The substance Acyclovir is an analogue of the DNA component called purine nucleoside responsible for genetic information. The same structure allows acyclovir successfully interact with viral enzymes herpes simplex, interrupting their reproduction.
How to apply an ointment which she had indications and side effects, let's see.
Release form and composition of the drug
The medicament is discharged in the form of 5% ointment for external use in aluminum tubes volume 20 g. Tubes are packed in a cardboard box.
The main active ingredient is acyclovir ointment. Excipients - emulsifier №1, nipazol, nipagine, purified water, lipokomp "C". The ointment is a homogeneous substance white or white to yellowish white color, without any sharp or a specific smell.
Acyclovir by itself is not an active substance. Its activity against viruses acyclovir gains after falls in cells infected with the virus. In them, under the action of the viral thymidine kinase (enzyme), acyclovir is converted into a substance - atsiklovirtrifosfat, which is already active ingredient and inhibits the replication of the virus by embedding into viral DNA.
Acyclovir has a sufficiently low bioavailability when administered (about 20%). He is well throughout all tissues and organs. Acyclovir well cross the placenta and can accumulate in breast milk of lactating women. While the appointment of immunostimulants Acyclovir has been increasing effect.
Indications broad antiviral drug. Aciclovir prevents the formation of a new disease, reduces the likelihood of complications of herpes on the internal organs and spread of the virus in the skin, reduces pain in the acute phase of the disease, promotes the formation of crusts on the weeping areas herpes.
According to the instructions on the application of acyclovir ointment prescribed for the following pathologies:
- The defeat of the herpes virus of the mucous membranes of the genital tract and genitals (genital herpes).
- Herpetic skin eruptions.
- Varicella (chicken pox).
- Herpetic stomatitis.
Acyclovir Ointment should not be used in patients for treatment if they have the following symptoms or limitations:
- The presence of pus in the skin, or ulcers;
- Open wounds and bacterial infection of the skin lesions in places;
- Hypersensitivity of acyclovir or excipients included in the formulation;
- Children under 3 years of age;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
specific negative impacts have been identified with an overdose of the drug. Therefore, the amount applied ointment does not increase the number of side effects.
In view of the sensitivity of the individual displays are possible:
- peeling and dryness of the skin;
- burning the substrate;
- allergic dermatitis (more often on the additional components);
- redness and itching;
Instructions for use
How to take acyclovir ointment? To avoid complications and make the treatment as effective as possible and fast, we must adhere to the following instructions:
- Ointment applied in medical gloves or special fingertips avoid ingress ointment to healthy parts of the body;
- the minimum interval between re-application should be at least 4 hours. The maximum number should be no more than 5-6 times a day. For the elderly and patients with renal insufficiency, the figure is no more than 2-3 times for 24 hours;
- Treatment is continued until the drying herpetic eruption that usually occurs in the interval from 5 to 10 days after initiation of treatments. If the drug during this time did not give positive results it is necessary to consult a doctor;
- to avoid washing the ointment is not necessary to take a shower for 1.5-2 hours after application;
- it is only necessary to smear the affected area, and the amount of the drug should cover the entire painful area with a thin but dense layer.
We should also talk about the application of the 3% acyclovir ointment in diseases of the mucous membrane of eyes.
- drug use no more than 5 times a day for three days. Such a course of treatment more safe for the patient's eye.
- ointment usually applied by zakladaniya for the conjunctival sac.
- Do not wear contact lenses during an eye treatment.
- with herpes kerotite one Acyclovir may be insufficient, so often use additional means (Zoraks drops, for example), but only after consultation with the physician.
Acyclovir price: ointment and cream 5%
- Acyclovir ointment 5% (Vertex, Russia) 5 g - 15 rubles.
- Acyclovir ointment 5% (Ozon, Russia) 5 g - 20 rubles.
- Acyclovir cream Belupo (Croatia) 10 g - 70 rubles.
- Acyclovir cream hexane (Germany) 5 g - from 157 rubles.
- Zovirax cream (UK) 5 g - 200 rubles.
Having studied in the instructions for use of acyclovir ointment price of funds and other forms of its release, it is necessary to say a few words about analogues. For the tablet form the basic analogue of Zovirax considered the price of 520 rubles. Ointment - it Viroleks and Gerperaks, cream - Viroleks and Zovirax.
It is also worth mentioning that the name means "Acyclovir" produced by different companies, most of these drugs are different valuable. By means of a similar effect can be attributed gerpevir, Medovir, Valavir, Valtrex, Geviran.
Valacyclovir or acyclovir?
Valacyclovir - an antiviral agent developed later Acyclovir based on its composition. By the action of both these drugs are similar, but there are some differences. The purpose of the development of valacyclovir - improve the digestibility of the drug and accelerate antiherpetic action. The drug is added to a special enzyme that allows to achieve faster results.
Valacyclovir need to take less, its digestibility above, it is transferred as easily, and contraindications are the same. Available only in medicine tablets. Which drug to choose, decide, after consultation with the doctor. Maybe you need another form of an antiviral agent.
Leave from pharmacies without a prescription. Stored in a dry place, protected from light, reach of children at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life 3 years.