in 1 liter of water.
- Fold a piece of cotton or gauze in the layers 6 and lower in salt water for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours the solution was warmed with a gauze and bandage on the sore shoulder.
- Secure warm towel or a handkerchief and leave overnight.
The course of treatment is 14 days. This compress helps to eliminate pain and improve joint mobility.
Compress with honey
It is necessary to apply a thin layer of honey (Donnikova better since it has a pronounced anti-inflammatory property and helps with sprains and bruises) on the sore shoulder, as well as on the area of the clavicle, scapula and forearm. Roll up top with cling film and warm shawl, leave in such a form for the whole night.
Honey wrap helps to stop inflammation, eliminate pain and improve joint mobility. The course of treatment - 10-12 days until the symptoms pass periarthritis.
Marsh cinquefoil is used for the treatment of inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system. It helps relieve pain and inflammation, accelerates the regeneration of cartilage tissue, succumbed to degenerative processes, and increases motor activity of the joints. The infusion of cinquefoil can be used both externally and inside.
To prepare the means necessary:
- 50 g Comarum root must be cut into pieces of length of about 1 cm and put them in a 3-liter jar made of dark glass.
- Pour 500 ml of vodka plant or ethyl alcohol and let set for 21 days in a dark place. 1 time per week capacity necessary to shake.
- 21 days to get a tincture and filter it through cheesecloth.
Dosing outwardly: 3 v. l. means to dissolve in a glass of water (about 80 degrees temperature) in a liquid to moisten piece of cotton or gauze and applied to the affected area for two hours.
Dosing inside: 1 st. l. 3 times a day for 20-30 minutes. before meals. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
Lingonberry possesses strong anti-inflammatory effect. Tea must be filled with 100 g of berries or leaves, cranberries hot water (temperature of about 80 degrees) and leave brewed for 15 minutes. under the hood. Tea, take 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment is 14 days (since the cranberries is an allergen, the drink is best consumed in a day).
Birch buds also have anti-inflammatory effect and help to eliminate pain.
Of these, you can prepare the infusion:
- 1 tbsp. l. birch buds grind and pour 500 ml hot water.
- Leave to infuse for 30 min., Then filtered.
Take 2-3 times a day. It is recommended each time to prepare a new batch of brew.
It is also possible to prepare an alcohol tincture:
- 20 g of crushed birch buds folded in a dark container and pour 100 ml of vodka or ethyl alcohol.
- Infuse 3 weeks in a dark cool place, then strain.
- Take 15-20 drops 20 minutes before a meal. The course of treatment - 2 weeks.
Periarthritis of shoulder joint to be treated includes special exercises require further rehabilitation. Exercise therapy is prescribed to normalize joint function, strengthening the surrounding muscles, prevention of relapses.
The complex of therapeutic exercises include a warm-up, stretching and core exercises.
Warm-up (runs on both shoulders):
- Tilt your head from side to side, forward and backward - 4 cycles.
- Rotation of the head in a circle - 4 wheel right and left.
- Raising the arms up and down - 10 times.
- Circular rotation arm back and forth 10 times in each direction.
- Both hands to lift parallel to the floor and make the rotational motion of the elbow joint 4 times 4 times forward and backward - 2 cycles.
- The patient's hand to lift parallel to the floor, palms facing back. Slowly withdraw the limb back and turn the housing in the same direction. Stay for 4-5 sec, then slowly return to starting position. Repeat 2 times with each hand.
- Their feet at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other, the right limb raised and bent at the elbow so that your fingers touch the right scapula. The left lock arm holding the right elbow and gently pull it down, creating resistance for 5-8 seconds. Next, you need to get up to the starting position and do the exercise with the other arm. Repeat activity should be 2 times for each side.
- Their feet at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other. Hands positioned as follows: put the right hand on the left shoulder and the left hand - on the right shoulder as if hugging himself. Take a deep breath and then try as much as possible tight hug - elbows should be high, and the fingers need to try to reach the spine. Count to 5 and slowly return to the starting position. Repeat 3 times.
- Hands throw in the back of the castle at the waist level. Then slowly pull them as far as possible to the right and hold up to the extreme point at 5-7. After that, relax your hands and without disengaging the lock, return them to the starting point and repeat the exercise to the left. Make 2-fold cycle.
For the following exercises you will need a chair:
- Sit on a chair, legs apart about shoulder width apart. Hands folded in her lap. Take a deep breath and begin to gently shake the elbows outwards and inwards. Repeat 10-12 times.
- Hands positioned at the waist and gradually reduce and raise the elbows, without jerks. Repeat 10-12 times. Then perform the same movement with the shoulders 10-12.
- Put one hand on the opposite shoulder and elbow pressed to the body. The second hand is necessary to take the elbow and pull it upward, creating a resistance to slow. Count to 10 and relax the limbs. Repeat with the other arm.
Stretching (stretching exercises at the end of training will help make the muscles more flexible and prevent possible muscle pain):
- Their feet at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other, both hands to lift up and make the shoulders, elbows looking up (must be tension in the belt of the shoulder). Stay in this position for 8-10 seconds. Repeat 2 times.
- Starting position - feet shoulder width apart. One arm raised and make the shoulder, so that the arm looked up. Second hand also make for a spin, only from below, and throw in the palm of the castle. Pull muscles for 8-10 seconds and then relax again to do the exercise, changing hands.
- Hands throw in the back of the castle at the waist level. On account of "time" expand palm down and pull them down. Count to 10, and to relax the hand repeated 3 times.
- To face the back of the chair back at a distance of about 1 m. Legs put at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other and bend gently forward so that the palm laid back in the chair. Then you need to gently stretch the shoulder joints down for 8-10 seconds, then slowly straighten up. Repeat the cycle 3-4 times.
- Legs to put together both hands to lift up and throw in the palm. Take a deep breath and bend to the side as low as possible. Stay at 3-4 with an extreme point, then return to starting position. Repeat needed to 4 p. round trip.
The basic rules of employment by physiotherapy exercises:
- Initially advised to undergo physical therapy course at a clinic, and then perform the exercises at home.
- Exercise need to perform slowly and carefully; jerks, sudden movements are prohibited.
- The load shall be increased gradually - you should start with a minimum number of exercises and repetitions.
- It is important to perform exercises on a regular basis (every day or every other day), otherwise the result will not be.
- If you experience sharp pain during the session, it must immediately stop.
- Exercises contraindicated in the presence of high body temperature, acute inflammatory and infectious diseases, and severe cardiovascular pathologies.
- Clothing for employment should be comfortable and made of natural fabrics. You should not wear things tightening movement.
Once the inflammatory process will take place, the patient is prescribed physical therapy procedures, which helps normalize the blood circulation in the affected area, eliminate pain and speed recovery tissues. Depending on the individual characteristics of the patient and the severity of the pathology may assign the following types of physical therapy:
- laser exposure;
- ultrasonic treatment;
- magnetic therapy.
- irradiation of infrared rays.
Physiotherapy pursue a course of 10-15 procedures.
Together with the prescribed physical therapy massage, designed to improve motor activity of the shoulder joint and normalize blood circulation in it. Massage should do the skilled artisan.It is best to take a course of procedures in a hospital or special clinic. You can also perform a light self-massage at home.
Prognosis and complications
Periarthritis of shoulder joint, which treatment should begin as soon as possible can lead to complications. The inflammatory process is able to penetrate into the joint cavity and cause arthritis or lead to inflammation of the neck muscles, arms or back.
The most dangerous, the consequences of periarthritis - a joint contracture that occurs due to the destruction of cartilage.
When joint contracture fully deprived of physical activity, ie the person can not move them. Treat contracture, basically, only surgically, either replace the affected joint prosthesis or excised affected areas of the cartilage and remove fragments of bone and joint structures.
If you see a specialist at the first sign and start anti-inflammatory therapy, it is possible to restore normal mobility of the limbs and to prevent violations of its functions.
Periarthritis of shoulder joint can be prevented by avoiding overcooling, do not load the shoulder and up to the end all cure joint diseases. It should not engage in self-therapy - this can lead to the development of chronic forms of the disease.
Registration of the article: Vladimir the Great
Video of the shoulder joint periarthritis
The doctor will tell how to treat frozen shoulder: