- Composition and form of release
- Terms of sale, price
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Storage conditions and periods
- Video about the drug Arifon Retard
Arifon retard - effective antihypertensive agent, which is used for patients with cardiovascular diseases at different stages of development. The medication is considered effective, and the indications for its use describe the possibility of prescribing for the purpose of carrying out maintenance therapy. The decision on the use of the medication is made by the doctor, who first takes into account the peculiarities of the course of the disease in a particular patient.
Composition and form of release
The drug is available for purchase as an oral tablet. They are small, white, round, biconvex, making them easy to use. The tablets are placed in plates of 30 pieces, which are in small cardboard boxes.
In the boxes, you can also find not only the plate, but also a description, which indicates the features of the use of the product, possible contraindications and complications. The composition of the drug includes the component indapamide, which provides the main effect on the body.
The tablets contain auxiliary ingredients:
- Titanium dioxide.
- Magnesium stearate.
These substances do not have medicinal properties, but are necessary for the formation of a film shell. The amount of the main ingredient in 1 tablet is 1.5 mg. Also available are tablets without the mark "retard", where the dose of the main substance is 2.5 mg. Experts pay attention to the fact that this mark indicates that the main ingredient, when it enters the body, is released gradually.
This provides a prolonged action, which reduces the likelihood of complications from the internal organs as a result of the rapid release of indapamide.
Terms of sale, price
Dispensing of medicine in pharmacies is carried out after presentation of a certified prescription form from a doctor.
The cost of the tablet product ranges from 180-250 rubles. depending on the region of distribution and the number of tablets in the package.
Arifon retard (indications for the use of the medication are indicated in the official description) has hypotensive and diuretic properties. The tool helps to reduce blood pressure indicators, which has a beneficial effect on the condition of patients with hypertension of varying severity.
The diuretic properties of the drug can improve the general condition, eliminate edema and some other symptoms that bother patients with cardiovascular pathologies.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The drug acts quickly after taking a single therapeutic dosage. The main ingredient has vasodilating properties, which leads to a decrease in the load on the vascular walls in patients with hypertension of varying severity.
As a result of vasodilatation, not only blood pressure decreases, but also the load on the heart decreases.
The drug also has other properties:
- Increases daily urine output due to the ability of the main ingredient to inhibit the reabsorption of sodium ions in the cortical segment of the nephron loop. As a result, the daily volume of urine increases, and the hypotensive effect is enhanced. The mechanism of action of the drug resembles the effect on the body of thiazide diuretics.
- The drug works for a long time, unlike many drugs with similar properties. Its diuretic effect is manifested in a mild form when taking the minimum effective dosages, but the hypotensive effect lasts for 24 hours, which allows you to reduce the dose taken medication.
- The remedy has a positive effect on the work of the heart, since vasodilation leads to a decrease in the load on the myocardium and an improvement in the supply of oxygen to the cells.
- The medication does not affect the effect of the level of lipids in the blood, as well as the indicators of carbohydrate metabolism. There is no effect on the level of harmful lipids.
The effect of the drug after oral administration develops approximately 1 hour after administration. In this case, the maximum concentration of the main substance is reached only after 12 hours and remains throughout the day. After this, the effect is gradually weakened.
The processing of the ingredient is carried out in the liver, after which the metabolites are evacuated mainly by the kidneys. The accumulation of the component in the body does not occur, but 7 days after the start of the intake, a constant concentration of the substance is achieved, which ensures the maintenance of a constant effect.
In different patients, the characteristics of absorption and distribution of the drug may differ, which is associated with the individual nuances of the work of the organs.
Indications for use
Arifon retard is prescribed mainly for diagnosing pathologies of the heart and blood vessels.
The main indications for the use of the medication:
- Arterial hypertension in acute form, when the indicators increase suddenly and it is necessary to reduce them. In this case, it is the diuretic effect of the drug that is especially important, which allows you to quickly achieve the therapeutic effect.
- Chronic hypertension. In this case, the medicine is used in long courses or on an ongoing basis.
- Ischemic heart disease and angina pectoris, accompanied by an increase in blood pressure.
The tool can be used when diseases are accompanied by an increased level of potassium in the blood.
Despite the high efficiency and relative safety for patients, the drug is not used when diagnosing allergies to any ingredient in the composition and lactose intolerance.
Other obstacles include the following conditions:
- A decrease in the level of potassium in the blood, in which the use of drugs with diuretic properties can provoke complications.
- Hypotension, in which a patient has a drop in blood pressure from time to time or on an ongoing basis.
- Encephalopathy developing against the background of severe liver pathologies.
- Renal failure accompanied by other systemic disorders.
- Liver failure, in which the work of the organ is disrupted.
- Hypersensitivity of the patient to drugs from the sulfonamide group. In this case, patients may experience complications.
- Violation of the water-electrolyte balance is considered a contraindication for therapy, since diuretic properties can provoke an aggravation of symptoms.
- Severe diabetes mellitus.
- Diagnosing hyperparathyroidism.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding as a result of the progression of gastric ulcer, intestinal ulcer.
- Acute condition with myocardial infarction, hemorrhagic stroke.
- A state of shock against the background of trauma, other disorders.
- The patient's age is up to 18 years. There is no data on the effect of tablets on the body of such patients.
- The period of gestation and breastfeeding. The drug during these periods can negatively affect the condition of the child and mother.
With caution, the agent is used for exacerbation of chronic gastric pathologies, as well as acute infectious diseases of the kidneys.
Method of administration and dosage
Arifon retard (indications for the use of the medication describe the possibility of treating various forms of hypertension) are taken only orally in the dosage prescribed by the doctor. Since it is used primarily for the treatment of hypertension, pills are usually prescribed according to the standard regimen.
The dosage for each patient may differ, depending on the initial blood pressure and the stage of the disease.
|Stage of hypertension||Medication dosage|
|Light form||At this stage, the drug is used in the minimum effective dosages to obtain a lasting result. After a preliminary examination, the cardiologist usually prescribes 1 tablet of the drug, which is taken in the morning.|
|Progressive stage||At the progressive stage, the dose of the drug usually does not exceed 1 tablet per day. In this case, the patient can take any additional funds that enhance the effect of therapy.|
|Severe hypertension||In the acute course of vascular disease, the daily rate can be increased to 2 tablets, which are taken in the morning. Throughout the entire period of use, the patient must monitor blood pressure indicators, from time to time visit a cardiologist if they decrease significantly and complications appear.|
The duration of use depends on the numbers of blood pressure and the reaction of the vessels and heart of the patient to the drug. Usually, the remedy is used on an ongoing basis if the patient has a progressive and advanced stage of hypertension. The mild course of vascular disorders requires the correct determination of the dosage, since higher doses can provoke a critical decrease in indicators, the development of additional complications.
Reception is carried out separately from food, washed down with plenty of water to accelerate the dissolution of the film shell. Do not combine consumption with food intake, as the therapeutic effect may be weakened.
Arifon retard (indications for the use of the drug should be studied before starting treatment) can provoke negative reactions if the instructions are violated. Experts draw the attention of patients to the fact that the risks of complications cannot be excluded if all the rules are followed.
Most often, patients say the following reactions:
- From the side of the brain, disorders are manifested in the form of dizziness and severe headache, which develops against the background of a decrease in blood pressure. Patients note weakness and fatigue, even when performing routine manipulations, decreased productivity, deterioration in physical and mental activity. Against the background of these changes, other processes may also worsen, for example, a violation of the coordination of movements is often observed.
- From the side of the heart and blood vessels, disorders do not occur so often, but can manifest themselves in the form of tachycardia and arrhythmias, persistent hypotension and pain in the heart. Against the background of these changes, there is a deterioration in blood circulation and some other reactions.
- Often taking pills provokes disorders in the digestive tract. They manifest themselves in the form of deterioration in digestion, pain in the abdomen, and nausea. Some patients note discomfort in the right hypochondrium, which indicates the involvement of the liver and gallbladder in the pathological process. Such complications occur mainly in patients suffering from chronic diseases of the digestive system.
- The urinary system rarely suffers during treatment, only if patients have chronic organ diseases. The remedy can lead to an increase in the volume of daily urine output, pain in the lower abdomen.
The most pronounced symptoms are observed on the part of the skin and mucous membranes. Patients may experience skin rashes. In the initial stages, the lesion is small, but gradually increases as a result of the progression of the allergic reaction. Patients also notice severe itching, burning and irritation of the skin.
The tool can provoke swelling of the tissues of the oral cavity, nasal passages and eyes. Such symptoms are noted with the progression of an allergic reaction. Often, lacrimation, nasal congestion and damage to the tissues of the oral cavity join. The latter symptom can complicate food and fluid intake, which only aggravates the general condition.
The appearance of acute or subacute complications is the reason for refusing therapy. The patient does not always need to prescribe special drugs to normalize the condition, but in some cases it is necessary to use drugs from different groups.
Taking the drug in higher doses usually does not provoke severe reactions, since the active substance is not toxic to patients. Despite this, cardiologists rarely rule out the risks of developing an overdose in different patients with a single dose of a large number of pills.
Overdose is accompanied by severe headaches, severe dizziness and impaired coordination of movements. For some time, symptoms from the digestive system join, manifested in the form of repeated vomiting, diarrhea and pain in the abdomen.
The condition may be accompanied by an acute course of urticaria, in which the itching becomes unbearable, and the patient is forced to comb the tissues at the lesions, damaging the outer layer of the skin. In case of an overdose, the patient undergoes a gastric lavage procedure, followed by the appointment of antihistamines, hormonal drugs, enterosorbents.
Self-treatment of an overdose or ignoring the symptoms of such a condition is not allowed.
Arifon retard (indications for the use of the drug do not describe the possibility of prescribing for the treatment of hypotension) should be used only as directed by a doctor, that is, after identifying persistent manifestations of hypertensive disease.
Throughout the entire period of treatment, regular monitoring of blood pressure indicators is required. The patient can carry out the measurement independently at home, it must be repeated 2 times a day.
You should not take the medicine before bedtime, even if 2 tablets per day are prescribed. It is recommended to take it in the first half of the day, which will avoid such a side effect as frequent urination at night.
The drug belongs to potent drugs, therefore, its combination with other drugs should be agreed with the cardiologist. Arifon is prescribed with extreme caution with antiarrhythmic, antibacterial drugs, antipsychotics.
The weakening of the hypotensive effect is possible when the tablets are combined with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Laxatives can lead to intense excretion of potassium from the body if used in combination with antihypertensive pills. Hypoglycemic agents increase the toxicity of the tablets, which is important to consider when using.
The drug Baclofen can enhance the action of Arifon, therefore, when prescribing, this feature should be taken into account. If you need to combine several medications, you should first visit a doctor who will assess all the risks for the patient.
The tool has analogues, since the original cannot always be prescribed to patients.
The most effective drug substitutes are:
- Indapamide is considered the most popular substitute based on the active substance of the same name. The drug has pronounced hypotensive properties, additionally has a diuretic effect. The drug is well tolerated by patients, rarely provokes complications and is available in tablet form.
- Ravel SR in tablet form it also contains indapamide, which provides the main hypotensive, diuretic effect. Like the original, the medicine is prescribed in long courses or on an ongoing basis. The dosage of the active ingredient per 1 tablet is 1.5 mg.
- Indap available to patients as oral capsules. Unlike the original, the amount of indapamide in the capsule is 2.5 mg. They are usually used for patients with severe symptoms. This is due to the fact that increased doses for patients with a mild form of the pathological condition can provoke persistent hypotension, as well as other complications. The diuretic effect when taking capsules is more pronounced. Unlike the original, the active substance is released faster when taking capsules, which can negatively affect the vessels and general condition.
The choice of a specific analogue is made by the doctor after examining and interviewing the patient. Sometimes patients choose a substitute on their own, which leads to severe reactions and a deterioration in the general condition.
Storage conditions and periods
The drug can be stored for 2 years in a dark and cool place, it is important to protect it from sunlight and children.
After this period has expired, medication is strongly discouraged. Manufacturing and expiry dates are indicated on the packaging.
Arifon retard is an antihypertensive agent with a pronounced diuretic property, used to normalize blood pressure indicators, reducing the likelihood of complications against the background of persistent hypertension. Indications for the use of the medication are described in the instructions, they indicate the need for a preliminary visit a cardiologist or therapist who will determine the appropriateness of the appointment, assess the possible risks for a specific sick.
Video about the drug Arifon Retard
Arifon Retard. Instructions and description of the tool: