Exercise therapy for myocardial infarction can be started from the period when the main symptoms of the disease disappear:
- complications (severe heart rhythm disturbances, pulmonary edema, collapse).
Recently, physiotherapy exercises can be prescribed from the first week of the disease.
The complexity of the exercises and the duration of the physical training course depend only on the severity of the heart attack. Exercises from the simplest movements to walking and climbing stairs have been developed.
Strict bed rest requires special exercises aimed at preventing exacerbations and stimulating peripheral circulation.
Classes should be held twice a day for ten minutes. Physiotherapy for myocardial infarction begins with performing the simplest physical exercises from a supine position. They are aimed at strengthening the muscles of the legs and breathing.
Static movements to activate and relax muscles are supported by breathing exercises performed without deep breathing.
The pace of the first exercises must be kept slow, with a minimum number of repetitions (three times). After spending several sessions with such an intensity, movements in the shoulder and hip joints (without raising the legs) are included in the set of exercises.
Then the exercises become more and more complicated: lifting the pelvis and turning to the side is added. The number of repetitions can be up to ten times.
The patient begins to prepare for the exercises in a sitting position. Exercises become more difficult, the number of repetitions increases.
The complex of exercise therapy includes dynamic exercises for the muscles of the trunk and strengthening the lungs. Classes are held once a day for fifteen minutes.
When switching to the ward mode, the patient is prepared for getting up and moving around the ward independently. To do this, exercises are connected to the exercises that simulate standing up and walking.
Walking is mastered gradually: every day the number of steps should be increased by five, gradually bringing the total walking distance to 50 meters.
A set of exercises is performed not only from a sitting or lying position, but also in an upright position (standing). The duration of the gymnastics is brought up to twenty minutes.
To restore the cardiovascular system, the following are used:
- walking distance - 500 meters;
- climbing stairs (several flights).
A set of exercise therapy exercises for patients with myocardial infarction with bed rest
The initial position of the patient is lying on his back.
1. Diaphragmatic breathing (four times).
2. Alternating unclenching and clenching of the fingers into a fist (up to ten times).
3. Rotation of the feet (five times).
4. Flexion of the arms (to the belt and to the starting position, four times).
5. Bending the legs without lifting the feet from the surface of the bed (four times).
6. Raises the pelvis with the help of an instructor (three times).
7. Rest, clean up your breathing.
8. The legs are bent at the knees, the feet are on the bed. We do breeding-knee reduction (five times).
9. Straighten your arm to the side, then return it to its original position. Do the same with the other hand. (four times).
10. Turns to the side. The exercise is performed with the help of an instructor. (three times).
11. Rotation of the hands (five times in different directions).
12. Turning the head left and right (three times).