- Release form
- Chemical composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- At what age can the drug be used?
- Instructions for use, dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- List of analogues
- Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- The price of the drug and analogues
- Video about the drug Hofitol
Hofitol is a French medicine on a plant basis, which is used in violation of the condition and functioning of the liver and gallbladder. The drug normalizes blood composition and promotes the removal of excess fluid from the body. The medication is produced in the form of oral drops, which are used to treat children.
Hofitol drops are represented by an opaque brown syrup, which has an orange aroma with a slight smell of alcohol. During storage, a yellow precipitate is formed in the solution. The product is packaged in an amount of 120 ml in dark brown glass bottles, closed with a white cap.
The list of the constituent drops of Hofitol is represented by the following list:
|List of elements||Element properties|
|The main component|
|Thick aqueous extract of field artichoke||The substance has a diuretic effect, restores the microflora in the intestines, lowers cholesterol levels. Also, the component activates the production of bile, removes toxins from the body and normalizes blood sugar. An important property is the slowdown in the growth of cancer cells.|
|Ethanol||The substance prolongs the shelf life of drops, additionally has a disinfecting effect.|
|Methyl parahydroxybenzoate||The element is used as a preservative.|
|Propyl parahydroxybenzoate||The component is also a preservative.|
|Glycerol||The component has a laxative effect, and also attracts fluid from the tissues.|
|Purified water||The substance is necessary to give the drops the desired texture and concentration.|
|Orange flavor||The element gives the solution a pleasant orange scent.|
The main component per 100 ml of drops contains 20 g.
Hofitol - drops for children, which activate the production of bile, accelerate the withdrawal of fluid, restore liver cells, and lower the amount of cholesterol and urea in the blood.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Hofitol drops are intended for oral administration.
After consumption, they have an effect:
- activate the process of restoration of liver cells;
- protect liver cells from harmful factors;
- stimulate the formation of bile;
- accelerate the withdrawal of bile and excess fluid from the body;
- normalize metabolic processes and water-salt balance;
- contribute to the restoration of microflora in the intestine;
- eliminate spasms;
- unite and remove toxins from tissues and from the body;
- prevent the growth of oncological formations and the development of inflammatory processes;
- normalize blood pressure, as well as mood, providing an antidepressant effect;
- prevent the development of allergies (the effect is mild) due to the slowing down of the functioning of histamine receptors;
- reduce the amount of cholesterol (preventing its synthesis), glucose (slowing down its release from food) and urea (blocking its formation) in the blood;
- strengthen the immune system;
- restore the state and activity of blood vessels.
The period of action of the drug, as well as the ways of its withdrawal, have not been studied due to the natural composition.
Indications for use
Hofitol - drops for children, which are prescribed by a pediatrician when the following abnormalities are detected in a patient:
- jaundice in newborns. It manifests itself as yellowing of the skin due to an increased amount of bilirubin in the blood. A high concentration of bilirubin can disrupt the functioning of brain cells;
- nausea or heartburn, which often occurs in a child, regardless of food intake;
- severe flatulence (increased gas formation in the intestines);
- a constant feeling of heaviness in the stomach;
- inflammation of the tissues of the gallbladder, without the presence of sand or stones in the organ;
- inflammation of liver tissue, including an infectious or chronic nature;
- slow or sluggish outflow of bile through the biliary tract;
- violation of the formation of bile;
- cirrhosis of the liver. The disease is manifested by the replacement of liver tissue with connective tissue;
- chronic renal failure;
- inflammation of the kidney tissue;
- poisoning of the body with heavy metals or toxic substances. Drops are used in complex therapy;
- little or overweight. The drug is also used in combination treatment;
- normalization of the state of liver cells and the functioning of the organ, after taking "toxic" potent medications;
- severe pains of a spasmodic nature, provoked by a violation of the condition and activity of the gallbladder;
- increased amount of acetone in the blood;
- teenage acne;
- severe swelling of the limbs, provoked by impaired renal function;
- the presence of sand in the kidneys or small stones.
In addition to the listed pathologies, Hofitol is used to restore the work and state of blood vessels, as well as to lower the level of urea from the body. Complex therapy is recommended.
Important. Hofitol drops slow down the growth of cancer cells (they also contribute to the restoration of liver tissue, which strongly "Suffer" from aggressive treatment), so it is recommended to include them in the combination therapy of oncological sick.
