- Release form
- Chemical composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- At what age can the drug be used?
- Instructions for use, dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- List of analogues
- Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- The price of the drug and analogues
- Allergy medication video
Desal is an antihistamine drug from the third generation, which is produced in the form of tablets (manufacturer Iceland) and syrup (manufacturer Bulgaria). Both types of release are highly effective (quickly and permanently eliminate symptoms). Due to the convenience of dosing and use, the latest form of release is recommended to combat allergies in children.
Desal, oral syrup, is a clear and colorless liquid with a sweet taste and delicate fruity aroma. The solution is placed in darkened vials with a volume of 50 to 300 ml.
In order to protect the container from accidental opening, the bottle is equipped with a special lid, which is unscrewed only after pressing it. To dispense the syrup, a measuring spoon (2.5 and 5 ml capacity) or a special syringe (5 ml capacity) is placed in the box (together with the bottle and instructions).
Desal is a syrup for children that eliminates allergy symptoms or prevents their appearance due to the composition:
|List of components||Component Description|
|The main component|
|Deslortadin||The element blocks the sensitivity of the receptors that are responsible for the development of allergies and at the same time it does not cause the development of drowsiness.|
|Sucralose||The substance is a sweetener that does not cause an increase in blood sugar levels.|
|Hypromelose||The component imparts viscosity to the syrup.|
|Propylene glycol||The component is used as a solvent, it also contributes to the preservation of a given dosage form by the syrup and has poorly expressed disinfecting properties.|
|Sorbitol||The element is a sweetener and does not cause an increase in blood glucose. It also activates the formation and excretion of bile, and has a laxative effect. As a result, harmful substances are removed from the body faster.|
|Disodium edetat||The component is used as a preservative, and also helps to combine all the elements used.|
|Citric acid monohydrate||The component normalizes metabolic processes and the digestion process, strengthens the immune system, helps to reduce the value of glucose in blood, in addition, strengthens blood vessels, restores blood composition, and has an anti-inflammatory and disinfecting effect.|
|Sodium Citrate Dihydrate||The element restores acid-base balance and prevents the development of thrombosis, as it suppresses blood coagulation.|
|Flavoring "Tutti-Frutti"||The substance gives the syrup a pleasant fruity aroma.|
Moreover, 1 ml of syrup contains 0.5 mg of the main component.
Desal syrup belongs to the third generation antihistamine group of drugs.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The active and auxiliary elements of Desal syrup have the following actions:
- block the sensitivity of receptors responsible for the development of an allergic reaction;
- prevent the onset of the development of inflammation or eliminate an already existing process;
- do not allow swelling to develop in the tissues;
- eliminate spasms in smooth muscles;
- reduce the permeability of the capillary walls;
- prevent the production of exudate (fluid formed in tissues during inflammation);
- eliminate itching;
- do not contribute to a jump in blood glucose, on the contrary, it helps to normalize the indicator;
- activate the production and output of bile;
- promote the activation of the excretion of feces, as a result, the body is freed from histamine and harmful substances faster;
- participate in the normalization of metabolic processes;
- contribute to the restoration of the protective functions of the body and the composition of the blood;
- prevent the development of thrombosis;
- have a weakly expressed disinfecting effect.
At the same time, the medication does not cause the development of drowsiness and does not have a pronounced aggressive effect on the organs of the digestive tract.
The medicinal properties of the drug appear 30 minutes after its use, but the maximum effect of the drug is recorded approximately 3 hours after taking the drug. The therapeutic effect of the drug can last up to 24 hours. The drug is excreted from the body with urine and feces.
Indications for use
Desal is a syrup for children, which is prescribed by pediatricians and allergists if a child has the following allergy symptoms:
- skin rashes with varying degrees of manifestation (small spots or watery blisters);
- severe peeling of the skin;
- itching with varying degrees of intensity (on the skin, in the nose);
- runny nose with profuse nasal discharge;
- nasal congestion as a result of swelling of the mucous membranes (without nasal discharge);
- severe lacrimation;
- redness of the mucous eyes;
- development of conjunctivitis;
- frequent sneezing;
- dry cough;
- an allergic reaction to an insect bite;
- redness or swelling of the skin. Also, swelling can be of internal organs, and can be manifested by pain. If the digestive tract is affected, then vomiting or diarrhea is possible;
- breathing disorder due to swelling of the upper or lower respiratory organs;
- anaphylactic shock or Quincke's edema.
