Chair characterized watery diarrhea stool weight liquid or semi-liquid consistency. In adults, diarrhea is not considered an independent pathology, as a sign that something is wrong with your stomach does not work properly in the gastrointestinal tract. Indigestion is a dangerous threat to people, which leads to serious consequences.
Consider how to treat diarrhea at home, and what drugs are used for diarrhea in adults.
Causes of diarrhea
The main causes loose stools in adults:
- intolerance to certain foods (allergic reactions hypolactasia);
- indigestion after a heavy meal with a "heavy" dishes;
- mild food poisoning;
- stress state (excitement, fear, startle in which diarrhea - the result of ejection hormones);
- certain medications (laxatives, antacids, antiarrhythmics, anticoagulants, synthetic sweeteners);
- traveler's diarrhea (related to the change of climate and diet).
Such diarrhea usually passes in 3-4 days, and sick, most likely, will be able to link the onset of diarrhea with previous events. However, the causes of diarrhea in adults may be more serious:
- inflammatory diseases of the digestive system (gastritis, hepatitis, ulcerative colitis (ulcerative colitis), ulcers);
- infection by bacteria, viruses, protozoa (dysentery, salmonellosis, intestinal flu);
- Gastrointestinal disorders of unknown etiology (Crohn's disease);
- functional insufficiency of organs (deficiency of certain enzymes);
- toxic damage (lead poisoning, mercury).
In such cases, not enough just to stop diarrhea: should establish the diagnosis and conduct qualified treatment, often in a hospital. With regard to the clinical manifestations of diarrhea, they can be Just noticeable. This applies to ordinary indigestion, when in addition to the liquid stool may experience abdominal cramping and dyspeptic symptoms (swirling, swelling, severe flatulence in the intestine.
Clinical features of diarrhea in the presence of DCI (acute intestinal infections)
As a result of various pathogenic microorganisms is a violation of the digestive system. In winter, the AII is a consequence of effects on the body of viruses, and in the summer - bacteria. digestive disorders occur both as a result of penetration of microbes in the intestinal mucosa, and thanks to the development of toxic agents.
Diarrhea caused by OCI, such as salmonellosis or Enteroinvasive sticks can last quite a long period of time. In some cases, this condition can even threaten the patient's life.
There are two main types of diarrhea in the presence of the OCI:
- With blood. This type of diarrhea occurs due to contact with the intestinal mucosa of bacteria that affect it. Often encountered in the development of diseases such as salmonellosis and dysentery;
- Watery. This type of diarrhea characteristic of AII which are caused by ingestion of bacteria and viruses that emit toxic substances, e.g., Vibrio cholerae. As a result, the intestinal mucosa which were destroyed by pathogenic microorganisms starts to produce water and salts which then fall into the feces.
In the presence of the OCI, as a rule, there is diarrhea, which is in the acute stage. With the development of certain diseases, such as dysentery, diarrhea can become chronic.
In some cases, an urgent need to see a doctor:
- If severe diarrhea does not stop more than 4 days;
- when watery diarrhea accompanied by high fever;
- if the stool dark and tarry consistency;
- when constant diarrhea contains mucus or blood;
- if watery severe diarrhea occurs more than 15 times a day;
- when the body temperature is below 36.6;
- if much stomach aches;
- If there is severe diarrhea, accompanied by sharp pains in the abdomen;
- if there is a possibility of poisoning by toxic substances and poisons.
Even one of the symptoms is considered to be a serious cause for immediate treatment to the doctor for both women and men.
How to treat diarrhea?
If diarrhea appears regularly accompanied by pain, swelling, discomfort, if there is mucus in the stool and Blood and stool frequency greater than 15-20 times a day - you need to see a doctor and find out the cause of the condition. Only an understanding of the reasons you can assign the proper effective treatment of diarrhea.
At home treatment with drugs should be carried out only after consultation with a specialist! Incorrectly chosen preparations, as well as the dosage of non-compliance can lead to very serious consequences!
The greatest hazard to human diarrhea is due to the high risk of dehydration, which can be prevented by means of special medicines such as Regidron.
- Rehydron. Glucose-electrolyte mixture having the rehydration effect. It is used for diarrhea to restore lost electrolytes. Contraindicated in patients who are unconscious, as well as people with obstruction bowel hypersensitivity to the drug components and functional disorders kidney. Not applicable for diarrhea caused by cholera. Diabetics should take Regidron only with the permission and under the supervision of a physician!
To combat diarrhea also use the following drugs:
- Atsipol. Probiotic that helps to restore the intestinal microflora and is involved in the normalization of the synthesis of vitamins K, B1-B12. It is used to treat diarrhea caused by intestinal dysbiosis, bowel dysmotility and peristalsis. Is contraindicated in patients sensitive to any of the components. The average price - 250 rubles.
- Activated carbon. The water insoluble drug based on animal or vegetable coal having disintoxicational adsorbing, antidiarrheal effect. Contraindicated in adult patients with ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, stomach bleeding. When simultaneous administration with other drugs and will neutralize their action becomes useless for the treatment of diarrhea. The average price for 10 tablets of the drug is 15-20 rubles.
