- Action of Lisinopril
- Action of Amlodipine
- Compatibility and interaction of active substances
- How does the combination of Amlodipine and Lisinopril affect the body when taken together
- Indications for taking the combined drug
- Available dosage forms
- Dosage regimen
- Side effects and overdose
- special instructions
- Drug names and prices
- Video about the drug Amlodipine with Lisinopril
Amlodipine and Lisinopril are active chemicals, which are often used together to achieve a more pronounced therapeutic effect.
Action of Lisinopril
Due to the suppression of angiotensin by the substance, the production of aldosterone decreases. This leads to an increase in the synthesis of prostaglandins, which in turn causes a decrease in blood pressure and increases the resistance of the heart muscle to stress (especially in patients with chronic cardiac insufficiency). The component reduces hypertrophic changes in the heart muscle and arterial walls. The substance helps to prolong life in patients who have had a heart attack.
The effect of the ingredient begins 1 hour after its intake and lasts throughout the day. A stable effect is observed after 1-2 months of therapy. The component does not lead to a decrease in blood sugar levels and can be used in patients with diabetes mellitus.
Action of Amlodipine
The action of the substance is aimed at expanding the arteries and arterioles, which leads to a decrease in the severity of ischemic disorders, an increase in the general resistance of blood vessels and a decrease in the load on the heart. At the same time, the oxygen demand of the heart muscle decreases.
The active ingredient prevents the development of arterial spasms, increases the resistance of the myocardium to physical exertion and reduces the risk of ischemia and angina pectoris.
The hypotensive effect of the component is due to its effect on smooth muscles located in the vessels. The effect of the use of the substance lasts for a day after its use.
The substance does not adversely affect the work of the heart muscle, metabolic processes and does not cause changes in lipid levels. It can be prescribed to patients with diabetes mellitus, bronchial asthma, and gout.
Compatibility and interaction of active substances
Amlodipine and Lisinopril can be used together without causing negative interactions. Their combined use leads to a more pronounced therapeutic effect and reduces the risk of adverse reactions.
Interaction of active substances with other agents:
- Thiazide diuretics, alpha or beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors - does not interact, can be used together. However, some of their remedies may increase the effect of the primary medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) - does not interact.
- Slow calcium channel blockers - concurrent use is not recommended.
- Inducers and inhibitors of the CYP3A4 isoenzyme - care must be taken, since such a combination can lead to an increase in the content of the main drug.
- Antibacterial hypoglycemic drugs (oral forms) - simultaneous use is possible.
- Simvastatin - an increase in its level in the blood is possible. A dosage adjustment of this agent is required.
- Antiviral drugs, antipsychotics, isoflurane, baclofen - lead to an increase in the main drug in the blood.
- Calcium preparations - contribute to a decrease in effectiveness.
- Lithium preparations - an increase in their toxic effect is possible.
- Grapefruit juice - may cause enhanced action of the main remedy.
- Cyclosporine - in rare situations, an increase in the content of the drug in the blood has been noted. Monitoring is recommended.
- Diltiazem - negative reactions may occur in the elderly.
- GCS and tetracosactide - reducing the effect of the main medication.
- Tricyclic antidepressants and medications for general pain relief - can increase the effect of the main drug.
How does the combination of Amlodipine and Lisinopril affect the body when taken together
Amlodipine and Lisinopril should be taken together only with the permission of the attending physician. The combined use of both drugs allows you to achieve a lasting result and restore blood pressure levels. Moreover, each of the substances prevents the development of a negative manifestation caused by one of the components.
Thus, CCBs can dilate arterioles and cause sodium and fluid retention in the body. They can affect the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. ACE inhibitors can block the occurrence of these reactions.
Indications for taking the combined drug
The drug is intended for the treatment of essential hypertension. It is prescribed for combined treatment.
The drug has a wide range of restrictions on its use.
- intolerance to the components;
- angioedema, including reactions caused by taking ACE inhibitors;
- shock conditions;
- unstable course of angina pectoris;
- low blood pressure;
- obstructive disorders in the left ventricle;
- narrowing of the lumen in the mitral valve;
- heart failure due to a previous myocardial infarction;
- functional kidney disorders (moderate or severe);
- carrying a child;
- lactation period;
- age under 18.
In the presence of these disorders, a different therapy should be selected.
Available dosage forms
The drug based on 2 active ingredients is produced in various dosage forms. Thus, the medication is produced in the form of tablets or capsules for internal use.
The medicine is intended for systemic use. Take pills with or without food. Dosages: 1 pc. Once a day. It is recommended to take the medicine at the same time. The duration of the course is individual, according to the testimony of a specialist.
Side effects and overdose
Amlodipine and Lisinopril can cause various manifestations. At the same time, each has its own reactions. The frequency of their development does not depend on whether the drugs are taken together or separately.
Side effects (for amlodipine):
- Hematopoietic system: lack of platelets.
- Immune system: hypersensitivity.
- Metabolic processes: an increase in blood sugar levels.
- Mental disorders: sleep disorders, mood swings, anxiety, depression, anxiety disorder, apathy, agitation can also occur.
- Nervous system: drowsiness, migraines, episodes of dizziness, fainting. Less commonly, hyper- or paresthesias, changes in taste perception, tremors, short-term memory loss, ataxic disturbances may occur. in extremely rare cases, the development of a distortion of the perception of odors and extrapyramidal disorders is noted.