Hofitol drops are not prescribed for children if there are contraindications:
- high sensitivity or allergy to the main and auxiliary components of the product;
- severe obstruction of the biliary and urinary tract;
- the presence of kidney stones and gallbladder;
- exacerbation of diseases of the digestive tract;
- having epilepsy or seizures;
- severe hypotension. Since the drops help to lower the pressure;
- exacerbation of pathologies of the liver, kidneys, as well as biliary and urinary tract.
The drops contain ethanol, so the product is prohibited for use if the child has recently had a head injury or has a brain disease.
At what age can the drug be used?
Hofitol in the form of oral drops has no age restrictions. But for the treatment of children under 1 year old, the remedy should be used strictly after consulting a pediatrician, since it is necessary to select an individual course and dosage.
Instructions for use, dosage
Hofitol in the form of drops is recommended to be used before the start of a meal. Before dosing, the solution must be shaken well and diluted with water. Before starting therapy, it should be borne in mind that the instructions for the drug indicate an approximate dosage, therefore, before starting therapy, a doctor's consultation is required, especially when using an agent for treatment children.
Features of taking and dosing Hofitol drops in pediatrics:
|List of indications||Age||Dosing rules|
|Jaundice||Newborn||5 drops every 8 hours|
|Nausea, flatulence, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, and heartburn||From 1 year to 6 years||5-10 drops in the morning and evening.|
|6 to 12 years old||20-40 drops before breakfast and dinner.|
|Over 12 years old||50-70 drops, 3 times every 24 hours.|
|Inflammation of the gallbladder||Up to a year||5-10 drops, up to 3 times a day.|
|From 1 year to 6 years||10-20 drops 2-3 times every 24 hours.|
|6 to 12 years old||30-50 drops for breakfast and dinner.|
|From 12 years old||Up to 100 drops, 2 times a day.|
|Inflammation of liver or kidney tissue, as well as failure of these organs||Up to a year||15 drops per day. The dose is divided by 3 times.|
|From 1 year to 6 years||Up to 30 drops per day. The frequency of reception is 3 times.|
|6 to 12 years old||Up to 100 drops. Divide the dosage into 3 doses.|
|Over 12 years old||Up to 200 drops divided by 3 times.|
|Sluggish outflow or impaired bile production||From 1 year to 6 years||20 drops, 3 times every 24 hours.|
|6 to 12 years old||50 drops, 3 times a day.|
|Over 12 years old||Up to 100 drops, use 3 times every 24 hours.|
|Recovery of the liver after taking "toxic" drugs||Up to a year||10 drops in the morning and evening.|
|From 1 year to 6 years||20 drops 2 times in 24 hours.|
|6 to 12 years old||50 drops before breakfast and dinner.|
|Over 12 years old||80-100 drops 2 times a day.|
|Cirrhosis of the liver||From 1 year to 6 years||20 drops after 8 hours.|
|6 to 12 years old||50 drops 3 times every 24 hours.|
|Over 12 years old||100 drops 3 times a day.|
|Cramping abdominal pain due to liver or gallbladder abnormalities||From 1 year to 6 years||10-20 drops 2-3 times every 24 hours.|
|6 to 12 years old||30-50 drops in the morning, afternoon and evening.|
|Over 12 years old||70-100 drops every 8 hours.|
|Poisoning by toxic substances||Up to a year||10 drops up to 3 times every 24 hours.|
|From 1 year to 6 years||20 drops every 8 hours.|
|6 to 12 years old||50 drops up to 3 times a day.|
|Over 12 years old||100 drops every 8 hours.|
|Anorexia or obesity||6 to 12 years old||25 drops 3 times every 24 hours.|
|Over 12 years old||50 drops before breakfast, lunch and dinner.|
|Teenage acne||Over 12 years old||50-70 drops in the morning and evening.|
|Violation of the work and state of blood vessels||From 1 year to 6 years||20 drops in the morning and evening.|
|6 to 12 years old||30-50 drops every 12 hours.|
|Over 12 years old||70-80 drops 2 times in 24 hours.|
|Increased amounts of urea or cholesterol in the blood||6 to 12 years old||50 drops 2 times every 24 hours.|
|Over 12 years old||100 drops before breakfast and dinner.|
|Cancer pathologies||From 1 year to 6 years||20 drops up to 4 times a day.|
|6 to 12 years old||50 drops every 6 hours.|
|Over 12 years old||100 drops 4 times every 24 hours.|
Important. If the child has chronic diseases or the pathology is severe, then the rules for taking the medication need to be adjusted with the attending physician.
When using drops of Hofitol, the duration of the course is set individually (more often the duration of admission is 14-21 days) to improve the patient's condition.
Side effects from the use of Hofitol drops appear only in the case of long-term treatment or when a high dosage of medication is prescribed.
A negative reaction manifests itself with the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain of a spasmodic nature;
- increased or increased heartburn / nausea;
- diarrhea, both mild and severe;
- upset stomach.
If the child has an allergy to the constituent drops, then the appearance of a rash, itching, reddening of the epidermis is noted.
If you accidentally take drops in a large dose, the symptoms of poisoning are manifested by an increase in the manifestation of side effects. Due to severe vomiting and diarrhea, the development of dehydration is possible. Therefore, in case of drug poisoning, the victim should immediately begin to take funds that normalize the water-salt balance.
To accelerate the recovery of the victim's condition, he needs to be given sorbents.
Hofitol - drops for children, which will have the maximum therapeutic effect and will not harm the body if the following instructions are followed:
- the child needs to exclude the presence of kidney stones and gallbladder. Otherwise, the drops can provoke their movement. As a result, stones can block bile or urinary tract;
- if the patient has severe liver pathologies, the drug is strictly prohibited from taking. And also the drug should be used with extreme caution in case of liver disease in mild and moderate severity;
- if the use of drops caused the appearance of pain in the abdomen, then it is required to stop treatment. A pain symptom can mean the movement of stones or an exacerbation of diseases of the digestive tract.
The drops contain ethanol at a concentration of 3.2 turns, therefore, before starting treatment in a child, brain diseases must be completely excluded.
Hofitol is combined with almost all medicines. But due to the presence of ethanol in the drug, it should not be used simultaneously with medications that suppress the functioning of the cells of the central nervous system. Also, drops enhance the effect of laxatives. And the simultaneous use of a solution with sorbents reduces its therapeutic effect to zero.
In addition, it is required to take into account that Hofitol helps to lower blood pressure and the amount of glucose in blood, so it enhances the effect of medications used to lower blood pressure or concentration Sahara.
List of analogues
Hofitol - drops for children, which can be replaced with the following drugs:
|List of analogues and selling features||The main component and action of the drug||Subtleties of use|
|Holos syrup. Sale is free.||The main element is rosehip extract, contained in a concentration of 40 g per 100 ml.
The drug activates the process of cell regeneration, has a choleretic effect, reduces vascular permeability, and also has an anti-inflammatory effect and is involved in carbohydrate metabolism.
|Up to 12 years old, syrup can be used only after the permission of the pediatrician and strictly according to the individual dosage and the prescribed course.
The analogue is prohibited for use in the presence of stones in the gallbladder. And its use can only cause allergies.
|Holosas. Released freely.||The active ingredient is 25% rosehip extract, contained in an amount of 40 g per 100 ml.
The analogue has a pronounced choleretic effect and activates the regeneration of liver cells.
|A substitute under 12 years old can be used after being prescribed by a pediatrician. In this case, the doctor selects an individual course of treatment.
The drug is used with caution in diabetes mellitus. Of the side effects, only an allergy to the composition is listed.
|Leptandra. Selling without a prescription||The substitute is a multicomponent homeopathic remedy.
The medication helps to normalize the work and condition of the tissues of the gallbladder, pancreas and liver. Also, the drug has anti-inflammatory, antiemetic and antitumor effects.
|The product must be used with caution in pediatrics and under the strict supervision of a pediatrician. After 12 years, the adult dosage is used.
Due to its natural composition, the medication cannot be used in the presence of allergies, and an allergic reaction is also a side effect of taking the medication.
The choice of an analogue for children should be made by a pediatrician, since it is required to take into account not only age restrictions in use, but also the general well-being of the child and the severity of the pathology.
Terms, conditions of sale and storage
Hofitol drops are included in the list of over-the-counter medicines. After purchase, the bottle with the solution should be stored in the package, in a dark place and at a temperature of 2 to 25 degrees.
Under these conditions, the shelf life of the solution is 4 years.
The price of the drug and analogues
Hofitol drops and analogues considered in the publication are in the following price range:
|List of drugs||Amount of funds||Minimum price||Maximum price|
|Hofitol drops||120 ml||RUB 478||556 r|
|Holos||140 ml||RUB 53||RUB 87|
|Leptandra||30 ml||RUB 485||673 r|
Hofitol is a popular drug for normalizing the condition and functioning of the liver, gallbladder and kidneys, due to the practically absence of side effects, as well as the agent (in the form of drops) is allowed for use with birth. The drug is conveniently dosed when treating children.
Author: Kotlyachkova Svetlana
Video about the drug Hofitol
Hofitol. Instructions for use: