Blood pressure - an important indicator of the state of blood vessels and heart. Normally, in healthy children blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg It called low pressure of less than 100/60 mm Hg This condition is called hypotension. Ill mostly teenagers. Low pressure in the child can be an indication of a somatic pathology (thyroid disease, atherosclerosis, heart dysfunction).
Hypertension in children is manifested dizziness, visual disorders, skin pale, unsteady gait, occasional faintness, weakness, drowsiness, frequent palpitations, violation of mental activity, the parent pain and apathy. Sometimes children found orthostatic hypotension. It occurs when a child takes a vertical position.
Why is the child low pressure
Hypotension in children can be caused by external and internal factors. pressure reduction is facilitated by:
- Cardiopsychoneurosis. The most common cause of hypotension. It is a complex functional disorders, developing as a result of violation of the regulation of the endocrine and nervous systems. Dystonia can cause lack of sleep, physical and mental fatigue, chronic childhood infectious diseases, lack of exercise, intoxication and wrong mode of the day.
- Chronic fatigue. It is possible as a result of heavy load at school or at home.
- Anemia (a decrease in blood hemoglobin and red blood cells).
- Dehydration (dehydration).
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
- Insufficient function of the thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
- Heart disease (inflammation of the myocardium, heart failure, cardiomyopathy).
- Strict diets restricted in protein foods menu.
- Inflammatory airway disease (sinusitis, bronchitis).
- Congenital abnormalities (thickening of the skull bones, pathology fontanelle in infants).
- Birth injuries.
- Hormonal changes during puberty.
- Family history.
- Diseases of the pituitary gland.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- The acute shortage of vitamins.
- Heart defects.
- Severe blood loss.
- Inefficient use of antihypertensive drugs. In case of overdose possible low pressure in adolescents.
- Active sports. In this case, hypotension is seen as a normal variant.
- Acute conditions (shock, poisoning).
Hypotonia in infants is rare. It may be due to inherent characteristics of the vessels and the heart. Hypotonia in newborns often develops on the background of shock in pulmonary pathology.
What to do if your child has low blood pressure
Before you raise the pressure the child need to be surveyed. For the diagnosis and determination of possible causes drop in blood pressure will need:
- Blood Pressure Measurement. BP was measured by a mechanical or automatic tonometer (first preferred embodiment). The procedure is done while sitting or lying down. Cuff for the child selected individually. It is applied to the forearm. Blood pressure was measured in both arms alternately with a short interval.
- Poll of the child and the parents.
- Ultrasound of the heart.
- Common clinical blood tests.
- Blood chemistry.
- Orthostatic test.
- Load tests.
- Ultrasound of the heart.
Under reduced pressure, adolescent or a child younger age required complex treatment. It includes:
- The use of medications that increase the vascular tone and blood pressure.
- The elimination of risk factors (treatment of existing disease, normalization of sleep and food, vitamins, lifestyle changes, with the exception of stress).
- The use of folk remedies.
If hypotension is caused by neuro and vascular dystonia, the show gymnastics, spa treatment, gidroprotsedury, tempering, exercise and normalization routines. Children should sleep 9-10 hours. When neuroendocrine disorders it is important to limit the time spent with the child for the gadget devices.
If found hypotension in children of school age, it is necessary to increase the locomotor activity. It enhances immunity, raising hemoglobin, increased blood flow and recovery of the nervous system. If a teenager low pressure, it will be useful swimming, jogging and exercises in the gym. Daily is recommended at least 1 hour to walk on foot. Employment opportunities physiotherapy (physical therapy).
An important aspect of treatment under reduced pressure is in the child nutrition. Patients are encouraged to:
- Add to salting menu with moderate amounts of salt. They contribute to the increase of circulating blood volume and pressure increase. Useful salted seafood.
- Add to dishes extractives (spices, herbs). It increases the secretion of glands and promotes vasoconstriction.
- Enrich the menu sources of vitamin C (citrus, berries, cabbage).
- Every day there is fresh fruit, berries and vegetables.
- There are red meat (beef, veal). This is important for hypotension in the background of anemia.
- Drink plenty of fluids. The more blood volume, the higher the pressure.
- Eat small portions fractionally.
- Enable the menu tonics (strong tea, coffee, cocoa).
At low pressure in children useful raspberry leaves, Siberian ginseng, lemongrass, parsley, currant, ginseng and honey. They increase blood pressure. If hypotension useful herbal teas and infusions. At the pharmacy you can buy ready-made fees. It is possible at low pressure to give a mixture of kid based celery and honey. From 3-4 years old can use a tincture of Eleutherococcus.
Physical therapy procedures
If there is hypotension in children, the following are useful physiotherapy:
- elektrosonoterapiya (therapeutic sleep);
- Electrophoresis caffeinated mezaton or calcium;
At low pressure in adolescents can be assigned the following medications:
- Adaptogen and general tonic means. These include infusions of lemongrass, ginseng and Aralia. Ginseng has a stimulating effect on the nervous tissue, increases blood pressure, increases the overall body, improves efficiency and eliminates drowsiness. The therapeutic effect is included in the root of the plant matter (glycosides, essential oils, phytoestrogens and pectins).
- Psychotropic drugs. These include Luvox. The drug can be administered to children older than 8 years. Luvox helps with hypotension, accompanied by depression.
- Nootropics (Pantogam, Calcium Gopantenat, Pantotropil, Pantokaltsin and Cerebrolysin). Drugs in this group improve brain function under conditions of hypotension.
If the reduced pressure reaches critical values or states triggered by acute (severe hemorrhage, shock), the following drugs can be used:
- Means that increase the pressure (alpha agonists). These include: Mezaton, Stelfrin, dopamine, dobutamine. Mezaton is applied in the form of solution for injectable administration. Hypertensive mechanism of action is associated with the narrowing of arterioles due to stimulation of alpha1-adrenergic receptors. Mezaton contraindicated in pheochromocytoma, individual intolerance, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and ventricular fibrillation. According to the testimony they can be assigned to epinephrine, norepinephrine and Epidzhekt.
- Systemic corticosteroids.
- Infusion means (salt and crystalloid solutions).
All products are selected based on physician pressure level, contraindications, individual tolerance and the age of the child.