In the human eye there is a constant displacement consisting of 99% water gel substance, some of which is supplied to the cornea, after which the same out therefrom. This vitreous body that performs several important functions, and their violation leads to a change in intraocular pressure by increasing or decreasing it. This problem can affect anyone, so it is necessary to know what threatens to lower eye pressure, and how to bring it back to normal.
For the main risk group includes people with heart disease and blood vessels. Often these disorders are atherosclerosis and farsightedness, it is also influenced by a hereditary factor. Among other reasons:
- liver disease;
- hypotonia of the eye;
- retinal detachment;
- inflammatory process in the eyeball;
- entering of a foreign body in the eye, or trauma;
- dehydration, severe infection.
The pressure may drop due to stress, long working at the computer, lack of sleep, fatigue. The main thing - to make sure that the problem is not turned into a chronic, which can lead to irreversible changes, not amenable to conservative treatment.
diagnosis difficulty is that in the initial stages the symptomatology is almost absent, and pathology does not manifest itself. In this case, only a specialist with special equipment can detect changes. Under reduced pressure in a human eye starts to gradually decrease vision.
If treatment is not carried out, then the eyeball changes shape, atrophy and sinks. If the problem provoked by dehydration or any infection, there is a lack of symptoms characteristic luster and too rare blinking. Decrease eye pressure can be in healthy people, as evidenced by features such as:
- permanent redness;
- discomfort in the eyes, feeling of squeezing;
- reducing the field of view when the sides of the image is blurred, and in the center - clear;
- fast fatiguability;
- dryness of the cornea;
- weak reaction to light.
If tightened with a visit to an ophthalmologist and treatment, the symptoms worsen with time, and vision deteriorates.
What to do
Once the disease is diagnosed, the patient what to do, tell the doctor, who will prescribe a treatment aimed primarily at addressing the main causes of low intraocular pressure. In the early stages of hypotension eyeball specialist in most cases applies conservative methods, including:
- Wearing special glasses;
- Gymnastics for the eyes;
- eye drops for the outflow of the liquid recovery;
- reduction of time sitting at the computer and watching programs on television.
Will be useful and a walk in the fresh air, proper diet with the inclusion in the diet of seafood, carrots, blueberries, as well as physical activity. Only power sports is better to exclude. If necessary, the physician may prescribe antibiotics, vitamins, vasoconstrictors, ATP preparations and stimulants can raise intraocular pressure. Antibiotics are assigned ophthalmologist if the detected infectious nature of the disease, or when the eye got a foreign body, causing infection occurred.
Stimulants can help with hypotension, but by using them, it is important to follow the exact dosage as high IOP is also undesirable. This can cause visual loss and the occurrence of headaches. For normal metabolism of essential vitamins and sosudoukreplyayuschie drugs. In the initial stage of the disease, these measures can raise and bring back to normal the reduced intraocular pressure.
The patient is important to create a home and work comfort:
- There should be adequate lighting at increased eyestrain.
- The pillow should not be too low, the head should be slightly lifted.
- Do not overload the eye, it is necessary from time to time to give them a rest, making even small breaks.
- When working, it is desirable to avoid the situation, when the head is down. For example: the weeding garden stalk must be of sufficient length; rinse laundry basin should be placed on a stool; shoes, use a special horn; clean floors using a mop, etc.
- Limit the lifting of heavy objects.
- Do not wear clothing with tight-collared to vessels in the neck is not was transferred by.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol, strong tea and coffee.
Preventive measures to prevent violations of the organs of vision will help to avoid many troubles. If during operation the eyes are very tired, you can close them briefly, giving a rest, and even better to make a small gym and massage.
What is dangerous
Hypotension eyes gradually leads to the fact that the power structures it is broken, the body gets tired quickly, and visual acuity reduced. If the pathology is not treated, the disease will progress further, which can lead to blindness. Hypotension dangerous reducing the pressure in the vitreous, and subsequent deformation, which can lead to:
- violation eyeball structure;
- swelling of the optic nerve;
- incorrect refraction of light in the retina;
- changing the shape of the eyeball;
- atrophy of the eye and decrease its volume;
- Focus decline.
The patient who has got with similar features to the physician to fully restore the organs of vision will be difficult because the removal of the deformation - rather complicated process. Only the timely treatment to the ophthalmologist will identify the disease at an early stage and to preserve vision.