- Domestic and imported analogues of Oflomil varnish
- Video about the analogue of Oflomil
Oflomil is an effective drug, which is produced in the form of a transparent varnish with a slight yellowish tint. This medication belongs to the pharmacological group of fungicidal and antifungal agents for external use. The constituent components of this drug allow safe prevention and complex treatment of mycoses of the nail plates of the upper and lower extremities.
Oflomil is characterized by a wide spectrum of action, destroying the cell membrane of most strains of fungal microorganisms. This drug is manufactured by the Indian pharmaceutical company Glenmark Pharmaceuticals. Russian antifungal agents have similar properties, but they are cheaper.
Domestic and imported analogues of Oflomil varnish
Oflomil is an antimycotic agent in the form of a varnish, which is dispensed without a prescription from the attending physician, like most of its cheap counterparts. Fungicidal medicines of domestic production are more affordable. The price of imported analogs is approximately at the same level, or has insignificant differences.
Lotseril is an imported drug produced by the French pharmaceutical company Laboratories Halderma.
This medication has the following pharmacological similarities with Oflomil:
- both drugs have a pronounced fungicidal effect;
- the composition of these preparations contains the same active substance in the form of a chemical compound of amorolfine hydrochloride at a concentration of 50 mg per 1 ml of the finished medication;
- medicinal varnish Lotseril and Oflomil belong to the same pharmacological group of antifungal agents for external use;
- to achieve a positive therapeutic effect, these drugs are applied over the nail plate of a finger or toe, which have signs of a fungal infection;
- the medicines Lotseril and Oflomil are not used for symptomatic therapy, but are developed solely for the purpose of course treatment;
- these drugs are bottled in vials with a capacity of 2.5 or 5 ml, made of dark brown glass;
- complete with each package of antifungal agents Lotseril and Oflomil there are kits for self-processing nail plates in the form of tampons soaked in a solution of concentrated isopropyl alcohol (70%), and nail files;
- medicinal varnishes of these types have the same principle of applying to the diseased areas of the nail plates (first, the nails are cleaned with alcohol with tampons, with the help of a nail file, the dead areas of the plate are removed, and only then a thin layer of data is applied with a special scapula medicines);
- both drugs are in the form of a clear liquid with a yellowish tinge, which has a rich and specific odor;
- medicines Lotseril and Oflomil simultaneously destroy pathogens, and also slow down the pathological process of building new fungal colonies in the structure of the nail plates;
- medicinal varnishes of these types can be used not only for the complex treatment of nail mycoses of varying severity, but are also used for the purpose prevention of the development of fungal diseases (for example, after exposure to environmental conditions where spores of dermatophytes, yeast and mold fungi).
The drugs Lotseril and Oflomil have a minimum number of differences, which consist in the following characteristics:
- the medicinal varnish Lotseril is produced by a French pharmaceutical company, and the antifungal agent Oflomil is produced in India;
- the shelf life of Lotseril is 3 years, and the maximum shelf life of Oflomil does not exceed 2 years;
- antifungal agent Lotseril can be stored in temperature conditions not higher than +30 degrees Celsius, and for preservation of the pharmacological properties of the drug Oflomil, the air temperature in the room should not exceed +25 degrees Celsius.
For the rest of the external and pharmacological characteristics, the medicines Lotseril and Oflomil are practically indistinguishable. In case of therapeutic necessity, these drugs can replace each other.
Exorolfinlac is an effective external antifungal agent that is used for restorative therapy of nail plates. This medication is the German analogue of the medicinal varnish Oflomil.
These drugs share the following similarities:
- both medicines are a clear yellowish liquid without signs of mineral or biological impurities, or precipitation;
- Exorolfinlac and Oflomil contain the same main component in the form of amorolfine hydrochloride with a dosage of 40 mg;
- the filling of these medicines is carried out in glass bottles with a capacity of 2.5 and 5 ml, which have a rich brown tint;
- antifungal agents Exorolfinlac and Oflomil have the same form of release in the form medicinal varnish, which, during its application, is evenly distributed over the entire plane nail plate;
- these medicines have identical pharmacodynamics in terms of the destructive effect of their active substance on the cell membrane of fungal microorganisms;
- medicinal varnishes Exorolfinlac and Oflomil are equally effective in the treatment of mycoses caused by dermatophytes, mold and yeast;
- preparations of these types can be used not only for therapeutic purposes, but also for the prevention of infection with a fungal infection (for example, after visiting a public shower, swimming pool, bath);
- antifungal agents Exorolfinlac and Oflomil have the same fungicidal and fungistatic properties;
- dosed use of these medicines with their external application to the surface of the nail plate practically does not cause systemic absorption of amorolfine into the general bloodstream, which minimizes the risk of developing allergic reactions and acute side effects effects;
- Included with each package of Exorolfinlac and Oflomil preparations are disposable files for the care of diseased nail plates, as well as alcohol-based hygiene products, which pre-clean the nails before they are treated with an antifungal varnish;
- during the contact of the active substance of these medicines with fungi, a violation of the biological synthesis of sterols occurs in the structure of the cell membrane of infectious microorganisms;
- the maximum therapeutic efficacy of Exorolfinlac and Oflomil is realized if no more than 2/3 of the nail was affected by mycosis (in in more severe cases, in combination with medications, a method of surgical treatment is used with the removal of an infected and severely destroyed plates);
- both drugs have a prolonged effect, since after the first application with the medicinal varnish Exorolfinlac and Oflomil accumulates their active substances with the further preservation of the antifungal effect for 1 weeks.
Oflomil - varnish (analogues can be purchased cheaper at most city pharmacies), which has not only similarities with the drug Exorolfinlac, but is also characterized by the presence of the following distinctive features:
- Exorolfinlac medicinal varnish is produced by the German pharmaceutical company Paul V. Bayvers, Hamburg;
- the manufacturer of the antifungal agent Exorolfinlac indicates that this drug is contraindicated for use only in for newborns and early childhood patients, and Oflomil is prohibited for use in children under 18 years old;
- in the packaging set of Oflomil varnish there are sterile tampons soaked in alcohol of 70% concentration, and in the drug Exorolfinlac this component is replaced with antiseptic wipes;
- The dosage regimen and the timing of therapy with Exorolfinlac are determined individually by a dermatologist, and the antifungal agent Oflomil is applied 1 to 2 times a week.
In the absence of a therapeutic effect from the use of medicines Exorolfinlac and Oflomil, it is necessary consult a dermatologist for an additional examination, as well as the selection of other schemes treatment.
Oflomil - varnish (analogues are cheaper, these are mainly Russian-made drugs), which has a substitute drug in the form of the antifungal drug Onihelp.
These drugs are characterized by the following pharmacological similarities:
- have a complex fungicidal and fungistatic effect on fungal colonies parasitizing in the structure of the nail plates of the upper and lower extremities;
- the composition of these medicines contains the same active substance in the form of amorolfine hydrochloride at a concentration of 50 mg per 1 ml of finished varnish;
- Onihelp and Oflomil preparations are created for the prevention and treatment of mycoses, the causative agents of which are spores of certain types of mold, yeast, and dermatophytes;
- antifungal agents of these types violate the integrity of the cell membrane of pathogenic microorganisms, causing their gradual death;
- medicinal varnishes Onihelp and Oflomil eliminate the symptoms of a local inflammatory process caused by a fungal infection;
- both medicines are equally effective during the treatment of acute and chronic mycoses of the nail plates, the causative agents of which are fungi from the Candida family;
- during treatment with these drugs, it is prohibited to use cosmetic varnish or apply false nails, since this will lead to a lack of therapeutic effect, and can also cause an exacerbation of mycotic diseases;
- antifungal varnishes Onihelp and Oflomil are created exclusively for external use in the field of localization of the infectious process;
- the constituent components of these drugs do not show pharmacological properties of active absorption into the general blood flow;
- both medicines are used for the complex treatment of nail mycoses and the timely prevention of fungal diseases;
- the use of drugs Onihelp and Oflomil is equally contraindicated in women who are pregnant and are also breastfeeding a newborn baby.
Oflomil - varnish (analogues are cheaper - these are mainly medicines produced at domestic pharmaceutical enterprises), which has the following differences with the antimycotic drug Onihelp:
- the drug Oflomil is contraindicated for use in children of all ages categories, and Onyhelp varnish is prohibited for use only for the treatment of newborns and patients younger 3 years old;
- the drug Onihelp does not have a clearly defined dosage regimen, and the antifungal agent Oflomil is applied to diseased area of the nail plate 1 time in 7-10 days during a continuous therapeutic course from 3 to 6 month depending on the severity of the disease and the strain of the fungal infection;
- Onyhelp varnish is produced by the Irish pharmaceutical company Chenelle Medical, and Oflomil is produced by the Indian company Glenmark Pharmaceuticals.
Both drugs are used only after a preliminary examination of the nail plate with signs of an infectious lesion, as well as the isolation of a strain of a fungal microorganism.
Oflomil - varnish (analogs are cheaper - these are also drugs that are produced in neighboring countries), which has the following similarities with the antifungal agent Amorolfin:
- these medicines contain in their composition an identical active substance in the form of amorolfine hydrochloride at a concentration of 50 mg per 1 ml of antifungal agent;
- the filling of Oflomil and Amorolfin is carried out in glass bottles of dark brown color, and the main packaging of these preparations is a box made of thick cardboard;
- the preparations Oflomil and Amorolfin have the same fungicidal and fungistatic properties, suspending further progression of fungal infection with simultaneous destruction of the cell membrane of pathogenic microorganisms;
- both medicines are designed for long-term use during a continuous therapeutic course (in Otherwise, the active ingredient of antifungal agents will not show the entire spectrum of pharmacological properties);
- the active substance of Amorolfine and Oflomil is not absorbed into the deep tissues of the upper and lower extremities, and also does not saturate the general blood flow;
- these drugs have identical pharmacodynamics in terms of the destructive effect on the fungus (cause the accumulation of steric styrenes in the cellular structure of infectious microorganisms);
- antimycotic agents are equally effective against dermatophytes, dimorphic, mold, and yeast;
- both medicines can be used for the prevention and treatment of already acquired diseases of the nail plates, which are caused by fungi of the Vangiella strain, Histoplasma, Cladosporium, Alternaria;
- the first 24 hours after applying the medicinal varnish Amorolfin and Oflomil, they are absorbed the active ingredient directly into the diseased plate, as well as into the epithelial tissue nail bed;
- antimycotic varnishes of these types are easily and equally quickly washed off with chemical solvents, therefore, when working with such substances, it is shown to use rubber gloves;
- these drugs are characterized by identical periods of prolonged action, which range from 7 to 10 days (in during this period of time, the active substance of the antimycotic agents continues to destroy the fungal microorganisms);
- the dosage regimen and the duration of treatment with medicinal varnishes Amorolfin and Oflomil depends on the severity of the fungal disease, but on average these medications are used from 3 to 6 months.
- both medicines are equally contraindicated in patients of all age groups who have been diagnosed with individual intolerance to amorolfine hydrochloride;
- antifungal agents of these types are not used to treat women who are pregnant, as well as lactating a newborn baby by breastfeeding;
- the therapeutic efficacy of the drugs Amorolfin and Oflomil sharply decreases if during the period of treatment the patient simultaneously uses cosmetic varnishes;
- these medicines have the same method of applying to the surface of the diseased nail plate (carried out by applying varnish to damaged tissues with a frequency of therapeutic treatment from 1 to 2 once a week);
- antimycotic agents Amorolfin and Oflomil have an identical list of side properties that are manifested by local allergic reactions;
- medicinal varnishes of these types are used only in cases where the fungal infection has destroyed no more than 65% of the nail plate;
- both medications require equally long-term use for the treatment of chronic mycoses of toenails (the duration of antifungal therapy can reach from 9 to 12 months).
The drugs Amorolfin and Oflomil have not only similarities, but also a number of minor differences.
They consist in the following characteristics:
- complete with the drug Oflomil are sterile tampons for preliminary cleaning of the nail plates and a spatula, with with the help of which varnish is applied to the diseased tissue area (in the package with the medicine Amorolfin, a similar configuration missing);
- the antifungal drug Amorolfin is contraindicated for use in newborns, as well as in patients during early childhood, and the drug Oflomil is not used at all for the treatment of patients under 18 years of age (these restrictions are due to the lack of clinical data on the effects of varnish on the body child);
- the medicines Oflomil and Amorolfin are of different manufacturers (the last resort is domestic analogue, and its production is handled by the Russian enterprise LLC "Tulskaya pharmaceutical factory ").
The advantage of the drug Amorolfine is considered to be a more affordable cost. Most of the pharmacological properties of these medicines are almost identical. These antifungal agents can be called interchangeable.
The average cost of the drug Oflomil Lac is from 432 to 815 rubles. for a bottle with a capacity of 2.5 ml with an active substance concentration of 5%. The table below shows the prices for domestic and imported analogues of this medication.
|Drug name||Price range|
|Lotseril||From 751 to 976 rub. for 1 bottle of 2.5 ml with an active ingredient concentration of 5%.|
|Exorolfinlac||from 756 to 897 rubles. for 1 bottle of 2.5 ml with a mass fraction of the main substance of 5%|
|Onyhelp||From 400 to 876 rubles. for 1 bottle of 2.5 ml with a concentration of 5% amorolfine hydrochloride.|
|Amorolfine||Within 1150 rubles. for 1 bottle of 5 ml with a mass fraction of the main substance of 5%.|
Oflomil varnish is a fungicidal agent for the prevention and complex treatment of fungal diseases of the nail plates. This medication is produced by an Indian pharmaceutical company. Most city pharmacies sell cheaper domestic analogues of this drug.
The therapeutic effect of the use of Oflomil varnish occurs only if the antifungal agent is used throughout the continuous course of treatment. Before applying this medication, the affected fragments of the nail plates are carefully removed with a special file. Prescription of the medication Oflomil Lac should be carried out only by a dermatologist after a preliminary examination.
Video about the analogue of Oflomil