Very often the explanation of back pain is a lumbar hernia. The spine assumes daily heavy loads, as a result of which the intervertebral hernia may develop. To eliminate the ailment of the musculoskeletal system and return to the old life, you need only complex treatment, which consists of the use of medicines and exercise therapy. Subject to compliance with all treatment rules, you can achieve the desired result.
Content of the material
- 1 Description of the disease
- 2 How to identify a hernia?
- 3 What are the contraindications to curative gymnastics?
- 4 Basic rules for exercise therapy
- 5 Effective technique: exercises with twisting
- 6 Standard set of therapeutic gymnastics
- 7 Gymnastics Bubnovsky
- 7.1 Video - Bubnovsky exercise with lumbar hernia
- 8 Video lessons: the basics of performing exercises
- 8.1 Video - Two universal exercises with hernia in the lumbardepartment of the spine
- 8.2 Video - Gymnastics with a lumbar spine
Description of the disease
The disease that develops nand intervertebral disc damage as a result of excessive exercise, sedentary lifestyle or sudden movements. It is established that this pathology is a consequence of osteochondrosis, and in the absence of competent treatment it can end in disability.
The Facts! According to medical data, it is established that the hernia is mostly diagnosed in people aged 25 to 45 years, who lead an inactive way of life, have frequent physical activity. However, the age group is not an exception up to 25 years.
Pathology is formed by several phases.
|Phase name|| Short description |
|Protrusion|| The hernia is in the early stages of formation. During this period, the fibrous ring deforms. But, in spite of this, the ring is still able to keep within its boundaries the pulp nucleus |
|Entrusion||This is a more complicated stage on which the pulposal ring exits beyond the boundaries. At this stage, the formation of a hernia is completed|
How to identify a hernia?
There is a typical symptomatology for hernia, which, if manifested, can establish a pathology:
- In the lumbar region, severe pain is observed. If the load increases, the pain becomes unbearable.
- Sensitivity is significantly reduced, and in the limbs, numbness is felt.
- Upon completion of the formation of a hernia, it will be very difficult for the patient to move independently.
- There is a shooting pain in the buttocks. Often, the irradiation of the pain syndrome can occur in the fingers of the lower extremities.
- There are problems with knee reflexes.
- With the advanced stage of the disease, there are signs such as difficulty urinating, sometimes spontaneous, problems with pelvic organs.
This is important! Additional symptomatology will depend on the direction of protrusion. When this pathological process occurs in the sides or forward, then the probability of a violation of the functionality of internal organs is high. In case of bulging inwards, the main damage is done to the spinal canal, which can eventually result in a fatal outcome.
What are the contraindications to curative gymnastics?
One of the most effective methods of treating lumbar hernia is special gymnastics. However, there are a number of conditions in which this therapy is prohibited:
- exacerbation of lumbar hernia;
- if a marked body temperature is noted;
- severe heart diseases, diseases of internal organs. The use of exercises can only exacerbate the clinical picture in such diseases;
- if there are metastases of tumoral formations in the back area.
Attention! If the above contraindications are not observed, then according to the prescription of a specialist, you can start using therapeutic gymnastics.
Basic rules for therapeutic exercise
- To achieve a curative result, the exercises are performed daily.
- It is necessary to forget about active sports that provide sharp turns, jumps and other intensive loads on the spine.
- You can not dramatically increase the load during exercise, this should happen gradually.
- The patient will feel a little fatigue after treatment with complex exercises, but no painful fatigue.
- During manipulation, pay attention to the sensation in the area of the lumbar hernia. In the event of an increased pain syndrome, it is necessary to stop the training urgently and go to an appointment with a specialist.
Effective technique: exercises with twisting
This technique is defined as spiral gymnastics, which can very quickly alleviate the patient's condition and take a course of recovery. Many patients claim that after 10-14 days of daily training, the pain syndrome practically disappears. This treatment complex exercises recommended for use by people of different age groups( with the exception of contraindications).
- The main position of the patient in all the exercises mentioned below - lying on his back.
- Patient must perform manipulations only on an exceptionally flat and hard surface.
- The number of repetitions should vary from 3-10( incremental).
|PI( position of the patient)|| Brief description of the implementation of the |
|PI on the back, lower and upper limbs to the sides, head straight|| The left leg is required, without bending, slightly lift and throw over the right. The head turns in the other direction. Then the patient returns to the IP, and performs manipulation with the second leg |
|IP on the back, the lower limbs are bent( emphasis is placed on the feet).The hands remain straight, spread out on the sides of the||. The manipulation begins with turning the legs to the left. Again, the patient takes the PI, and then the actions are performed on the right side of the |
|. The lower and upper limbs are in the forward position and slightly spaced in the sides.||. It is necessary to put the foot of the left limb on the right knee, perform the twisting to the right, and the head turns to the left. The patient takes the PI, and then performs a similar action only in the other direction of the |
|. The legs remain bent and practically closed.||The patient must rest his feet on the surface on which he lies. Then the legs rise above the surface and are attracted to the abdomen. The loin is twisted. In this case, as in the above exercises, the head should simultaneously turn in a completely different direction|
Caution! When one of the above exercises delivers uncomfortable or painful sensations, you should stop doing it.
Standard set of therapeutic gymnastics
The purpose of this lesson is to strengthen the main group of back muscles with the subsequent recovery of the lumbar region. It is very important to note that the above exercises are used in the cabin of the exercise room.
Note! All these exercises include 10 to 15 repetitions.
|IS|| Brief description of the implementation of |
|The patient lies on his back, his hands are near the body, and his legs are straightened|| The exercise involves the use of breathing. Therefore, in a deep inhalation the patient tries to strain the muscles of the press and, exhaling, relaxes them |
|Repeats the above PI, but the lower limbs are bent at the knees of the||. The hands are raised upwards with the shoulders and gradually attracted to the knees( delayed for ten seconds), followed byreturn to the IS with subsequent relaxation |
|The patient changes the PI and sits on almost the heels, his hands should rest against him|| The patient crouches down on his heels, pulls his arms up, does not lift his hands above the surface, advancesas much as possible, and bends the spine |
|The patient sits on a chair( even back, arms at the waist)|| Tilts to the sides. It is necessary to do the exercise correctly, making every possible effort to make the muscles of the press and the waist as tight as possible. |
|The patient stands exactly. Hands are compressed into the fists and placed from behind to the lumbar region( the fist must be one above the other)||Let's breathe. When a deep breath occurs, the fists are pressed down slightly and are led down, and on exhalation they return smoothly back|
This is important! If the hernia is in a period of exacerbation, then the exercise is not recommended. The physician should choose a special complex of exercise therapy, which is allowed in cases of exacerbation of the disease.
The main goal of this complex of exercises is deep muscle recovery:
- For relaxation of the lumbar muscles. The patient becomes on all fours. On exhalation, the back bends as much as possible, but on the exhalation it arches. The actions are very slow, without any sudden movements. One approach consists of twenty repetitions.
- Stretching muscles. The patient sits on the floor, his hands are behind his back and stand as a support. In turn, the legs begin to straighten( angle 45º), with the maximum stretching of the socks on themselves. At least five approaches are being implemented.
- Twisting. It is necessary to lie exactly on the back, and put your left hand under the back of your head. Then with the right knee try to touch the left elbow. Perform 15 actions, alternating arms and legs.
- Riding on an imaginary bike. The patient remains lying on his back, and his legs are bent at the knees( hands behind his head).In this position it is necessary to simulate a bike ride.10 repetitions per foot.
This gymnastics on specially developed technique of doctor Bubnovsky restores intervertebral disks by activating biochemical processes. In addition, complex gymnastics helps restore blood flow. The main thing is to correctly perform the exercises( the first days of the session should be coordinated and supervised by a specialist).Thus, it is possible to achieve good results in the treatment of a hernia.
Video - Bubnovsky Exercise for Lumbar Hernia
Video Tutorials: Basics of Exercise Exercises
Lumbar Pain Management:
Video - Two versatile exercises with a hernia in the lumbar spine of
In this video you can see and read the patient's recommendations that he was able to overcome the herniation of the lumbar region with the help of therapeutic gymnastics, and now feels great:
Video - Gymnastics with a hernia of the lumbar department of
It is very important to remember that before beginning the exercise gymnastics,in the absence of contraindications and pick up individual exercises.