- Release form
- Chemical composition
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- At what age can the drug be used?
- Instructions for use, dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- List of analogues
- Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- The price of the drug and analogues
- Video about Biolit burdock root extract
Burdock root extract from the company Biolit is considered a popular herbal remedy that helps to improve the condition of diseases of internal organs and external tissues. The complex effect of the concentrate on the body can shorten the recovery period and prevent the progression of diseases. Reviews about its effect on the body are different, which is associated with an individual reaction to the main component.
The drug is sold as a thick liquid with a specific taste. It has a brown color, the shade may vary depending on the manufacturer's batch. The aroma of the liquid is pleasant.
The concentrate is placed in dark 75 ml bottles. They are in a cardboard box, where you can also find a description indicating the details of the application, complications that may arise during treatment. In other dosage forms, the drug is not released, but the concentrate is considered the best option, since it is well absorbed in the body.
Burdock root extract Biolit (reviews of the tool depend on the characteristics of its use by patients) is of natural origin. The herbal remedy contains a concentrate of burdock roots, which has the main therapeutic effect on the body. There are no other ingredients in the composition, which makes the medication relatively safe for patients, provided it is used correctly.
Burdock Root Concentrate contains many valuable and healthy ingredients:
- Essential oils.
- Stearic acid.
- Tar and slime.
- Manganese and copper.
- Titanium and boron.
The presence of these ingredients in the concentrate makes the product universal for many violations.
The drug based on a plant component has tonic, immunostimulating and detoxifying properties. Additionally, it helps to eliminate signs of inflammation, which is important in the development of many diseases.
The drug helps to eliminate acute symptoms of a pathological condition, prevents the progression of diseases. There is a positive effect on the blood system, digestive tract, blood vessels and heart.
The complex effect of the basic substance on the body makes it possible to use the medicine for many disorders of varying severity.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Burdock root extract Biolit (reviews of the remedy are left by patients who have used it for long courses) does not help to eliminate acute symptoms after the first dose. The effect is noted only a few days after the start of the therapeutic course. The full effect can be seen after undergoing a full-fledged treatment.
The tool introduces toxins from the body, stimulates cell renewal and the restoration of damaged tissues.
When used, another effect is noted:
- The concentrate has an anti-inflammatory effect in case of skin pathologies. Accompanied by the formation of purulent foci and damage to large areas of healthy tissue.
- The drug helps to normalize metabolic processes, improves the absorption of food components. Often, a violation of lipid metabolism leads to various complications from the blood vessels. But the concentrate lowers the level of bad cholesterol, which helps to avoid the formation of plaques and their attachment to the walls of blood vessels.
- The tool prevents the progression of pathologies of malignant origin.
- There is a positive effect on the walls of blood vessels, myocardium. The effect is especially pronounced if the patient has deviations from the cardiovascular system.
- Course use reduces the likelihood of complications from the pancreas if the patient suffers from pancreatitis.
- The detoxification properties of the drug can relieve the load on the liver in case of poisoning or the development of inflammatory, other diseases of the organ. With a viral origin of pathologies, the drug also improves the condition, helps to shorten the recovery period.
- The product cleanses the blood and lymph, helps to reduce body temperature, stimulates the outflow of bile, preventing its stagnation and the formation of calculi.
- The plant concentrate increases the daily volume of urine, prevents the development of kidney pathologies, eases the condition if the patient has them.
- The presence of valuable components and minerals in the composition has a beneficial effect on the general condition, increases the body's defenses, saturates the tissues with the necessary ingredients.
- The plant component contains iron, therefore it has a beneficial effect on the hematopoietic system.
When the drug gets inside, its assimilation occurs quickly, but the effect is observed 5-7 days after the start of the course. The concentrate is distributed throughout the body, does not accumulate in the blood tissues, but has an effect in the affected area. Some of the ingredients from burdock extract are processed in the body, while others are excreted in small quantities by the kidneys and with feces.
With prolonged use, a slight accumulation of substances in the blood and tissues, internal organs is possible. Disturbances from the digestive system can slow down the absorption of components into the blood, but this does not affect the therapeutic effect.
Indications for use
Burdock root extract from the Biolit company is prescribed for various diseases of the internal organs.
Patient reviews confirm the effectiveness in the presence of the following indications:
- Poisoning of the body with toxic substances, food, drinks. The remedy is effective for food or alcohol poisoning, helps to eliminate the most acute manifestations.
- Liver diseases of viral and other origin.
- Pancreatitis in the acute and subacute stages. The tool prevents the development of complications in the form of pancreatic necrosis with the progression of the disease.
- Chronic gastritis and gastroduodenitis.
- Inflammatory diseases of the intestinal mucosa. The drug is prescribed as part of a comprehensive treatment.
- Endocrine disorders, in which the thyroid gland is disrupted, and symptoms of diabetes mellitus appear.
- Metabolic disorders, accompanied by a deterioration in the absorption of components from food in the digestive tract.
- Dermatological diseases of infectious, inflammatory origin. The tool can be used if there are purulent foci or irritation on the skin. The concentrate relieves dermatoses, eczema, psoriasis.
- Infectious pathologies at different stages.
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The concentrate is often used in the complex treatment of gout, rheumatoid arthritis and even arthrosis. It does not help to completely eliminate the manifestations, but it alleviates the condition.
- Oncological pathologies. The herbal preparation is prescribed as an adjunct therapy during periods of remission.
Only in some cases is the medication used as the only method of treatment when the disease is mild.
The herbal origin of the product ensures its relative safety for patients.
But the description indicates contraindications for therapy:
- Intolerance to any ingredient in the composition is considered the most important obstacle to therapy, since plant origin does not guarantee the absence of allergic reactions.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding against the background of the progression of peptic ulcer disease, severe enteritis, colitis.
- The period of lactation and bearing of the child. There is no data on the negative effect of the drug on these groups of patients, but experts prefer not to use it, since the experience of treating lactating and pregnant women is minimal.
- Acute disorders of cerebral circulation.
- The period of rehabilitation after undergoing surgery on the abdominal organs.
- Acute myocardial infarction. The drug can be used during the recovery period when severe symptoms disappear.
- Mental disorders in the acute stage.
For patients, there may be individual contraindications that are not indicated by the manufacturer.
At what age can the drug be used?
Burdock root extract Biolit, reviews of which can be studied before the start of use, is prescribed for patients over 3 years old.
The manufacturer indicates age restrictions in the official instructions, but pediatricians do not use the concentrate so often, since the experience of treating children and adolescents is minimal.
Instructions for use, dosage
The dosage differs depending on the patient's age. The one-time rate for patients from 3 to 6 years old is ½ small measuring spoon, which is attached to the bottle. For patients 6 to 12 years old, 1 small scoop is prescribed. For adolescents over 12 years old, ½ hour is shown. l.
Adults also use ½ tsp. l. at a time, but sometimes the one-time rate is increased to 1 hour. l. Depending on the disease, the therapy regimen may differ, the duration depends on the severity of the symptoms.
|Disease||Dosage and duration of treatment|
|With intoxications of various origins||In case of poisoning of the body, the agent is consumed for ½ hour. l. 3 times a day. The duration of use usually does not exceed 7 days, but sometimes therapy can be extended up to 10 days.|
|Dermatological diseases||With such pathologies in the stage of exacerbation, the agent is used internally and externally to alleviate local symptoms. 2.5 ml of the drug is added to 150 ml of water, after which lotions are made with such a solution for 20-40 minutes. Inside, such a solution is also taken, but 3 times a day, 2.5 ml, diluted in 150 ml of water. The duration of therapy reaches 2 weeks, often requires prolongation of therapy up to 3 weeks.|
|Pathology of the musculoskeletal system||Such diseases require the use of the remedy for 3-4 weeks, depending on the symptoms. A one-time rate is 5 ml, it is taken 2 times a day, after adding it to 150 ml of water. Often, therapy is extended to 6 weeks.|
|Infectious diseases||With infectious pathologies, the medicine is taken for 2-3 weeks. The dosage is also ½ tsp. Reception is repeated 3 times a day with approximately equal time intervals.|
|Digestive disorders||Diseases of the digestive system are treated within 3-4 weeks. A single dosage is 5 ml of the drug, repeat the use 2 times a day.|
|Urolithiasis disease||In the case of the development of such a disease, the agent can be used in long courses for 4-8 weeks. The dosage per day is 5-7.5 ml, but it is divided into 2-3 doses with approximately equal time intervals.|
It is not recommended to use the drug in its pure form, therefore it is better to add it to 150 ml of water before taking it. For children, the product can be added to tea, juice or milk, which will make it easier to use. Correction of the dose and duration of therapy is carried out only by a specialist after examining the patient.
Herbal medicine does not often lead to complications, but doctors cannot exclude such a possibility, even if all recommendations are followed.
The most common reactions are:
- Headache and dizziness.
- Weakness and fatigue.
- Heartburn, pain in the stomach, intestines.
- Flatulence and bloating, upset stools.
- Drowsiness or insomnia may disturb patients with prolonged use at higher dosages.
- Increased urination.
- Indigestion, lack of appetite, intense thirst.
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the mouth.
- Nausea and bouts of vomiting, aggravating the condition.
The most common reaction is considered to be an allergy to a component of the composition. The medication can lead to a rash on the skin, severe itching and irritation. Patients may talk about swelling of the mucous membranes of the mouth, nasal passages and eyes. If symptoms appear, it is worth stopping therapy, visiting a doctor. It may be necessary to prescribe medications to normalize the condition, but often the symptoms disappear on their own after refusing therapy.
Burdock root extract Biolit (reviews of the drug can be negative when in the course of treatment occur complications) does not lead to the development of an overdose, such cases are not registered by specialists, but they can be excluded can not.
It is assumed that an overdose is accompanied by severe complications from the digestive tract. Patients may experience repeated vomiting throughout the day, upset stools, severe weakness, and headache. As symptoms progress, signs of dehydration appear, which is associated with the loss of a large amount of fluid from feces and vomit.
Overdose requires immediate refusal of treatment and a visit to the doctor. It usually develops as a result of a single intake of a large amount of concentrate. Patients can have a gastric lavage procedure. After that, symptomatic treatment is prescribed, depending on the manifestations.
It is especially dangerous to ignore the manifestations of an overdose in children, as this can lead to the progression of manifestations and the development of severe complications from the kidneys and the brain.
If there is no improvement in patients within 10 days after starting treatment, it is worth visiting a doctor. Perhaps a particular patient will need to prescribe another medicine with more pronounced properties.
In the first 2-3 days after the start of admission, patients may experience unpleasant sensations in the abdomen. They disappear on their own. Minor nausea is not considered an obstacle to further use, unless accompanied by vomiting and severe deterioration of the general condition.
The herbal preparation does not affect the action of systemic medicines, therefore, if necessary, it can be used as part of a complex treatment.
Despite this, doctors do not recommend taking it at the same time as other herbal products. With the constant use of any medication, it is worth informing a specialist about this.
List of analogues
The drug has no structural analogs that would have the same composition. Most substitutes with similar properties contain other components of synthetic and vegetable origin. But they can be appointed if the original is not assigned for some reason.
The most popular analogues:
- Polysorb possesses detoxification properties, helps to cleanse the body, can be used for poisoning and digestive disorders against the background of this condition. Unlike the original, it does not affect metabolic processes and does not stimulate tissue regeneration, but can be used as a substitute.
- Enterosgel also has cleansing properties, stimulates the elimination of toxins and harmful components from the body. In case of poisoning and some digestive disorders, it can be prescribed as an analogue.
- Enterol helps to eliminate digestive disorders, improves digestion, helps to destroy microbes in the patient's intestines. It can be used as a remedy for poisoning, quickly improves the condition.
Substitutes do not have a complex effect on the body, they contain other ingredients in the composition. But the original has no analogues that would have the same effect.
Terms, conditions of sale and storage
The medicine is dispensed in different pharmacies without a prescription form from a doctor. The maximum storage time is 3 years.
After the expiration of this period, use is not allowed. During storage, it is important to exclude direct sunlight on the bottle. The formation of a sediment at the bottom of the bottle is possible, which does not affect the properties of the product.
The price of the drug and analogues
You can buy the concentrate for 890-1200 rubles. The cost of Polisorb and Enterosgel ranges from 230-290 rubles.
You can buy Enterol for 240-360 rubles. The price of funds often differs depending on the region of distribution.
Burdock root extract from the pharmaceutical company Biolit is considered an effective tool for improving the condition of patients with metabolic, endocrine and other disorders. Reviews about the action of the remedy are not always positive, which is due to the individual reaction of the body to the components of the composition. Despite this, it is often used for different patients.
Video about Biolit burdock root extract
Burdock root extract Biolit: