- Composition and form of release
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms of sale, storage and prices
- Video about the drug Co-renitek
Ko-Renitec is represented by the Dutch pharmaceutical company and is used to lower the pressure value. The therapeutic effect after taking the drug occurs in the first 2 hours and lasts up to 24 hours. Before starting to use the medication, due to the large list of contraindications and side effects, doctors recommend that you carefully read the instructions.
Composition and form of release
Co-renitek is produced in tablet form (there are no other forms of release). The tablet has a yellow color, round double convex shape and grooved edges. Additionally, there is a risk on one side of the drug, which is used if it is necessary to divide the tablet into 2 parts. The other side of the tablet is engraved with "MSD 718", which means the company logo.
The drug is packed in aluminum plates in the amount of 7 pcs. At the same time, there can be 2 or 4 plates in a cardboard box. Also, Ko-Renitek can be bought in the amount of 56 tablets, which are placed in plastic jars. Additionally, instructions are included in the package.
The composition of the drug Ko-Renitek includes:
|List of components||Component Description|
|Hydrochlorothiazide||The component has a diuretic effect, helping to lower the pressure value.|
|Enalapril maleate||The substance has a vasodilating effect, helping to reduce blood pressure, and also increases the heart's tolerance to stress.|
|Pregelatinized corn starch||The component is hypoallergenic and is used as an adhesive to adhere the components. Additionally, it promotes the rapid dissolution of tablets in the stomach, without irritating the mucous membrane.|
|Corn starch||The substance has an anti-inflammatory, enveloping and healing effect, thereby reducing the aggressive effect of the drug on the digestive tract. In addition, the component prevents an increase in pressure and accelerates the removal of harmful substances from the body.|
|Water lactose||The component is a filler and gives the product a sweet taste.|
|Sodium bicarbonate||The element helps to normalize the alkaline balance of the blood, normalizes lung function and has an antioxidant effect.|
|Magnesium stearate||The substance is a filler and allows the tablet to dissolve quickly in the digestive tract.|
|Iron dye oxide yellow||The component gives the tablets the desired yellow color. In this case, the iron, which is part of the component, accumulates in the liver and heart muscle.|
The main components in the tablet are in the following proportions: hydrochlorothiazide in an amount of 12.5 mg, and enalapril maleate contains 20 mg. Thanks to this combination of components, a quick and long-lasting effect of the medication is noted.
Co-renitek tablets have a double effect on the body: they help to reduce the value of blood pressure, and also activate the withdrawal of fluid from the body.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Ko-renitek, the instructions for the use of which are attached to the tablets, after oral administration, has the following effect on organs and tissues:
- lowers the amount of sodium in the walls of blood vessels, as a result, their tone decreases;
- reduces the pressure value due to the expansion of blood vessels;
- the heart becomes less susceptible to stress;
- the composition of the blood is normalized;
- does not affect cerebral circulation and does not provoke a sharp increase in the number of heart contractions;
- the removal of harmful substances from tissues is accelerated;
- increases the excretion of fluid from the body through the kidneys by increasing renal blood flow.
A decrease in the pressure value occurs approximately within 2-4 hours after taking the pill and lasts up to 24 hours. At the same time, after the withdrawal of the drug, a sharp increase in the pressure indicator is not observed.
Only due to the interaction of the two main components used is the high and long-term effectiveness of the drug noted. Separately, these components are ineffective.
Indications for use
Co-renitek tablets are indicated for use when the doctor confirms arterial hypertension (high blood pressure). In this case, the medication is used mainly in complex therapy.
Also, the drug can be prescribed (in combination with other medicines) for the following pathologies:
- swelling of tissues provoked by: heart failure or impaired renal function;
- swelling of the limbs as a result of taking hormonal drugs;
- normalization of urine outflow in diabetes insipidus;
- preventing the formation of kidney stones;
- high blood pressure caused by narrowing of the arteries in the kidneys;
- preventing the development of repeated myocardial infarction;
- decreased progression of heart failure.
Co-renitek tablets can also be used to prevent the development of heart failure, when a patient is susceptible to this pathology.
Co-renitek (instructions for use of the drug contains a complete list of prohibitions for admission) should not be prescribed if the patient has the following contraindications:
- increased susceptibility to the composition of the medication;
- the patient's age is less than 18 years, since the safety of the drug for the child's body has not been studied;
- violation of the flow of urine into the bladder. Pathology can be triggered by severe kidney disease;
- finding a patient on hemodialysis (blood purification with an artificial kidney);
- a tendency to develop Quincke's edema, including hereditary.
In addition, Ko-renitek is used with extreme caution (according to the dosage determined by the doctor) when diagnosing the following abnormalities in a patient:
- bilateral narrowing of the renal arteries;
- violation of blood circulation in the muscle of the myocardium as a result of a violation of the state of the coronary arteries;
- narrowing of the aorta;
- the presence of diseases that are accompanied by a violation of the condition of the connective tissues;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- diabetes mellitus (any type);
- recovery period after kidney transplant;
- finding the patient on a low-sodium diet;
- the patient's age is more than 65 years;
- violation of the state and activity of the vessels of the brain;
- chronic heart failure;
- renal or hepatic impairment in any form;
- deterioration of hematopoiesis;
- decreased blood volume in the body;
- increased amount of potassium in the body;
- carrying a child, since the drug can cause intrauterine fetal death;
- violation of the condition and patency of the arteries;
- recovery period after a serious operation;
- a patient of the Negroid race;
- dehydration of the body, including caused by profuse vomiting or diarrhea;
- lactation. For the period of treatment, the baby should be transferred to artificial feeding.
Tablets are also prescribed with caution if the patient has one kidney and a narrowing of the artery is diagnosed.
Method of administration and dosage
Co-renitek tablets are allowed to be taken only as directed by a doctor, especially if the patient has restrictions, since an individual selection of dosage and course is required. In the classic dose, you should take 1-2 tablets (the dose depends on the pressure indicator) per day with water. Food intake does not affect the effectiveness of the medication.
Introductory dosage of the drug, depending on the pathology and general condition of the patient:
|Reason for admission||Restrictions||Daily dosage||Notes (edit)|
|High pressure||After diuretic therapy||1 tablet for 7-10 days. Further, if necessary, the dose can be increased to 2 tablets.||You can use the drug only if at least 3 days have passed after the end of the course of taking diuretics.|
|With renal or hepatic impairment||1/4 or 1/2 tablet. The amount of medication depends on the severity of the renal / hepatic impairment.||When using Co-renitek, it is required to monitor the condition and activity of the kidneys / liver.|
|With heart failure and other pathologies of the heart and blood vessels||1/2 tablet. If necessary, the dose may be increased to 1 tablet.||Ko-Renitek should be taken in combination with heart medications.|
|Poor blood formation or low blood volume in the body||1/4 tablet. With the permission of the doctor, it is allowed to increase the dose to 1/2 tablet.||When taking the course, you need to control the composition of the blood. Complex treatment.|
|Recovery period after surgery||1/2 tablet. Depending on the severity of the operation, the dosage can be increased or decreased.||The exact dosage, duration of administration and additional medications are prescribed by the doctor.|
|With diabetes mellitus||1/2 or a whole tablet.||Complex therapy is used.|
|With dehydration of the body||1/4 tablet. After the normalization of the condition, the dosage is increased to a whole tablet.||Reception of Korenitek should be combined with drugs that restore water-salt balance.|
|Patients over 65||A whole pill. Increasing the dose is possible only with the permission of the doctor.||When completing the course, monthly monitoring of the state of the body is required.|
The duration of therapy is selected for each case individually. The doctor monitors the general dynamics of treatment, as well as the body's response to the use of the medication.
Ko-renitek is not a safe medication and its use may be accompanied by the manifestation of side effects, even if the rules of admission are observed, which are indicated in the instructions.
Possible negative reaction:
- the appearance of shortness of breath and unproductive cough;
- feeling of heartbeat or chest pain;
- decreased blood flow to the brain when body position changes. Dizziness may appear;
- a strong decrease in the pressure value;
- increased heart rate;
- muscle cramps;
- joint pain;
- development or exacerbation of renal or liver failure;
- a change in the composition of the blood and a violation of the water-salt balance;
- excessive nervous irritability;
- fast fatiguability;
- a burning sensation or goose bumps on the skin;
- a constant desire to sleep or, on the contrary, a deterioration in sleep;
- stomach ache;
- the development of diarrhea, or vice versa, the absence of an act of defecation;
- increased formation of gas in the intestines;
- nausea, as a result, loss of appetite;
- vomit. It appears in extremely rare cases;
- dry mouth;
- development of stomatitis;
- change in taste;
- the development of tissue inflammation in the pancreas;
- decreased sex drive;
- in men, deterioration of potency up to the development of impotence;
- noise or ringing in your ears;
- deposition of salt crystals in the joints;
- increased sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet light;
- back pain;
- increased sweating;
- the development of an infection in the urinary tract;
- violation of blood circulation in the tissues of the brain;
- swelling of the lung tissue;
- depression or impaired consciousness;
- development of bronchospasm or asthma;
- decreased visual acuity;
- increased blood glucose levels;
- exacerbation or appearance of dermatological pathologies;
- increased watery eyes or dry eyes;
- itching, redness of the skin, rash and other signs of allergies, including in a severe form (more often Quincke's edema) to the composition of the tablets.
Not all side effects require discontinuation of the drug. In some cases, it is enough to make adjustments to therapy.
Reception of Korenitek in a large dose or during a long course with an increased dosage of tablets, the development of an overdose is possible, which can be expressed by the following symptoms:
- a sharp decrease in pressure (a decrease in the pressure value is noted within 6 hours);
- failure of the heart, kidneys or liver to work;
- liver tissue necrosis;
- electrolyte imbalance, may manifest as symptoms of dehydration;
- choking due to pulmonary edema;
- severe pain in the region of the heart;
- loss of consciousness;
- a strong increase in the number of heart contractions;
- convulsive muscle contraction in severe form;
- severe back and joint pain;
- aggression or complete apathy;
- severe fatigue;
- abdominal pain due to the accumulation of gas in the intestines;
- profuse vomiting and diarrhea;
- lack of taste;
- the development of diabetes, diabetic coma is possible;
- memory loss;
- severe impairment of hearing and vision;
- with an allergy to the composition of the medication, Quincke's edema develops.
In case of poisoning, gastric lavage will be effective within the first 30 minutes after taking the drug. Further, the intake of sorbents and laxatives is prescribed for a faster withdrawal of the drug components from the body. After stabilization of the condition, symptomatic therapy is performed, and it is also required to increase the amount of fluid consumed.
Ko-Renitek, the instructions for the use of which require mandatory familiarization, must be used in compliance with the following features:
- the drug not only lowers blood pressure, but also has a diuretic effect, therefore, in order to avoid the development of dehydration, the course of therapy should be supplemented by an increase in the volume of fluid drunk;
- it is strictly forbidden to select the dosage on your own in the presence of restrictions or chronic pathologies;
- with prolonged treatment, it is necessary to monitor the condition and function of the kidneys, heart, liver, as well as the pancreas and blood composition;
- non-observance of the dosage for pathologies of the kidneys, heart or liver, the development of organ failure in work and, as a consequence, death is not excluded;
- if severe side effects are detected, you should immediately stop taking the drug and inform your doctor about it;
- it is strictly forbidden to use medication during lactation and while carrying a child, as it can provoke death fetus in the womb or disruption of the kidneys, heart and liver, as well as cause the development of diabetes in a child (with breast feeding);
- patients over 65 years of age should use Co-Renitek under the strict supervision of a physician, since at this age the body is worn out and its reaction to the medication can be fatal;
- if the pills provoked a sharp decrease in pressure (without exceeding the dosage), then the patient must be laid down and an ambulance must be called, since intravenous administration of saline is necessary;
- the appearance of mild side effects is not a reason for discontinuation of the medication. In this case, the doctor must adjust the dosage of the drug;
- before you start taking Korenitek, it is imperative to exclude the likelihood of developing Quincke's edema, since otherwise the development of a fatal outcome is possible;
- if it is necessary to use anesthesia, it should be borne in mind that anesthetic medications and Korenitek can provoke a strong decrease in pressure;
- the drug can give a positive test result when checking the doping intake of athletes;
- tablets can provoke a decrease in immunity, as a result, during the course of the course, the likelihood of contracting infectious diseases increases;
- Ko-renitek is forbidden to be taken in conjunction with alcohol, as the load on the liver increases, and the toxic effect of the drug increases;
- the drug affects vision, motor coordination and may cause severe drowsiness. In this regard, driving vehicles and performing hazardous work are prohibited during the course.
After poisoning with Co-renitek, its use is allowed, but only after the patient's condition has stabilized and in reduced dosages.
Despite the fact that Co-Renitek tablets are recommended for use in combination therapy, the drug does not combine well with most drugs.
The main ones are listed below:
- medicines and vitamins containing salt, increase the likelihood of developing kidney failure in the work;
- lithium-containing drugs are excreted from the body for a longer time;
- other means for lowering pressure will provoke a sharp decrease in pressure;
- means for normalizing the amount of salts, immunosuppressants and medications used in the fight against tumors contribute to a more rapid decrease in pressure;
- ethanol enhances the antihypertensive effect of the tablets;
- antidiabetic drugs increase the likelihood of blood disorders;
- drugs that lower the production of bile, reduce the effectiveness of Co-renitek;
- diuretic medications enhance the hypotensive effect;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the effectiveness of Korenitek and increase the burden on the kidneys.
A more complete list of drugs that are forbidden to be taken simultaneously with Co-renitek can be checked with your doctor or in the instructions.
Co-renitek (instructions for the use of the product are contained in the package along with the tablets can be replaced with the following medicines:
- Akkuzid. Prescription pills. Price for 30 pcs. about 650 rubles;
- Enap-N. the tablets are prescription. The estimated cost for 20 tablets is 250 rubles;
- Iruzid. Prescription pills. The price for 30 tablets is about 600 rubles;
- Ko-Diroton. Prescription tablets. The cost for 30 tablets is approximately 500 rubles;
- Enalozide. OTC pills. Price for 20 pcs. about 150 rubles;
- Caposid. Prescription pills. Cost for 28 pcs. RUB 500;
- Enzix. The tablets are available with a prescription. Price for 45 pcs. approximately 400 rubles
A more complete list of analogs can be checked with a pharmacist or doctor.
Terms of sale, storage and prices
Co-renitek tablets are a prescription drug that must be stored in a dry and dark place at temperatures not exceeding 30 degrees. The shelf life of the funds is 36 months.
Since taking the tablets incorrectly is dangerous and fatal, they should be stored away from children.
You can buy Ko-Renitek in Russia at the following price:
|Number of tablets in a package||Minimum price||Maximum price|
|14||RUB 302||389 r|
|28||568 r||578 r|
|56||887 rbl||992 rbl|
The most popular packaging on sale is Co-Renitek tablets in the amount of 28 pcs.
Co-renitek is popular with doctors and patients, as it allows you to quickly lower blood pressure and for a long time. Additionally, abrupt withdrawal of the medication does not provoke a sharp jump in blood pressure. But since the drug can cause the development of severe side effects, it should be used strictly according to the dosage prescribed by the doctor or indicated in the instructions.
Author: Kotlyachkova Svetlana
Video about the drug Co-renitek
Co-renitek tablets instructions for use: