1 Signs and methods of examination
Before you go to the examination, you need to identify the causes of anxiety. FGS, in contrast to EGDS and FGDS, is designed for examination of the stomach, upper intestine and esophagus. EGDS and FGDS are aimed at examining the 12-duodenum, stomach and intestines. Significant differences of EGF from EGDS are also in the symptomatology of the gastrointestinal tract. The obvious distinctive features are:
Do you have gastritis?
GALINA SAVINA: "How easy is it to cure gastritis at home for 1 month. A proven method - write down a recipe. ..!"Read more & gt; & gt;
- a feeling of discomfort during digestion, caused by the presence of foreign objects in the internal organs of a person;
- frequent urge to vomit with uncharacteristic bloody discharge;
- unusual for the normal state of belching some air or food residues;
- causeless weight loss;
- thyroid disease;
- extraction of progressive proliferation of tissues every six months, the observation of which lasts 12 months.
These techniques facilitate rapid operation. The list of services for today has more than 5 different functions. However, distinctive features are present in each method. So, FGD differs from EHDS in that during the operation, electrocoagulation of blood vessels is carried out, the necessary medicines and stopping of bleeding in the intestine and stomach with the help of clips and ligature are also introduced.
The difference between the EGDS method and the FGD is that it becomes possible at the initial stage of the onset of severe cancers to determine progressiveness, which will effectively affect the treatment. It is important that during the operation, unpleasant sensations are not observed.
2 Need for operation
In the presence of severe symptoms of the gastrointestinal tract, it should be checked whether the patient is at risk for his illnesses, which are incompatible with such an intervention. There are certain differences in the two existing methods of treating this disease.
We recommend that you read the
How to prepare for the gastroscopy
The FGDS is much calmer during the operation. The doctor, in order to avoid unforeseen situations, prohibits it from being performed to certain groups of people or under the following conditions of the patient:
- IMPORTANT TO KNOW! Gastritis? Ulcer? To have a stomach ulcer not turned into cancer, drink a glass. ..Read the article & gt; & gt;
- is an unstable state;
- of thyroid disease;
- pregnancy( however, there are individual indications);
- poor blood clotting.
With the EGDS, a thorough examination of the body is carried out. This method of treatment of the gastrointestinal tract is not recommended for people who have the following diseases:
- pathology of surgical intervention, occurring in acute form or relating to infectious;
- tumor formation in the mediastinum or too narrow digestive system is observed.
- progression of hemangioma or hemophilia is noted.
- shows veins or veins in the esophagus.
3 Preparing for
procedure After reviewing the final result of the examination, a diagnosis is made, which can be confirmed or refuted during a detailed analysis of the tests. A particularly important role is assigned to the preparatory phase. For example, it is necessary to study the peculiarities of the time interval when digesting food.
In case of FGD, the last meal should be no later than 6 hours. Boiled meat, water, dairy products are allowed. Before the procedure is allowed to drink only water, but only a couple of hours before the operation. In addition, you can take prescribed medications, only intended for resorption, you can go through ultrasound, drink sweet tea.
- Gastroenterologist. VAZHENOV: "I beg you, if you began to worry about abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea, do not do gases. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
The very process of investigation implies 2 types: through the nasal or oral cavity of the patient. Optional is the presence at the time of surgery under the influence of anesthesia. You can refuse it. The whole process does not take a long time. With the intervention through the oral cavity, the duration will be about 10 minutes, and through the nasal cavity - much less. Therefore, people of advanced age are recommended to carry out surgery through the nose, because there is no nausea, and the procedure is much easier than through the mouth.
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy provides for food intake the day before in the evening, not later than 8 hours before the operation. The diet is allowed to include only light foods that will not impede digestion. After 8 hours, the use of dairy products is prohibited. In the morning you can only drink a small amount of water. In the absence of certain regulations, it can be carbonated. At the appointment of the procedure for an afternoon meal a light breakfast is allowed. Allowable salad leaves, liquid soups. This kind of snacking should take place 9 hours before the operation.
TIP FROM THE MAIN GASTROENTEROLOGIST
Korotov SV: "I can recommend only one remedy for the rapid treatment of Ulcer and Gastritis, which is now recommended by the Ministry of Health. .." Read the reviews & gt; & gt;
After the procedure, you can take food and drinks only after 10 minutes and after getting rid of the feeling of a coma in the throat. But it's best to do it in 1-2 hours. When carrying out a biopsy, immediately after it is completed, you can ingest relatively warm food, and from cold and too hot it is worth noting.
In addition, this procedure is characterized by some unpleasant sensations, which are expressed in the dryness of the throat and perspiration. The outpatient form of the disease requires that the patient stay in place for several minutes while anesthesia is in progress.
4 Diagnostic result
Clinical examination of patients with impaired functions of the gastrointestinal tract, when using the methods of fibrogastroduodenoscopy and esophagogastroduodenoscopy, complications are possible. But they do not carry a significant danger, and the likelihood of such a result is not high. Yet it is necessary to know what is the difference between them in order to conduct timely intervention.
EGD is a rather complicated procedure, therefore after it unpleasant symptoms lasting several hours are possible. These can be:
- violation of the integrity of the walls of the esophagus or stomach;
- feeling of nausea, vomiting, lasting some time after the operation;
- discomfort in the abdomen from bloating, tingling, heaviness;
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- the introduction of any infection into the body;
- damage to blood vessels and bleeding.
The patient may have more severe symptoms, the presence of which provides for immediate access to a medical specialist. Such signs:
- vomiting with blood veins or the presence of blood clots;
- increased body temperature;
- diarrhea with a feces of black color;
- strong and intolerable pain in the abdominal region( rezi, tingling);
- can cause dysbiosis and other diseases when infectious lesions occur.
In addition to fibrogastroduodenoscopy, EGDS is also associated with some complications that may appear after diagnosis. Deterioration of well-being and prolonged painful sensations can contribute to the development of negative consequences. In this case, the intervention of a medical specialist is indispensable. But serious complications are rare:
- perforation - when it occurs, it is impossible to do without surgical intervention, as it can cause the death of the patient;
- internal bleeding affecting the digestive system.
Fibrogastroduodenoscopy and esogastroduodenoscopy are indispensable diagnostic studies in the detection of pathological processes of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, for the best result, you need to know their features, including special attention should be given to the difference between them.
- 1 Signs and survey methods
- 2 Need for operation
- 3 Preparation for procedure
- 4 Diagnostic result
In case of disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, patients are diagnosed with EHDS and FGDS, the differences in procedures for an untrained patient may seem insignificant. However, with a detailed study of the nature of the methods, it will be found that patients are referred to different specialists. This is due to the fact that with minor deviations in the indications, some treatment and preparation for the procedure are required.