- Composition and form of release
- Terms of sale, prices
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- Method of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Video about the analogue of Nasobek
Nasobek is a Czech nasal spray with a hormonal composition. Due to the inclusion of a glucocorticosteroid in the set of elements, the drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, anti-edema and antihistamine effect. Additionally, nasal drops have a large list of contraindications and side effects.
Composition and form of release
Nasobek is produced in the form of a homogeneous suspension of white opaque color, which is placed in a white translucent plastic bottle. For the convenience of dispensing the product, the bottle is equipped with a dispenser with a protective cap (protects against dirt) and a protective ring (protects against accidental pressing on the dispenser). The drug is placed together with the instructions in a cardboard package. The bottle contains 200 doses.
The following ingredients are used to create a hormonal nasal spray:
|List of components||
Brief description of the action of the components
|Beclomethasone dipropionate anhydrous||It is a hormonal substance and has anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effects.|
|A solution of 50% benzalkonium chloride||Antiseptic with antifungal, contraceptive and antibacterial action.|
|Phenylethanol||The component has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effects.|
|Polysorbat-80||The substance is used to dissolve the elements used in the suspension.|
|Anhydrous dextrose||The component improves the absorption of the components of the spray, and also promotes the rapid removal of harmful substances. In addition, dextrose has a diuretic effect and increases blood pressure.|
|Dispersive cellulose||It is a stabilizer.|
|Hydrochloric acid||Reduces the harmful effects of the components of drops on the body (mainly on the digestive tract).|
|Water for injections||The component is used to give the solution the desired concentration.|
One dose of Nasobek spray contains 50 mcg of active substance.
Terms of sale, prices
Nasobek nasal drops can only be purchased with a referral from a doctor. In this case, the prescription should indicate the duration of treatment, as well as the dosage. After purchasing the drug, it must be stored at a temperature range of 8 to 24 degrees, since the drug loses its medicinal properties when frozen and from hot temperatures. Additionally, it is recommended to keep Nasobek in a box, as it protects from direct sunlight.
The shelf life of drops in closed form is 4 years. After opening, the drops are suitable for use for 6 months, while the bottle must be kept tightly closed. Additionally, the medication should be away from children's reach, since accidental swallowing of the suspension is life-threatening.
The cost for 1 bottle for 200 doses depends on the region and manufacturer, and can vary from 145 to 185 rubles.
Nasobek drops belong to the glucocorticosteroid group and have anti-inflammatory, antihistamine and local decongestant effects.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Nasobek nasal drops when applied topically have the following effects:
- eliminate inflammatory processes, both in the nasal cavity and in the nasopharynx;
- prevent the development of an allergic reaction or eliminate it if it has already manifested itself;
- contribute to the suppression of immunity. Thanks to this reaction, there is a decrease in inflammation and allergies;
- reduce the production of exudate, as well as mucus from the nasal passages;
- reduce swelling of the mucous membrane, as a result, nasal breathing is facilitated;
- activate the protective function of the respiratory system;
- has a disinfecting effect by destroying bacteria, viruses and fungi;
- helps to eliminate spasms in the respiratory system;
- accelerates the elimination of toxins, and this speeds up the healing process;
- has a mild diuretic effect;
- helps to increase pressure.
After the introduction of the drug into the nasal cavity, it is rapidly absorbed by the mucous membrane, but at the same time part of the drug is swallowed and enters the digestive tract. Nasobek's action is noted approximately in the first 5 minutes. Further, the components of the drug are excreted within 4 days (through the liver and kidneys).
Indications for use
Nasobek drops are prescribed for the following nasal pathologies:
- seasonal allergic rhinitis (treatment and prevention);
- year-round allergic rhinitis (treatment);
- chronic rhinitis of a non-allergic nature (treatment).
It is possible to use the spray only after it has been prescribed by a doctor.
Nasobek are hormonal drops, so they have a large list of contraindications.
In this regard, before instilling the product into the nose, you need to study the following prohibitions:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the suspension or allergy to them;
- tendency to nosebleeds. Nasobek drops will increase the risk of developing nosebleeds;
- pulmonary tuberculosis, since the agent can enter the lungs and cause an exacerbation of the pathology;
- the first trimester of bearing a child, because the drug causes the development of deformity in the fetus;
- age up to 6 years. The drug is hormonal and can cause disruption in the development of vital organs.
The drug is not used if the patient has fungal and viral pathologies. The ban is justified by the fact that the agent has a pronounced antibacterial effect, which contributes to the reproduction of this pathogenic microflora.
Nasobek drops are allowed to be used under the supervision of a doctor in the following cases:
- diagnosing the manifestation of the nasal septum;
- recent surgical interventions in the nasal cavity;
- the tissues of the nose have not recovered from the injury;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- recent myocardial infarction;
- renal failure;
- severe liver pathology;
- increased production of thyroid hormones;
- amebiasis (parasitic disease);
- increased pressure indicator;
- carrying a child in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
During lactation, drops are allowed to be used, but subject to the transfer of the baby to artificial feeding.
Method of administration and dosage
Before starting to study the dosage of Nasobek drops by type of disease, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the rules for using the spray, which are presented below:
- Initially, the patient needs to clear mucus and crusts from the nose. To do this, you need to blow your nose well, then rinse each passage with saline.
- Remove the cover from the dispenser, then the protective ring.
- Wipe the dispenser with a soft cloth with a disinfectant solution.
- Press the dispenser approximately 2-3 times. A cloud of suspension spray should appear.
- Shake the bottle to make the suspension homogeneous.
- Take a standing or sitting position.
- Place the bottle in your hand so that its bottom is on the thumb, and the middle and index fingers are on the "wings" of the dispenser.
- Take a deep breath.
- Pinch one nostril with the thumb of your free hand.
- Introduce the dispenser into the other nostril. Moreover, it must be in a perpendicular position.
- Next, you need to simultaneously inhale and carry out the required number of clicks on the dispenser.
- Exhale through the mouth.
- Inject the drug identically into the other nostril.
- Wipe the dispenser again with a soft cloth with a disinfectant solution so that the infection from the nose does not get into the suspension. Otherwise, the shelf life of the product will be reduced.
- Place the protective ring on the dispenser and close the dispenser with the lid.
- After the introduction of drops into the nasal cavity, it is undesirable to blow your nose for the first 15 minutes. And you also need to try to restrain sneezing.
The dispenser on the bottle can become clogged, so it should be cleaned approximately once every 7 days. Otherwise, the narrow spray hole will quickly become clogged. For cleaning, you must carefully remove the dispenser from the bottle, then rinse it in running water and leave it on a dry cleaning cloth until it dries. Put the dry dispenser back on the bottle.
It is strictly forbidden to apply the spray while lying down or with your head thrown back, since then the drug will not be able to irrigate the entire nasal mucosa.
Rules for the use of Nasobek drops by age and type of disease:
|Purpose of application||Age||Dosage||Notes (edit)|
|Allergic rhinitis||6-12 years old||Enter 1 dose 3 times every 24 hours.||The duration of the course is selected by the doctor individually for each patient.|
|Over 12 years old||Assign 1 dose 4 times a day.|
|Prevention of allergic rhinitis||6-12 years old||Use 1 dose in the morning and evening hours.||You need to start using drops about 1 week before the onset of seasonal allergies. The duration of therapy is individual for each patient.|
|Over 12 years old||Apply 1-2 doses in the morning and evening.|
|Chronic rhinitis||6-12 years old||Prescribe 1-2 doses in the morning and evening.||The duration of treatment is set individually.|
|Over 12 years old||2 doses are administered in the morning and in the evening.|
Cancellation of the drug is done gradually, as the drops are addictive. Patients over 65 years of age do not need to adjust therapy.
Nasobek nasal drops should be used with extreme caution, since non-compliance with the rules for use is dangerous with the following side effects:
- allergies in the form of: urticaria, choking, redness and swelling of the face and other signs;
- violation of the sense of smell;
- changes in taste;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- deterioration of vision;
- dryness or irritation in the nasopharynx;
- bleeding from the nose;
- muscle pain;
- the development of a fungal infection in the oral cavity;
- nasal congestion;
- development of manifestations of the nasal mucosa;
- decreased bone density;
- redness of the conjunctiva;
- the formation of pathological holes in the nasal septum;
- psychomotor hyperactivity in children;
- depression or fear for no reason;
- growth retardation in children.
It is extremely rare for the kidneys or liver to malfunction.
Overdose by Nasobek is possible, both when the dosage is exceeded when instilled, and when the drug is accidentally swallowed orally.
In these cases, it is noted:
- severe vomiting with frequent loose stools;
- the development of bleeding in the digestive tract;
- lack of smell and taste;
- very severe headache;
- loss of coordination of movement;
- a sharp increase in pressure;
- severe cough with phlegm;
- yellowing of the skin and whites near the eyes, due to a sharp disruption of the liver;
- swelling of the limbs, due to a malfunction of the kidneys;
- a sharp deterioration in the activity of the adrenal glands;
- joint and muscle pain.
Anaphylactic shock if the patient was allergic to the compound.
In case of oral poisoning, the victim should be flushed with the digestive tract. After that, drink sorbents and a laxative. If the poisoning occurs nasally, then it is necessary to rinse the nasal passages and stomach well (since the drug in this case also enters the digestive tract). In the absence of improvement in the victim's condition, emergency aid should be called.
Important. Since Nasobek is addictive, after poisoning, the drug is not immediately canceled, but the dosage is gradually reduced.
Nasobek nasal drops must be applied only after reading the special instructions:
- with a long course, the patient is under the special supervision of a doctor and undergoes regular examinations;
- it should not be allowed that when the drug is administered, the composition gets into the eyes;
- drops slow down scarring of wounds;
- if the patient has a viral or fungal infection, then the disease should first be cured, and then the drug should be used;
- when treating children, it is important to regularly check the development of growth;
- a decrease in the common cold, with the use of Nasobek, is noted later (approximately after a week) than with the use of nasal vasoconstrictors (approximately 3-4 days).
If the patient has abnormalities in the work of the adrenal glands, then the drug can be used only under the supervision of a specialist.
Nasobek drops are not recommended for use with the following drugs:
- potent hypnotics and anticonvulsants reduce the effectiveness of Nasobek;
- hormonal medications, on the contrary, enhance the effect of the drug.
Other interactions of Nasobek drops with other drugs have not yet been studied. Therefore, if a patient requires complex therapy, then the selection of drugs is carried out by a doctor.
In the absence of Nasobek on sale, or when the patient has contraindications or an adverse reaction, it is possible to use analogs.
The most popular ones are discussed below:
|Analog name||Composition and its action||Instructions|
|Beclomethasone D S. Spray can. The average cost is approximately 300 rubles.||Beclomethasone in an amount of 250 mcg per dose. Has an identical effect to Nasobek drops.||The drug is used nasally, for inhalation and externally. The tool is prohibited for use from 12 years old. The rest of these instructions are similar to the original.|
|Beclomethasone Orion Pharma. Metered spray. The approximate price is 400 rubles.||Beclomethasone 50 mcg per dose. The analogue has a similar effect due to the similarity of the composition.||The tool is used only nasally. Age limit: not for children under 6 years old.|
|Beklazon Eco. Dosed aerosol Approximate price 400 rubles.||Beclomethasone 100 mcg per dose. The medication has a similar effect to the original.||The drug is used primarily for inhalation. Age restriction: up to 4 years.|
|Nazarel. Nasal spray. Estimated cost of 300 rubles.||Fluticasone 50 mcg per dose. The substitute has antihistamine and anti-inflammatory effects.||An analogue is prescribed to eliminate rhinitis, after the patient reaches 4 years of age. The drug has fewer contraindications and side effects.|
|Desrinitis. Nasal spray. The approximate price is 450 rubles.||Momentazone 50 mcg per dose. The drug has an identical therapeutic effect.||The substitute is used to eliminate rhinitis, sinusitis and polyposis. The tool is approved for use from the age of 14. Also, the drug stands out with a large list of contraindications and side effects.|
Also, the doctor may prescribe other analogues:
- Avamis. Nasal spray (700 rubles);
- Fliksonase. Nasal spray (600 rubles);
- Nazonex. Nasal spray (600 rubles);
- Tafen. Nasal spray (300 rubles);
- Momentazon. Nasal spray (350 rubles);
- Polydexa. Nasal spray (300 rubles).
Only the attending specialist can replace Nasobek with an analogue, especially if the therapy is complex. Only a doctor, for general health and the reason for the replacement, can choose the appropriate drug.
Nasobek, according to the reviews of patients, as well as the attending physicians, has a high therapeutic effect, but with prolonged use, the drug causes the development of a negative reaction. Therefore, drops are allowed to be used for a long time only under the supervision of a treating specialist. Also, in order to achieve the maximum effect, it is necessary to follow all the rules for introducing the drug into the nose.
Author: Kotlyachkova Svetlana
Video about the analogue of Nasobek
Beconase spray - indications, video, instructions: