Release form and composition
- lozenges: from almost white to off-white color, Valium, with a facet on one of the parties applied to the inscription ERGOFERON, on the other - separating risk and the inscription MATERIA MEDICA (20 PC. in blisters in a cardboard bundle 1, 2 or 5 packages);
- oral solution: clear colorless or nearly colorless liquid (100 mL glass bottle with a dropper, orange, in a cardboard bundle 1 vial).
1 tablet contains:
- active agents: antibodies to gamma-interferon affinity purified human - 0.006 g (in aqueous-alcoholic dilution of 10012), antibodies to histamine affinity purified - 0.006 g (in aqueous-alcoholic dilution of 10030), antibodies to CD4 gene affinity purified - 0.006 g (in aqueous-alcoholic dilution 10050);
- auxiliaries: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate.
In a 100 ml solution for oral administration contains:
- active agents: antibodies to gamma-interferon affinity purified human - 0.12 g (in aqueous-alcoholic dilution of 10012); antibody affinity-purified histamine - 0.12 g (in aqueous-alcoholic dilution of 10030), antibodies to CD4 gene affinity purified - 0.12 g (in aqueous-alcoholic dilution of 10050);
- Auxiliary components: potassium sorbate, maltitol, anhydrous citric acid, glycerol, purified water.
Ergoferon - immunomodulating drug with antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antihistaminic activity. A wide range of pharmacological actions due to its combined structure. All the active components of the preparation the same mechanism of action which is to enhance the functional activity of CD4-receptor, receptors for interferon gamma and histamine. This contributes expressed immunotropnyh influence Ergoferona.
By combining the three active components of enhanced immunomodulating activity:
- antibodies to interferon gamma: increasing the expression of alpha-, beta- and gamma-interferon and interleukins associated with them (IL) - IL-2, IL-4, IL-10, normalize level and the functional activity of natural antibodies to gamma-interferon, which are a significant factor of the natural antiviral resistance body. The presence in the composition Ergoferona antibodies to gamma interferon improves the ligand-receptor interaction of interferon and cytokine status recovery. Potentiates induction of the expression of major histocompatibility complex antigens I, II type, Fc-receptor of monocytes, stimulates regulation immunoglobulin synthesis, the functional activity of NK-cells (natural killer cells), activates immune responses of helper T-1 and type-2 (Th1 and Th2);
- antibody to histamine: modifying gistaminzavisimuyu H1-receptor activation, help to reduce bronchial smooth muscle tone, capillary permeability. This effect reduces the duration and severity of swelling of the nasal mucosa, rhinorrhea, coughing and sneezing. However, the reduced severity of associated allergic reactions decreases eosinophil chemotaxis and aggregation of platelets in reactions on contact with the allergen;
- antibodies to CD4: adjusting the functional activity of CD4-receptor cause increased functional activity CD4-lymphocytes, normalization of CD4 / CD8 immunoregulatory index, the composition of subpopulations of immune cells - CD3, CD4, CD8, CD16 and CD20.
Experimentally established components of the drug efficacy was confirmed by clinical studies obtained following the treatment of infectious diseases: acute respiratory disease (caused by adenoviruses, parainfluenza viruses, respiratory syncytial virus and coronavirus), influenza A virus, and B, chicken pox, herpes labial, ophthalmoherpes, herpes zoster, genital herpes, infectious mononucleosis, meningitis (Enterovirus, meningococcal) encephalitis, acute intestinal infections (caused by rotaviruses, enteroviruses, and coronaviruses calicivirus), hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome.
The use of the complex therapy of bacterial infections (including pneumonia of various etiologies, including those caused by atypical pathogens - Chlamydophila pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Legionella speciales), pseudotuberculosis, yersiniosis, whooping cough, except medical action, helps to prevent the development of superinfection. The drug exhibits efficacy in the prevention of bacterial complications of viral lesions; It increases the efficiency of vaccination when taken in pre- and post-immunization period. In the step of forming postvaccination immunity provides nonspecific prevention of influenza and acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI). Has a preventive effect against SARS non-influenza etiology, prevents the development of intercurrent disease after vaccination.
Technically, it is impossible to study the pharmacokinetics Ergoferona due to insufficient sensitivity of modern physical-chemical methods of analysis (GLC, high performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry), which does not allow an accurate assessment of the content of active ingredients of the drug in tissues, organs and biological human fluids.
According to the instructions, Ergoferon recommended for the prevention and treatment of the following diseases:
- influenza virus type A and B;
- acute respiratory viral infection caused by adenovirus, parainfluenza virus, coronavirus, respiratory syncytial virus;
- herpes virus infection (chicken pox, ophthalmoherpes, labial herpes, herpes zoster, genital herpes, infectious mononucleosis);
- acute intestinal infection caused by adenovirus, calicivirus, coronavirus, enteroviruses, rotavirus;
- meningitis (Enterovirus and meningococcal);
- hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome;
- tick-borne viral encephalitis.
In addition, the drug is prescribed in the complex therapy of whooping cough, pseudotuberculosis, various pneumonia etiology (including Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Legionella speciales), bacterial iersinioza genesis. And also for the prevention of superinfection and prevention of bacterial complications of viral infections.
Ergoferona use contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to its components.
Precautions should be prescribed the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Tablets: congenital or lactase deficiency galactosemia, a syndrome of glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Solution: hereditary fructose intolerance, the age of 3 years.
The solution should be taken with caution in patients with diabetes.
Instructions for use Ergoferona
Tablets are taken orally without swallowing immediately and held in the mouth until complete dissolution. The drug should be made some time after the meal.
Ergoferon tablet for children from six months to three years should be dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water, cooled to room temperature.
Recommended dosage Ergoferona:
- acute infections: 7 pcs. during the first day of the scheme - 1 pc. every 0.5 hours during the first 2 hours followed by 1 piece. at an interval of 7 hours. Continue treatment at a dose of 1 pc. 3 times a day. Apply the drug should be to a full recovery;
- prevention of viral infectious diseases: 1-2 pcs. in a day. Duration of the course determined by the physician individually, it can range from 30 to 180 days.
The solution is taken orally, swallowing immediately, but delayed for some time in the mouth, it will provide the maximum effect of the drug. Receiving the solution should not be combined with the meal.
Recommended dosage Ergoferona:
- acute infections: during the first day of Scheme - 5 ml (1 teaspoonful) 4 times every 0.5 hours, then 5 ml every 7 hours (3 times). From the second day of treatment and then continued at a dose of 5 ml 3 times per day. The solution should be applied before full recovery;
- prevention of viral infectious diseases: 5-10 ml per day, the duration of the course determined by the physician individually, it may be from 30 to 180 days.
Begin treatment of acute infection should be from the moment of the manifestation of its symptoms.
Admission Ergoferona may cause hypersensitivity reactions.
Symptoms of overdose are Ergoferona dyspeptic phenomena such as nausea, vomiting and / or diarrhea. When they appear symptomatic therapy is recommended.
If signs of side effects Ergoferona should consult a doctor.
Maltitol content 5 ml of a solution of 0.3 g, corresponding to 0.02 XE (bread unit). Maltitol for the metabolism in diabetes need to consider dose adjustment of insulin. In the appointment of insulin dose should be considered a slow hydrolysis and absorption of the drug in the gastrointestinal tract. Energy value 5 ml - 1.37 kcal. Maltitol Energy value is much lower than that of sucrose and is 2.4 kcal / g.
Effects on ability to road management and complex mechanisms
Admission Ergoferon tablets does not affect the patient's ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms. The impact of the solution on the psychophysical condition of the patients has not been studied.
Pregnancy and lactation
Information on the safety of Ergoferona during pregnancy and lactation are not available.
It is recommended to resort to the use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding, only in those cases where, in the opinion of the physician, the expected effect of the therapy for the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus or child.
The use in children
Contraindicated Ergoferona appointment for children aged up to six months - in the form of tablets, for children up to three years - in the form of a solution.
Admission Ergoferona can be combined with drugs for symptomatic treatment and other antiviral drugs, incompatibilities have not been established.
Ergoferona analogues are: Alpizarin, Allokin-alpha Arbidol Viferon, hiporamin, Oscillococcinum, Tselzentri, Ingavirin, Viracept, Kagocel, Fuzeon, Nikavir, tilorona et al.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep away from children.
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, protected from light.
Shelf life - 3 years.
Conditions of supply of pharmacies
Available without prescription.
Reviews Ergoferone rather contradictory. Patients receiving the drug at the first symptoms of flu, in strict accordance with the instructions specified in the diagram, note tangible relief to the state on the second day of therapy. Prophylactic administration of a homeopathic remedy the family where there is a patient with a viral infectious disease, allowing them to avoid infection. Many patients after repeated use of the drug for diseases of viral etiology report that therapy allows them to more easily move the acute phase of the disease and to accelerate the process recovery.
In a review, with a negative evaluation Ergoferona talk about the complete absence of therapeutic effect, and in some cases even an exacerbation of the disease.
Price Ergoferon in pharmacies
Price Ergoferon for a package containing 20 tablets may be from 319 p.