- Hilak Forte. Remedy for diarrhea, has a beneficial effect on the growth of beneficial intestinal microflora. Detrimental effect on pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic flora. Contraindications intolerance main and / or auxiliary substances in the preparation. In acute bacterial diarrhea conditions for use antibiotics which destroy pathogens of intestinal pathologies. All antibiotics have a negative impact not only on pathogenic microorganisms, but also on the normal intestinal microflora.
- Smecta. Sorption preparation which has a positive effect on the organism with chronic diarrhea caused by allergic reactions or infections exposure. Not recommended for use in patients with increased sensitivity and ileus. The average price - 125 rubles.
- Enterol. The antibiotic has antimicrobial and antidiarrheal effect. It has anti-toxic and immunostimulatory effects. Is contraindicated in women who bears a child and during breastfeeding. Just not used to treat patients with hypersensitivity to the drug. The average price - 250 rubles.
As an important council should be noted that diarrhea in adults, not for the past 3 days, - a reason for treatment to the doctor. Chronic diarrhea may indicate a serious illness, it is even in some forms of cancer.
Also worth a see a doctor if the temperature rises in diarrhea over 38, there are uncharacteristic indigestion or poisoning symptoms: rash, jaundice of the skin and eyes, dark urine excretion, violations Sleep. Constant excruciating abdominal pain should not be the norm (permissible cramps before and during defecation).
Black or green diarrhea, vomiting admixture with fresh or coagulated (dark) blood semiunconscious condition, severe dehydration signs indicate the criticality of the situation: an urgent need to call the an ambulance.
How to treat diarrhea after antibiotics?
diarrhea after antibiotic treatment is carried out in a comprehensive and is aimed at restoring the intestinal functions. Also, the aim of therapeutic measures is to eliminate the symptoms and consequences of this disorder.
The methods of treatment of diarrhea after antibiotics include:
- adherence to diet;
- approx medicines, corrective composition of intestinal microflora;
- prevention of dehydration and intoxication.
Taking medicines for correction of intestinal microflora
For the normalization of intestinal microflora composition and properties of the patients were prescribed special preparations. Depending on the composition and has the effect of such drugs are divided into several categories.
The types of products are:
- Probiotics - include the culture of live microorganisms;
- Prebiotics - contain substances that stimulate the activity of beneficial microflora;
- synbiotics - combined preparations consisting of probiotics and prebiotics.
The therapeutic effect of these drugs is to form a favorable environment for the growth of beneficial intestinal microflora and suppression of pathogenic microorganisms. Active preparations data components participate in the formulation of vitamins and create an environment for effective assimilation. Also receiving these drugs contributes to better break down food and excrete toxic substances.
What to eat if you have diarrhea?
It is recommended to eat bananas, boiled rice, applesauce, crackers. Food should be boiled, mashed or steamed, without spices, fat and crude fiber plant. You need to eat small, frequent meals (preferably every 3 hours with a break for the night). Daily intake of salt - 8-10 g
- strong broths of meat, fish, vegetables or mushrooms,
- canned, smoked, spicy foods,
- any flour products (except as permitted above)
- all sweet (intestinal infection violates the function of mucous, so undigested sugar roam and cause osmotic diarrhea)
- any fatty meals (nourishing soups, fatty meats and fish),
- mushrooms (heavily absorbed even in healthy people, because they contain a polysaccharide chitin, which is also available in the outer cover of crayfish, insects, etc.)
- vegetables, fruits and berries in the cheese and not shabby,
- whole (fresh) milk (there are a lot of lactose, see details. below),
- legumes (beans, lentils, beans)
- Carbonated drinks (carbon dioxide irritate)
- cold dishes.
- white bread (or stale as crackers)
- fresh grated low-fat cheese,
- mucosal mashed cereal gruel-water (especially recommended rice porridge)
- boiled eggs or scrambled eggs for a couple,
- Soup on low meat, fish or vegetable broth with a cooked cereals,
- lean meats and fish in the form of steam meatballs,
- acid apples baked, cooked, grated form (apple pectin toxins and organic acids inhibit bacterial growth),
If there are signs of decay (putrid smell of feces, belching rotten, increased flatulence) that reduce the amount of protein in the food and give more cereal, mucous soups, jellies. In the presence of the fermentation characteristics (foam cal sour smell) necessary to reduce the amount of carbohydrates in the food to about 150 g / d. and at the same time increase the amount of protein (cheese, eggs, minced meat).
As the healing power are expanding, including in the menu biscuits, bakery products made from unleavened dough nesdobnoe, dairy products, fresh fruit (with their normal tolerance).
When diarrhea in hospitals administered therapeutic № table 4 (by Pevzner) convalescent - № 2, subsequently - № 15 (shared desk). On the Internet a lot of information on this subject, including a description, examples, and even calorie dishes.
To minimize the risk of penetration into the body of intestinal infections and to prevent food poisoning, the following steps should be followed:
- thorough hand washing with soap and water before eating;
- quality wash fresh fruits and berries, especially purchased at markets and supermarkets in running water;
- competent cooking of the products;
- waiver of late, defective or suspect food.