Before prescribing a syrup, you must make sure that the symptoms that have arisen are allergic and not infectious.
Before using Desal syrup in a child, the following prohibitions must be excluded:
- high sensitivity to the composition, as well as allergy to the components of the syrup;
- violation of the activity of the kidneys, gallbladder or liver in severe form;
- severe diarrhea (Desal will exacerbate the pathology) or vomiting (the drug will not have time to be absorbed, since it will come out with vomit);
- the presence of internal bleeding, the drug, due to blood-thinning properties, will increase the severity of bleeding.
The medication is prescribed with caution for the following pathologies:
- renal failure in mild to moderate severity;
- pronounced violation of the state of vascular tissues;
- a tendency to develop bleeding;
- disruption of the gallbladder in mild to moderate form;
- the presence of stones in the gallbladder;
- liver failure in mild to moderate severity.
Under conditional restrictions, the dosage of the syrup is set individually by the pediatrician.
At what age can the drug be used?
Desal in a dosage form in the form of a syrup is allowed to be used to eliminate signs of allergies in children who have reached 1 year of age. At an earlier age, the use of the drug is dangerous due to the development of side effects.
Instructions for use, dosage
Desal syrup is taken orally, while the use of the medication is not associated with food intake. Depending on the age of the patient, as well as the severity of the severity of the allergic symptom, the dosage of the medication for children is selected.
Features of dosing syrup according to the above criteria:
|List of symptoms and the form of their severity||Child's age (years)||Single dosage and frequency of administration||Course and notes|
|Runny nose in any form of severity of manifestation||1-6||At 24 hours, 1-1.5 ml of syrup should be taken. Divide the dose into 2-3 doses.||The duration of admission depends on the type of rhinitis: seasonal or year-round. Long-term use of the product is allowed. The course is individual and is prescribed by a doctor.|
|6-12||Up to 3 ml of Desal is consumed per day. Divide into 3 steps.|
|Over 12||Use up to 6 ml of syrup per day. Consume 3 divided doses.|
|Nasal congestion without rhinitis||1-6||At 24 hours, take up to 1 ml of syrup. Divide the dose into 2 doses.||The duration of therapy is determined by the type of allergy. Complex therapy with anti-inflammatory drugs (selected by a doctor) can be prescribed.|
|6-12||Up to 2.5 ml of the drug are consumed per day. Divide the portion into 2 doses.|
|Over 12||Use up to 5 ml of the drug per day. Divide the dose into 2 doses.|
|Sneezing or dry cough||1-6||At 24 hours, 0.5-1.5 ml of syrup is taken. The dose is divided into 1-3 doses.||The course is individual. If the cough is severe, throat tissue may be irritated. Therefore, combination therapy may be required. The type of drugs is selected by the doctor.|
|6-12||Use from 1 to 30 ml of Desal per day. Divide the portion into 1-3 doses.|
|Over 12||They consume 2.5-5 ml of the drug per day. Divide the dose into 2-3 doses.|
|Small skin rashes||1-6||At 24 hours, 1 ml of the medication is taken. Divide into 2 steps.||If the rash is accompanied by increased dryness of the skin, then moisturizers may also be prescribed, which are selected by a doctor.|
|6-12||Use 2.5 ml of the drug per day. Divide into 2 steps.|
|Over 12||5 ml of Desal is consumed per day. Divide into 2 steps.|
|Watery blisters on the skin||1-6||At 24 hours take up to 2.5 ml of syrup. Divide the dose into 2 doses.||The course of using the syrup can be long. At the same time, it is recommended to use creams that accelerate the process of skin regeneration.|
|6-12||5 ml of the drug is prescribed per day. Divide into 2 steps.|
|Over 12||Use 10 ml of Desal per day. Divide into 2 steps.|
|Itching of the skin or mucous membranes||1-6||At 24 hours, take 1.5-2.5 ml of medication. Divide the dose into 3 doses.||Desal can be used for a long time. If the itching is severe, antipruritic creams and external agents are used to accelerate the regeneration process.|
|6-12||3-5 ml of Desal is used per day. Divide into 3 steps.|
|Over 12||5-10 ml of the drug are consumed per day. Divide into 3 steps.|
|Conjunctivitis||1-6||At 24 hours, take 2.5 ml of the drug. Divide the dose into 2 doses.||The course is not less than 7 days. In case of severe irritation of the eye tissues, it is recommended to use disinfecting ophthalmic drops.|
|6-12||Use 5 ml of syrup per day. Divide into 2 steps.|
|Over 12||Up to 10 ml of Desal is prescribed per day. Divide into 2 steps.|
|Redness of the eyes and watery eyes||1-6||At 24 hours, up to 1.5 ml of medication is used. Divide the dose into 3 doses.||The syrup can be taken for a long time. Moreover, if lacrimation or redness is severe, then it is necessary to use ophthalmic soothing drops.|
|6-12||Take up to 3 ml of the drug per day. Divide by 3 prims.|
|Over 12||Up to 7 ml of the drug is prescribed per day. Divide into 3 steps.|
|A bite of an insect||1-6||Initially, take 2.5 ml of syrup. Further, it is enough to consume 1.5 ml of the drug once a day in 24 hours.||The sooner the syrup is taken after the bite, the less likely it is to develop serious allergy symptoms. If symptoms have already appeared and in severe form, then injections with other antihistamines may be needed.|
|6-12||The first dosage is 5 ml of medication. Further, 2.5 ml once a day.|
|Over 12||The first dose is 8-10 ml of Desal. Further, 5-7 ml once a day.|
|Breathing disorder, asthma||1-6||At 24 hours, take 2.5 liters. the dose is divided into 2-3 doses.||Use the drug for a long time. If the signs of asthma are pronounced, then anti-asthma medications may be required.|
|6-12||5 ml of syrup is prescribed per day. Divide into 2-3 doses.|
|Over 12||Use 8-10 ml of Desal per day. Divide into 2-3 doses.|
|Anaphylactic shock or Quincke's edema||1-6||One-time use 2.5 ml of syrup. Further, the dosage is selected individually.||Desal syrup is allowed to be used only if the shock or swelling is not very pronounced and the child is able to swallow the medication himself. Otherwise, antihistamines are required for injections. Selected by a doctor.|
|6-12||Take 5 ml of Desal once. Then the dose is changed according to the patient's condition.|
|Over 12||Use 10 ml of the drug one time. On the next day, the course of treatment is set individually.|
The dosage given in the table is not accurate, since it is necessary to take into account not only age parameters and the severity of allergies, but also the presence of chronic pathologies in the child.
The main element used in Desal syrup, as well as auxiliary components, can cause a child (when using the drug) development of the following negative reaction:
- exacerbation of signs of allergy, if the patient is allergic to the composition;
- the appearance of headaches;
- increased dry mouth;
- weakness and fatigue;
- the development of insomnia;
- the appearance of hallucinations;
- the development of hyperactivity;
- the appearance of drowsiness is extremely rare;
- an increase in the number of heart contractions;
- more frequent bowel movements;
- muscle pain both at rest and after stress on them;
- disruption of the liver and the condition of the tissues of the organ;
- indigestion accompanied by pain;
- an increase in body temperature;
- nausea. At high dosages, vomiting is possible.
Not all signs of an adverse reaction are the reason for discontinuation of the drug, in some cases (nausea, headaches, diarrhea), an adjustment of the dosage and frequency of administration may be required.
Desal is a syrup for children, which can cause symptoms of poisoning if taken once by a child more than 25 ml (if the child is under 6 years old), 50 ml (if the child is from 6 to 12 years old) or 90 ml (if the child is over 12 years old) syrup.
An overdose of medication may be accompanied by symptoms:
- the development of drowsiness;
- Quincke's edema or anaphylactic shock, if allergy to the composition is not excluded;
- severe headaches;
- complete lack of strength;
- lack of sleep;
- hallucinations, falling out of reality;
- severe abdominal pain accompanied by vomiting;
- severe hyperactivity, irritation and aggression;
- fast heartbeat;
- a sharp rise in temperature;
- bright signs of abnormalities in the work of the liver, gallbladder and kidneys;
- movement of stones (if any) in the gallbladder. It manifests itself in severe pain;
- severe muscle pain.
To restore the state, it is necessary to give the child sorbents (if the time after the poisoning has passed no more than 30 minutes, then gastric lavage is effective). The use of hardware purification of blood from medication is not effective.
When using Desal syrup, you need to consider the following features:
- the drug will not eliminate cough, runny nose and will not restore breathing if the cause of the pathologies is an infection;
- syrup is not given to children under 1 year old, since there are no tests on the safety of the medication;
- the bottle must be closed until it clicks, then the child will not be able to open it. The cap will scroll;
- in children, the withdrawal of the active substance from the body is slower. This nuance should be taken into account when choosing a dosage and frequency of procedures.
In the presence of chronic diseases, the syrup must be taken strictly according to the individual dosage.
Desal syrup does not interact with other drugs. Therefore, it can be used in complex treatment, with the exception of sorbents that neutralize the effect of the active substance.
List of analogues
Desal is a syrup for children, which may need to be replaced with an analogue if the drug is not on sale or the child has developed an allergy to the drug. In extremely rare cases, replacement is made due to the development of side reactions.
A short list of the demanded analogs of Desal syrup:
|List of analogues and their price||Age restrictions and conditions of sale||The active substance and action of the medication||Features instructions|
|Erius. 60 ml for 650 rubles.||Sale is free. Can be used from 6 months.||Deslortadin. The action of the drug is identical to the original. An improvement in well-being occurs after 30 minutes and lasts up to 24 hours.||The dosage, indications, contraindications, and side effects are similar to those of Desal.|
|Claridol. 100 ml 130 rbl.||Sale is free. Can be prescribed from 2 years of age.||Loratadin. The drug has a similar effect. The effect occurs within 1 hour and can last up to 20 hours.||Indications, dosage, prohibitions, as well as a negative reaction are close to the original.|
|Claritin. 60 ml. 140 RUB||Sale is free. Appointed from 2 years old.||Loratadin. The medication has an effect similar to the original. An improvement in the condition occurs within an hour and lasts a day.||Allergy is an indication, contraindication and side effect to this analogue.|
|Loratadin. 100 ml RUB 200||Vacation is free. They have been used since 2 years.||Loratadin. The action of the analogue is identical to Desalu. The effect occurs within 1 hour and lasts up to a day.||Indications, dosage, prohibitions, and side effects are similar.|
|Zodak. 20 ml. RUB 200||Sale is free. Appointed from 6 months.||Cetirizine dihydrochloride. The drug has a similar therapeutic effect. An improvement in well-being is recorded within 30 minutes and lasts up to 24 hours.||In addition to similar main points of effects, the drug has a large list of recommendations.|
Only a doctor should replace the antihistamine, especially in childhood. It is forbidden to select an analogue yourself.
Terms, conditions of sale and storage
Desal syrup is a commercially available drug. You need to store the drug at home in a dark place, the temperature should be from 4 to 25 degrees. Additionally, children should not have access to medication. The syrup has a shelf life of up to 3 years.
The price of the drug and analogues
Desal syrup can be purchased in bottles ranging from 50 to 300 ml. But the most demanded amount of medication is 100 ml. The estimated cost for a 100 ml bottle of syrup is from 330 to 420 rubles. It should be borne in mind that the more the amount of funds in the bottle, the more favorable the price.
Desal syrup is in demand in pediatrics, as it quickly, and for about a day, eliminates allergy symptoms. At the same time, the likelihood of developing adverse reactions (during the course of the course) is small. An even greater advantage of the medication is the permission for its use for the treatment of children from one year old.
Author: Kotlyachkova Svetlana
Allergy medication video
New generation allergy pills: