- Release form
- Chemical composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- What effect does the drug have on the fetus?
- Instructions for use, dosage in different trimesters
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- List of analogues
- Artichoke extract (Russia)
- Odeston Forte (Poland)
- Allohol (Ukraine)
- Flamin (Russia)
- Other possible substitutes
- Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- The price of the drug and analogues
- Video about the drug Hofitol
Hofitol is a medical product used in the treatment of liver disorders. The remedy can be prescribed during pregnancy under the supervision of a physician. Moreover, it can be used both in the 1st and 3rd trimester.
The medicine is produced in France in the form of tablets or a solution for oral administration. The tablets are brown and round. They are contained in blisters and enclosed in cardboard boxes. The solution has a dark brown tint with a non-uniform consistency. At the bottom of the bottle, the formation of a yellow precipitate is allowed.The drug is poured into glass bottles and packed in a cardboard container.
The active ingredient of the product is a dry aqueous extract prepared from the leaves of the field artichoke.
- colophon gum;
- gelatinous filler;
- cane sugar;
- dispersed dye;
- calcium carbonate;
- food additive E218;
- food additive E214.
All ingredients are well compatible with each other and provide a high therapeutic effect.
The drug belongs to the class of herbal remedies (herbal remedies of origin), which have a pronounced choleretic and diuretic effect. Thanks to the cynarin and phenolic acids included in the plant, the drug exhibits high choleretic properties. In this case, the components have a hepatoprotective effect.
Normalization and restoration of metabolic processes in the body is achieved due to the high content of vitamin C, carotene, inulin, as well as B vitamins in the preparation. The diuretic effect of the tablets / solution allows the excretion of urea.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The medicine contains many different active ingredients. Therefore, it is not possible to trace its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties. At the same time, the metabolites of the drug are also not amenable to research.
Indications for use
Hofitol during pregnancy (the 2nd trimester is the safest for using the medication) should be used in short courses and only under the guidance of a specialist. The tool is used as part of the complex therapy of disorders. However, in mild cases, it can be prescribed as an independent treatment.
- dyskinesia of the bile ducts (hypokinetic form of the disease);
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- chronic inflammation of the gallbladder without the formation of stones (non-calculous type of cholecystitis);
- the presence of salt deposits in the kidneys (chronic form of nephritis);
- hepatitis (chronic course of the disease);
- CRF (chronic kidney failure).
The drug should be used only on the advice of a specialist.
In some cases, the medication is contraindicated, since it can lead to various complications and worsen the patient's condition.
- intolerance to the components;
- the presence of salt deposits in the gallbladder;
- complete or partial violation of the patency of the bile ducts;
- age under 6 years (for the tablet form of the drug);
- diseases of the kidneys, liver, urinary tract and bile ducts, proceeding in an acute form.
In the presence of these conditions, a different treatment regimen should be selected. In this case, you should first consult your doctor.
What effect does the drug have on the fetus?
There have been no rigorous studies on the safety of the solution / tablets during the period of gestation. However, according to observations, the drug does not have a toxic effect on the body of the mother and the fetus.
The medication can be prescribed during pregnancy, taking into account the potential risks and expected benefits. In this case, treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
Instructions for use, dosage in different trimesters
Hofitol during pregnancy (1 trimester requires extremely careful use, since during this period the formation of the fetus is just beginning) is used according to the standard scheme intended for adults and children. The drug is intended for oral administration. Dosages are calculated based on the severity of the disease, as well as according to the dosage form used. Take the remedy before meals.
Dosing regimen (for tablets):
- Dosages (for the 1st trimester): 1-2 tablets 1-2 times a day.
- For the 2nd trimester: 2-3 tablets 3 times a day.
- For the 3rd trimester: 1-2 tablets no more than 3 times a day.
The duration of therapy should be from 2 to 3 weeks.
Application rules (for solution):
- 1st trimester: 2.5 ml no more than 3 times a day.
- 2nd: from 2.5 to 5 ml 3 times a day.
- 3rd: 2.5 ml 1-2 times a day.
The duration of the course is no more than 2-3 weeks.
Negative consequences develop extremely rarely and are caused by violation of the dosage rules or individual characteristics of the organism.
- allergic reactions - rash, itching, redness.
In the event of the formation of these reactions, you should immediately consult a doctor. In this case, it is necessary to interrupt further therapy before consulting a specialist.
There is no information on drug overdose. However, it is assumed that when taking higher doses of the solution / tablets, side effects may increase. In this case, you should stop further treatment and consult a doctor for advice.
During pregnancy, the established dosage rules should be strictly adhered to. Otherwise, it can provoke severe toxic and allergic reactions that can negatively affect the health of the mother or lead to problems in the development of the fetus.
With the development of pain or other disorders, the drug should be discontinued. The medicine is not recommended for patients with congenital fructose intolerance or glucose-galactose malabsorption. This is due to the fact that sucrose is present in the composition of the product, which can lead to severe allergic reactions.
It should be borne in mind that the preparation also contains a food additive E218, which can cause allergic reactions (including delayed-type reactions). Also, the solution contains ethyl alcohol, which must be taken into account by patients with liver diseases.
The influence of the drug on the psycho-functional abilities of a person has not been established. Such studies have not been carried out, information is not available. In this regard, it is recommended to exercise great caution when driving or performing other activities related to increased concentration.
Information on the interaction of the solution / tablets with other drugs is not available or is not provided. In this connection, they should be used with extreme caution in conjunction with other medicines.
If it is necessary to simultaneously use the main medication with other drugs, you must first consult with your doctor. This will reduce all risks of accidental development of negative reactions.
List of analogues
Hoffitol has several analogs, similar in action and indications. Moreover, all of them can also be used during the 1st, 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy. While carrying a child, all drugs should be taken only as directed by a doctor and under his strict supervision. It is also not recommended to independently replace funds without prior agreement with a specialist.
An incorrectly selected analogue can cause the development of severe disorders and lead to problems with bearing a child.
Artichoke extract (Russia)
This analogue is produced in the form of tablets for oral use. An extract from artichoke leaves is used as an active ingredient. The medicine belongs to the group of herbal remedies and has a pronounced diuretic and choleretic effect.
The medicine is used in the complex therapy of the following disorders:
- dyskinesia of the bile ducts;
- toxic damage to the body;
- inflammatory disease of the gallbladder (cholecystitis);
- kidney failure (chronic form of pathology);
- the presence of stones in the bladder (including uraturia);
Dosages: 0.75 g 2 times a day. The duration of therapy is from 2 weeks to 1 month.
- diseases of the liver, kidneys, urinary or gallbladder, gastrointestinal tract, proceeding in an acute form;
- individual intolerance to the components (allergy to the composition);
- dyskinesia of the bile ducts (hyperkinetic form of the disorder);
- the presence of large stones.
During pregnancy, the drug is allowed to be used only with the permission of the doctor, since studies on the safety of the drug have not been carried out during this period of time. When taking the medication, it should be borne in mind that at the beginning of therapy, it can lead to an increase in blood cholesterol levels. However, in the future, this indicator normalizes and decreases. Terms of sale - no prescription.
Odeston Forte (Poland)
This medication is made in the form of oral gimecromone tablets. It belongs to the group of choleretic drugs with a pronounced antispasmodic effect.
Recommendations for admission:
- dyspeptic disorders - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- lack of appetite;
- cholecystitis (without the formation of deposits, proceeding in a chronic form);
- functional disorders of the biliary tract (for patients who have no consequences after cholelithiasis);
- dyskinesia of bile ducts and sphincter of Oddi.
Application rules: half an hour before meals, 0.4 g 3 times a day. The duration of the course is 2 weeks.
Restrictions on admission:
- allergy to ingredients;
- ulcerative colitis;
- the formation of ulcers in the duodenum and stomach;
- violation of the patency of the bile ducts;
- failure of the kidneys or liver;
- minor age;
- Crohn's syndrome;
- congenital dysfunction of blood clotting (hemophilia).
Tablets may be prescribed during pregnancy based on the expected benefits and perceived risks. It should also be borne in mind that it can cause the development of symptoms characteristic of renal or hepatic failure.
The medication can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
Hofitol during pregnancy (1.3 trimester, you should refrain from using the drug, unless absolutely necessary) it is recommended to take in minimal dosages to prevent the development of adverse reactions or other negative actions. You can replace the drug with generic Allohol. It comes in the form of tablets based on several herbal ingredients. Pharmacological group - choleretic agent.
Recommendations for the appointment:
- chronic hepatitis (reactive form of the disease);
- constipation (atonic form of the disorder;
- biliary dyskinesia;
- dysfunctions of the gallbladder after its removal.
Dosage regimen: take after meals 1-2 tablets 3 to 4 times a day. The duration of the course is 1-2 months. After 2-3 months, the course can be repeated.
Restrictions on use:
- hypersensitivity to the composition;
- acute course of hepatitis;
- jaundice (obstructive form of the disease);
- dystrophic changes in the liver;
- the presence of ulcers in the stomach and duodenum;
- acute form of pancreatitis;
- cholecystitis (calculous type of disorder).
while carrying a child, the medication is used only with the permission of a doctor, taking into account the potential danger and intended benefits, since research on this topic has not been carried out.
The drug is subject to non-prescription dispensing.
This substitute is made in the form of an oral tablet containing an extract of sandy immortelle flowers. The drug group is a phytopreparation with choleretic and antispasmodic action.
- inflammation of the gallbladder;
- dyskinesia of the bile ducts.
Dosages: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day half an hour before meals. The duration of therapy varies from 1.5 weeks to 40 days. After a break of 1-3 months, the course can be repeated.
Restrictions on the appointment:
- allergy to the composition;
- jaundice (obstructive lesion).
During pregnancy, the medicine should be used only under the guidance of a specialist, since there is currently no precise information on the safety of the pills. At the same time, it is necessary to correlate the potential risks with the expected benefits. You can buy pills over the counter.
Other possible substitutes
Hofitol during pregnancy (the 3rd trimester is recommended without the use of any medications) can be used as an individual treatment without taking other complex drugs. There are also other medicines with similar indications.
The most popular ones are:
- Ursosan (Czech Republic).
- Holenzim (Republic of Belarus).
- Silimar (Russia).
- Silibin (Russia).
- Gerbion (Slovenia).
- Urolesan (Ukraine).
- Tsinariks Forte (Austria).
- Artibel (Belgium).
These funds are less popular, but they are also used as part of the complex therapy of various diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
Replacement is made only by the attending physician in case of emergency.
Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- Tablets / solution should be stored in a dark and dry place at temperatures up to 25 0C.
- The shelf life of the tablets is 3 years; the shelf life of the solution is 4 years from the date of issue.
- Do not use after the expiration date stated on the package.
- Vacation conditions - over-the-counter.
The price of the drug and analogues
Prices for the drug or its substitutes may vary slightly depending on the region of sale and the pharmacy trade network. You can clarify the availability of funds, as well as find out their cost at any nearby pharmacy located at the place of residence.
The price of the main asset, on average, is 370-400 rubles. depending on the dispensed dosage form.
|Name of the drug||Price|
|Artichoke extract||RUB 260-430|
|Odeston Forte||RUB 650-850|
Before using Hofitol or its analogs, it is necessary to read the instructions for use and consult a specialist. It is also recommended to study the reviews of patients who used the drugs during the 1st, 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Video about the drug Hofitol
Hofitol instructions for use: