stomatitis treatment in adults continues 4-14 days, depending on the type and extent of the disease. Healing ulcers, usually takes place quietly, and the place of wounds is left virtually no trace. People who recover from stomatitis at least once in life, there is a risk of re-infection. Frequency of occurrence of the disease is highly variable.
Some patients suffer from this disease is 3-4 times per year (typical case), others - after not yet had time to fully heal sores, immediately there are new, that allows you to position as chronic stomatitis disease.
What it is?
Stomatitis - Disease oral mucositis on the inner surface of the cheeks, gums, tongue. The disease is accompanied by the formation of ulcers, wounds. The disease is contagious, so by themselves inflammation symptoms persist.
Stomatitis in adults can be cured quickly at home, it needs to use performance-enhancing drugs. Which ones? Read the article in "treatment" section.
The mechanism of development and causes of stomatitis
The mechanism of occurrence of stomatitis has not yet fully revealed, but most likely this is due to a reaction of the immune system to stimuli. It is believed that stomatitis occurs in cases where, for reasons as yet unknown, the immune system reacts to the emergence of molecules that it can not recognize.
The appearance of such molecules provoking the attack of the immune system lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell) - about the same person's immune system responds, for example, on organ transplants. "Attack" count on those unidentified molecules leads to a mouth ulcer formations, which are called "stomatitis".
The reason for its occurrence is also considered local factors: improper oral hygiene. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract such as gastritis, duodenitis, colitis, as well as worm infestationMay be the cause catarrhal stomatitis. In this disease, oral mucosa becomes edematous, painful, congested, it may be coated with a white or yellow tinge. There hypersalivation (excessive salivation). There may be bleeding gums, appear halitosis.
By itself is not infectious stomatitis. Herpes stomatitis may occur as a result, but this is one of the variants of human responses to herpes simplex virus.
Mouth ulcers, causes and treatment are determined primarily as a function of the causative agent. There is a definite classification of the disease depending on whether a pathogen was the reason that there were white spots. What is stomatitis in the mouth, to a certain extent it depends on the pathogen.
|Viral||Consequence of the defeat of the herpes simplex virus (herpes stomatitis), Epstein-Barr virus (herpetic stomatitis). Such pathogens provoke the appearance of blisters, which contain transparent liquid. Later, the accession of a secondary bacterial infection. Next comes their opening, and there are erosion. Also appearing like sores in the mouth HIV. How to treat wounds, determined by a physician, find out the cause of the disease.|
|Bacterial||It appears due to the action of staphylococci or streptococci. In this form of the disease manifests purulent rash (easy to see on the photo), then quickly opened. As a consequence, formation of ulcers and erosions in the mouth.|
|Fungal||Usually manifests itself after a course of antibiotics, which the patient tries to cure other diseases. Fungal stomatitis, mouth, photo which clearly demonstrates a thick white coating appears as a result of the action that has the fungus Candida. After removing the white plaque in the mouth, painful erosion observed on the tonsils.|
|erosive||It appears after diseases and is characterized by the appearance of erosions.|
|Chemical||Corollary burns that produces acid or alkali. Later, there is scarring and deformation of the mucosa.|
|Ray||The investigation of radiation sickness, and develops after chemotherapy. The patient in the mouth appear to erosion, in certain parts of the mucous membrane thickens.|
Also, depending on comorbidities isolated syphilitic, streptococcal stomatitis.
Symptoms of thrush in adults
In all types of stomatitis symptoms are almost identical (see. Photo). In adults, the disease usually begins with a little red. It can be a single, it can be multiple. Then, around the outbreak area swells, it becomes painful. The next day, at this point formed ulcer with smooth edges and a red halo around. If ulcers are several adjacent, they can merge with each other. The central region of ulcers covered whitish or greyish bloom.
Sore itself is very painful, but the patient worried about excessive salivation, bleeding gums and bad breath. The pain from the sores can be so strong that it prevents chew food. Sores appear predominantly with the inner side of the lips, cheeks, tonsils, soft palate on. Sometimes it can appear on the tongue or under it.
It passes the disease for a period of 4 days to a month. After it leaves no trace.
What is stomatitis: photo
The photo below shows how the disease manifests itself in adults.
As is clear from the name, this type of stomatitita cause allergic reactions of the body. Trigger the development of diseases can: fillings, dentures, contact and food allergens, antibiotics.
Clinical manifestations of allergic stomatitis: swelling of the mucous membranes of the pharynx, the soft palate, tongue, cheeks and lips, which hinders the process of chewing and swallowing food, and also makes it difficult to breath. Oral mucosa is irritated, marked bleeding and the presence of erosive portions. Tongue coated bloom is increased in size. Salivation weak.
Allergy to denture seen burning at the site set design. Common symptoms: insomnia, irritability, fever up to critical levels.
thrush - symptoms primarily consist in the appearance on the mucosa of the mouth cavity aphthas (erosions) round or oval, the size of 5-10 mm. Usually formed only one AFTA, at least - two or three. Aphthae are surrounded by a bright red rim inflamed mucosa, while they themselves are covered with a whitish-gray fibrinous coating. Aphthae tend to sharply painful when touched, and therefore may be difficult to receive the food. Duration of clinical manifestations - about 8-10 days.
Chronic diseases in adults with frequent relapses demonstrates the presence of gastrointestinal or liver disorders. Manifested by symptoms: multiple lesions of the lips, cheeks, tongue; painful sensations that impede food intake; increase in body temperature to 38. Treatment of stomatitis house includes a range of measures associated with symptomatic signs, strengthening the immune system.
The causative agent - the fungus Candida - always in the human body in its mucous membranes. Its growth and reproduction is constrained lactic acid bacteria (bifidobacteria, lactobacilli). Under some conditions, the equilibrium is broken microorganisms, Bifidobacterium die and proliferates uncontrollably on Candida mucosa. The most common cause of thrush (yeast infection in the mouth) is receiving antibiotics.
In the initial stage of the disease symptoms appear precursors:
- a burning sensation in the mouth;
- swelling of the mucous membrane;
- white or gray plaque;
- thick white discharge;
- bad breath or halitosis;
- pain when chewing and speaking.
The white plaque in the mouth may lie in the mucous membranes in whole or in spots. If the plaque carefully remove (wipe off with cotton), it turns red inflamed mucosa of the mouth underneath.
Symptoms of herpetic stomatitis
The incubation period is less than 4 days. Most often the first manifestation of the disease occurs in childhood, after which the disease recurs periodically and upon reaching middle age. As a rule, the development of herpetic stomatitis caused by decrease the body's defenses, caused by a failure of the immune system, fatigue, stress, or other factors.
Characteristic of Education in the form of a fluid-filled blisters formed on her cheeks, palate and tongue. After bursting sporadically located vesicles fuse in painful erosions. In adulthood, the body's response is rarely accompanied by symptoms of severe intoxication, but in some case may myalgia, headache, fever (especially ignoring the initial symptoms).
Ulcerative stomatitis are relatively mild. signs of inflammation occur in the oral cavity: Blush mucosa becomes edematous, burning occurs in the gum region. After a few days such displays on the inner side of the cheeks, gums on solitary ulcers arise from above which there is a dirty-white plaque. Thus, patients complain of increased salivation, halitosis. Fever may occur. In ulcerative stomatitis observed sharp pain, which increases the time of contact with food inflamed areas, teeth and tongue.
Necrotizing ulcerative stomatitis Vincent manifested extensive inflammation of the oral mucosa with the rapid increase in symptoms. A few days fabric covered with ulcers with jagged edges, the top of which are dense film gray-green color. Around them are located hyperemic tissue, ulcers and themselves often apply to language. Inflamed lesions may merge to affect the deeper layers of the mucosa. If you try to remove plaque, the surface will appear red bleeding underneath.
It arises from the mechanical integrity of mucosal disorders due to careless prosthesis during trauma. The affected area becomes inflamed, swells, blood vessels are filled with blood. After a while, there is erosion, then the non-healing ulcer. In severe cases, the disease is complicated by fungal infection.
How to treat stomatitis in adults?
The mainstay of treatment of any form of thrush in adults - is pain relief and reduce inflammation by means of effective drugs. First of all, apply oral irrigation or application of local anesthetics. It is especially important to handle the mouth before meals to children. To stimulate the healing and combat microbial infection using solutions grasses (oak bark, linden blossom, broth chamomile, hypericum, calendula), or solution furatsillina miramistina.
Catarrhal stomatitis caused by trivial breach of oral hygiene, in mild can be treated at home by yourself, and the person forgets a week of his arrival. Thus it is necessary to use antiseptic mouthwashes, diet, eliminating sharp, hard, too salty or sour, hot or too cold food.
When stomatitis virus nature apply antiviral ointment. In order to create a protective film on ulcers used vazilin, dog-rose oil and sea buckthorn juice of aloe. They help in the regeneration of the epithelium.
Fungal stomatitis used antifungal drugs - Candida for localized treatment, miramistin, Geksoral.
Preparations for the treatment of stomatitis
Sometimes painful sores greatly hinders the patient to lead a normal life, to eat. Therefore, your doctor may recommend the use of some effective anesthetics, such as:
|drug Name||Mechanism of action|
|anestezin||local anesthetic for surface anesthesia action, produced in the form of tablets and powder for formation of powders lesion site.|
|Geksoral Tabs||is produced in the form of tablets for sucking, in preparation includes "Chlorhexidine" and "Benzocaine" that provide local antimicrobial and analgesic effect|
|lidocaine Asepta||antiseptic, having a local anesthetic effect, often used for thrush and for the treatment of erosive mucosal lesions.|
|Lidohlor||the combined action of the drug in gel form, which has local anesthetic and antiseptic effect, analgesia and antimicrobial action occurs after 5 minutes application of the gel.|
|Folk remedies||A decoction of sage, calendula, chamomile, kolanhoe juice - is used for pain relief and ulcer therapy.|
In addition, the treatment means must necessarily include mouthwashes, ointments, sprays, gels, absorbable tablet candies with antimicrobial activity.
Here is a list of relevant and effective drugs for the treatment of stomatitis home:
- "Aktovegin" - a gel which is used for the initial treatment of ulcers.
- "Eucalyptus M" - lozenges.
- "Kameton" - spray and aerosol.
- "Holisal" - Dental Gel combined with analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action.
- "Vinylinum gel", "Lugol spray", "Geksoral spray", "Ingalipt spray."
- "Hexetidine" ( "Stomatidin") - a weak antiseptic and analgesic antimicrobial activity.
- "Evkarom", "Ingafitol" - the collection for rinsing the mouth and inhaled, consist of eucalyptus leaves and chamomile flowers.
- "Kamistad" - dental gel with anesthetic and antiseptic effect, the structure includes chamomile and lidocaine.
Antivirals, antifungals, antihistamines are used depending on the causes of stomatitis, with herpetic stomatitis in adults, the treatment is the use of antiviral agents in ointments, tablets, in fungal origin stomatitis (thrush) Is used antifungal agents, antihistamines and should be applied in allergic stomatitis, and other types of oral mucosa lesions.
- Antihistamines - in tablet form "Fenistil", "Claritin", "Loratodin", "Tsetrin", "Suprastin", "Tavegil".
- Antifungal - "Mikozon", "Daktarin" gel "Miconazole", "Levorinum" nistatinovaya ointment.
- Antiviral - oxolinic, bonaftonovaya ointment, interferon, tebrofenovaya ointment "Zovirax", "Acyclovir", "Viru-Merz Serol".
Means that accelerate the healing of the epithelium:
- Oil of rose hips, sea buckthorn has a healing effect.
- Karotolin - oil solution intended for outdoor use with antioxidant action of vitamin A.
- Propolis Spray - an additional tool for the treatment of thrush in adults, which has a beneficial effect in the presence of a variety of skin lesions, herpes, ulcers.
- Balsam Shostakovskiy or "Vinylinum" - helps cleanse the wound and accelerates tissue regeneration and epithelialization, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- "Solkoseril" - dental paste, which improves tissue trophism and stimulates epithelial regeneration at stomatitis.
stomatitis treatment at home should perform prescribed by a doctor, who will take into account the causes of the disease, the general condition of the body. After the elimination of the causes he would appoint rinses, ointments, gels, multivitamin preparations.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Rinse mouth diluted with the same amount of water of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 2-3 times a day for one to two weeks.
- Blue iodine. Dilute blue iodine in 1: 1 ratio of warm water. Rinse your mouth with a glass of water 3 times a day. On the affected area for 5 minutes apply gauze bandage moistened blue with iodine. Treat this method stomatitis 3 times a day.
- Propolis tincture. Postprandial rinse the mouth with hot water, then hydrogen peroxide, to properly rinse sores. Some of them further dried with warm air using a hair dryer. Then lubricate the affected areas of the rehydrated alcoholic propolis tincture and again dried with hot air to form a film quickly.
- Oil of myrrh. According to tradition, the ancient Greek warriors are not sent in a campaign without paste resin myrrh. Thick oil prevents the spread of infection, treat various skin lesions, makes coughs and colds, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect against bacterial and viral defeats.
- Silver Water. Used to treat stomatitis in children and adults. Warm water and rinse your mouth several times a day. To prepare the silver water in water at room temperature for a day placed silver item.
- Honey. Brew 1s.l. green tea cup of boiling water into the teapot, to insist 45 minutes, drain. Melt in a water bath 1s.l. honey, add to the infusion of green tea. To rinse several times a day with warm infusion for the treatment of mouth sores.
- Blueberries. Boil 0.5 liters of boiling water 3-4s.l. blueberries and cook for 15 minutes over low heat with the lid, leave to cool. Rinse your mouth with broth stomatitis, irritation of mucous membranes.
- Get 1ch.l. fresh juice onions, 1ch.l. Kalanchoe juice, add the juice to the mix 3 tbsp water. Rinse your mouth several times a day.
prophylaxis of stomatitis
Stomatitis in adults is considered to be recurrent disease, that is, it tends to come back, relapse. In order to prevent repeated illness, you must adhere to the norms of prevention:
- timely treat caries;
- time to treat the gastrointestinal tract;
- wash hands before eating;
- timely remove tartar and plaque;
- to choose the toothpaste and rinsing solution for oral;
- to provide themselves and their families healthy eating, with a balanced combination of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, trace elements.
Stomatitis - not terrible, but very unpleasant oral disease. Its appearance can be effectively prevented. A timely treatment helps to quickly rid yourself of painful symptoms.