- Visual function: visual disturbances, pain, conjunctivitis, dryness of the cornea and conjunctiva of the eye.
- Hearing disorders: tinnitus.
- Disturbances from the heart and blood vessels: lowering blood pressure, vasculitis, a sense of one's own heartbeat, various forms of arrhythmias, myocardial infarction. In patients with CHF, the course of the pathology may be aggravated.
- Respiratory organs: runny nose, cough, nosebleeds.
- Digestive organs: dyspeptic disorders, soreness in the abdomen, vomiting, dryness of the mucous membranes of the mouth, increased appetite, thirst, hyperplasic changes in the gums. The development of gastritis, pancreatitis is also observed.
- Liver and biliary system: hepatitis, jaundice, cholestatic syndrome.
- Skin: rashes, itching, urticaria, excessive dryness, dermatitis, erythema. In some cases, angioedema, hyperhidrosis, hair loss (focal), cold sweat, discoloration of the skin may develop.
- Skeleton and muscle tissue: convulsive conditions, pain in muscles, joints or back, arthrosis. In more rare cases, myasthenic syndrome may develop.
- Kidneys and urinary system: impaired urination (increased frequency and volume), increased need for nighttime urination.
- Reproductive system and mammary glands: erectile dysfunction, female breast augmentation.
- Other reactions: swelling, fatigue, weight gain or decrease, pain, general malaise, an increase in the activity of liver enzymes.
Side effects (for lisinopril):
- Hematopoietic system: anemic conditions, circulatory disorders in the brain, a decrease in the level of leukocytes, neutrophils and platelets. There is also an increase in the concentration of eosinophils and an increase in the size of the lymph nodes.
- Immune system: vasculitis, increased antibody levels.
- Metabolic reactions: lowering blood sugar.
- Mind: insomnia, mental disorders, emotional lability.
- Nervous system: migraines, attacks of dizziness, muscle cramps, impaired taste. Less commonly, paresthesias and confusion may occur.
- Cardiovascular system: AV block, various types of arrhythmias, heart attack, soreness in the chest, aggravated course of heart failure. There may also be a drop in blood pressure, a circulatory disorder in the brain, or the development of Raynaud's syndrome.
- Respiratory organs: attacks of shortness of breath, runny nose, cough, sinusitis, development of spasms in the bronchi. In some cases, there may be an accumulation of eosinophils in the pulmonary alveoli.
- Digestive tract: dyspeptic and digestive disorders, excessive dryness in the mouth. In extremely rare situations, pancreatitis and angioedema in the intestinal region may develop.
- Liver and bile ducts: liver failure, hepatitis, jaundice (cholestatic form of the disease).
- Skin: various allergic manifestations, swelling (including mucous membranes), rashes, itching, increased sensitivity to light. The development of psoriasis, erythema, hyperhidrosis, necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome is also noted.
- Muscle and connective tissue: joint and muscle pain, arthritis.
- Other reactions: fatigue, asthenic syndrome, lack of body weight, increased blood sugar, increased activity of liver enzymes, decreased hemoglobin, red blood cells and sodium. An increase in the bilirubin content may also occur.
With the development of these disorders, further therapy should be discontinued and a doctor should be consulted.
- lowering blood pressure;
- anxious states;
- dry mouth;
- increased sleepiness;
- retention of urine;
With the development of these signs, gastric lavage is performed and sorbents are prescribed. Blood pressure is also monitored, vasopressors are administered, and heart function is maintained.
Additionally, various medications may be prescribed depending on the symptoms.
In some cases, hemodialysis is indicated (depending on the substance).
Amlodipine and Lisinopril together should be used only under the supervision of a physician, tracking the dynamics of treatment and the patient's condition. When using the first therapeutic doses, it is necessary to monitor the patient's well-being.
With extreme caution, the drug is used for mitral stenosis or for obstructive disorders occurring in the left ventricle. Patients with functional impairment of the kidneys require dosage adjustment and constant monitoring.
With the development of angioneurotic reactions, it is necessary to cancel the drug and prescribe antihistamines. Angioneurotic edema in the intestinal region resolved on its own after discontinuation of the drug. Patients with the development of anaphylactic shock require therapy with other drugs.
To relieve life-threatening anaphylactic conditions, drug withdrawal is required before each apheresis procedure or desensitization. With the development of any manifestations from the liver, therapy should be discontinued and the patient should be monitored continuously.
The drug is used with extreme caution for liver dysfunctions. While taking the tablets, constant monitoring of the level of leukocytes and platelets is required. When using the medicine, a cough may occur, which goes away on its own after the drug is discontinued.
Elderly patients with renal dysfunction require dosage adjustments. When taking medication, constant monitoring of the potassium content in the blood and the patient's weight is required. In isolated cases, the drug can affect IVF. At the beginning of treatment, you should stop driving.
Drug names and prices
There are many different preparations made with 2 active ingredients.
|Lisinopril plus||RUB 180-320|
Before using Amlodipine and Lisinopril, you should consult your doctor and read the instructions for their use. Additionally, it is recommended to study the reviews of patients who took these funds together.
Video about the drug Amlodipine with Lisinopril
Equator tablet description and instructions: