Along with the KLA, which is increasingly performed using automated systems, clinicians use different tests and provocation tests.
The study of urinary sediment reveals changes in the urinary system. Many kidney disease accompanies leucocyturia. Norma leukocytes in the urine of women and children differ from men, but exceeding these values are often associated with the same type of pathological processes.
What is the rate of white blood cells in the urine?
Normally, in the urine may be somewhat immune cells: these are the "watchmen" who checked the bodies for infection or cancer. In women, these cells may be a bit more: in their urine can get more white blood cells and those that are "checked" genitals.
Thus, the rate of white blood cells in the urine (for general clinical analysis of urine)
- women: 0-6 in a field of view;
If we talk about the sample Nechiporenko, the elevated level of leukocytes is considered above 2000 cells per 1 ml (women allowed up to 4000 cells).
- Amburzhe sample rate also - to 2000 leukocytes.
- by Addis Kakovskomu norm is above two million white blood cells in the urine daily.
Thus, it means "elevated white blood cells'? Depending on how they are defined by the analysis of urine, they are:
- 3 or more in men and 6 women (by total analysis);
- or more than 2000 (at Amburzhe and nechyporenko);
- or more than 2 million (in Addis Kakovskomu).
What may indicate deviations from the norm?
In medical practice, there is a certain set of criteria according to which is determined by the dependence of the health status of women on the level of white blood cells in the urine.
In conducting a general analysis of grading it depends on the number of white blood cells appeared in the field of view of the researcher:
- from 0 to 6 units - the norm is not exceeded, the woman is absolutely healthy;
- from 7 to 10 pieces - slight excess indicators may be temporary;
- from 11 to 50 - is considered as an indication of the presence of a physician inflammation;
If the concentration of white blood cells is enormous and can not be counted, so the body is exposed to a serious disease, accompanied by a very strong inflammatory process.
Causes of white blood cells in the urine of women
Leucocyturia - a condition where the number of white cells exceeds the permissible limits and usually indicates inflammation. Pathology can be localized in the bladder, ureter, renal pelvis, the female genital organs. The women say that the urine becomes turbid, often with an unpleasant odor, visually defined white flakes. Pyuria when it acquires a greenish color.
Consider the basic the causes of white blood cells in the urine of women:
- pyelonephritis. It can develop as an independent disease or as a climbing after infection cystitis. It often occurs in immunocompromised people with low immunity.
- Cystitis. Acute illness is hard to miss: it is manifested by intense pain in the abdomen, a strong urge to urinate and painful (especially at the end), sometimes even release of blood in the urine and increase temperature. A chronic cystitis may be asymptomatic, but in some cases, let them know about yourself frequent urination and a slight discomfort in his presence. In chronic cystitis periodically arise exacerbations that manifest symptoms of acute process.
- nephrolithiasis or stones in the kidneys. Symptoms - bouts of acute pain in the lumbar region, especially after the shakes, fever, sometimes vmoche there are traces of blood, as evidenced by elevated levels of red blood cells.
- Hematuria - is a disease that is associated with the presence of blood cells in the urine. There is also a gross hematuria, a condition in which urine is a small amount of blood. This disease can be seen even without conducting any tests, since urine is a reddish hue.
- Urethritis - inflammation of the urethra (or urethra). Manifested in women in the form of itching, discomfort during urination, various secretions (pus, bleeding). It meets urethritis caused by specific microflora - trichomonas, mycoplasma, gonorrhea, chlamydia.
- Gynecological disease. Inflammation of the ovaries and fallopian tubes in women can be a source of white blood cells caught in the urine. For this pathology is characterized by bilateral sudden pain in the lower abdomen, favoring in the inguinal area and thighs, as well as increases during sexual contact.
Also, another reason for the appearance of white blood cells in the urine may be pregnant. This is due to the fact that in this period, accompanied by the activity of hormones, but if the same level of white blood cells significantly higher than normal, thus continues to remain so for a long period, it is likely that the body is infection. In this case, a visit to the doctor is a must.
Infection in the urine may also appear from - the fact that often hinder urination, thereby the bladder will not have to perform its function fully, which leads to the inability to fully empty. The urine that is left in the bladder, can begin to develop an infection, and as a consequence - the emergence of high levels of white blood cells.
What to do?
How to reduce the white blood cells in the urine, if they have a pathological origin? The method is chosen individually, depending on the cause of leukocytosis, a particular case, the patient's age. Methods of treatment of an adult and a child may vary.
As a rule, the following methods are assigned:
- appointment of antihistamines, if any increased rates due to allergies;
- chemotherapy, surgery for cancer manifestations;
- antibiotics, if the disease is associated with a hit bacterial infections;
- nonsteroidal drugs to eliminate foci of inflammation;
- the use of combination therapy in pathologies of internal organs;
- the abolition of drugs if leukocytosis caused by their reception;
- if very high levels used leukapheresis - purified blood transfusion.