- Organization of proper nutrition during exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults
- Nutritional therapy at the beginning of an exacerbation
- Nutrition during an exacerbation
- Diet after exacerbation of pancreatitis
- Sample menu for a week
- Prohibited foods and dieting
- Simple Diet Recipes
- Potato soup
- Boiled sausages
- Potato balls with chicken meat
- Diet video for pancreatitis
Diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults it helps to relieve the main symptoms of pathology during exacerbation. At the same time, she is able to suspend its further development, preventing the emergence of new relapses.
Organization of proper nutrition during exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults
With an exacerbation of the disease, a lot of protein and a small amount of fat should be present in the diet. Thanks to this, the condition of the gallbladder and pancreas can be normalized. Sometimes a minimum amount of oil can be used.
Protein is essential for the rapid restoration of damaged areas of the internal organ. Patients can eat carbohydrate food in the absence of a tendency to develop diabetes mellitus. In the presence of such a predisposition, it is required to completely limit the intake of foods containing sugar.
When following a diet, be sure to reduce salt intake. To reduce the swelling of the gland within 3 weeks, you need to completely exclude salty foods. If, during an exacerbation, the symptoms are more pronounced, the food should be grated and liquid. In this case, the food should be warm. The restriction is imposed on excessively hot, cold food and drinks.
When creating dishes, it is forbidden to take spices and spices. All products must be fresh. Boil porridge only in water. Puree soups, unsweetened tea, low-fat curd mass and vegetable puree are considered useful.
In stages, you can include egg whites, jelly, a little dried bread, lean fish and meat. Despite the fact that the size of the portion should be small, you should eat often so that there is no feeling of hunger. For this reason, patients experience discomfort in the area of the diseased organ. Meals should be 6 meals a day.
Often, the diet of patients is corrected after the diagnosis, in particular at the stage of exacerbation of the disease. With severe symptoms, it is advisable to follow the rule - coolness, hunger strike and calmness. After an attack, in the first 3 days, you can use unsweetened and weak tea, rosehip broth or mineral water without gas. At the end of fasting, you can eat dishes that have a positive effect on the organ. For example, oat broth or vegetable-based broth.
With an exacerbation of pathology for 6-12 months, you should eat fractionally. During the specified period of time, the diseased organ will be able to finally recover. In this case, the patient begins to get used to healthy food. The diet will not be harsh for the patient and will not require increased self-control. With the observance of medical nutrition, surgery can be prevented, as well as a long therapeutic course of treatment.
Diet food must be prescribed by the attending physician, regardless of the symptoms. The gastroenterologist has specific information about the state of the organ, while he has knowledge and skills.
In case of illness, it is allowed to eat the following ingredients:
- fermented milk products;
- pasta made from durum wheat;
- carrots with beets, zucchini and potatoes;
- meat of cod, pollock, flounder and pike;
- meats in the form of turkey, rabbit, chicken, veal and lean pork;
- rice, semolina and oatmeal.
Milk can be included in jelly, soup or porridge. When the condition is improved, you can eat not too fatty and spicy types of cheese. When creating steam omelets, it is permissible to use eggs. As fruit, only non-acidic varieties of apples are suitable, which are allowed to be eaten in mashed or baked form.
Nutritional therapy at the beginning of an exacerbation
Chronic pancreatitis can occur with a change in periods of exacerbation and remission. The first stage appears when there is a failure in the nutritional system, prohibited foods are included in the food, or strong medications are being taken for a long time.
An exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis is manifested by the following symptoms:
- bloating with flatulence;
- increased body temperature;
- sharp and severe pain near the right hypochondrium, which may intensify after eating;
- gray loose stools;
- nausea with vomiting.
An exacerbation of pathology can occur immediately after eating, especially in the evening. If the above symptoms occur, you need to switch to a strict therapeutic diet with the use of drugs.
The diet for exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults should be gentle, light and simple, so as not to create an increased load on the diseased gland. Products should be free from coarse fibers, animal fats and fiber. In the first 3 days, it is recommended to drink exceptionally pure alkaline water without gas.
Over time, the volume of liquid is allowed to increase, and the diet is replenished with liquid dishes in the form of soups and puree soups. The alkali will reduce the level of acid concentration in the stomach, which will reduce inflammation. Semi-liquid and liquid foods will prepare the digestive tract to switch to richer foods.
Nutrition during an exacerbation
Diet for exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults includes the following products:
- desserts with drinks made from dried and fresh fruits, excluding juices;
- semi-liquid cereal porridge;
- milk in cereals or other dishes;
- low-fat cheeses without spices;
- boiled or steam omelet;
- steam cutlets from dietary fish or meat;
- mashed soups, cooked in vegetable broth or water and supplemented with cereals;
- mashed potatoes based on cooked, stewed or baked vegetables;
- weak tea drink;
- puree soups cooked on meat or light fish;
- steamed curd soufflé;
- rosehip tea;
- scrambled eggs.
You will need to eat exclusively pureed or ground foods. Food must be chewed well, because the pathology can worsen due to unnecessary stress.
The restriction is imposed on the intake of sugar and salt. It is forbidden to add pepper and other spices to the dish. It is contraindicated to consume alcoholic beverages, fresh flour baked goods, fast food, excessively fatty, fried, salted, smoked and pickled foods. If you have bad habits, they also need to be abandoned.
Diet after exacerbation of pancreatitis
With exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults, a scar remains. With permanent formations of such scars of the connective tissue of the internal organ, which performs the digestive function, very little remains. As a result, the quality of digestion becomes poor over time.
To slow down this process and reduce the likelihood of a relapse, it is recommended to adhere to a dietary regimen. Products can be baked or boiled, as well as cooked in a multicooker or double boiler. After an exacerbation of the pathology, you need to eat up to 5 or 6 times a day.
After an exacerbation of pancreatitis, the following ingredients can be included in the list of permitted foods:
- dairy products;
- meat with a lot of iron, lean fish and chicken;
- a small amount of vegetable oil;
- non-acidic fruits;
- uncooked crackers and dried white bread;
- pureed or chopped cereals;
- freshly squeezed juices and compotes;
- puree soup and vegetable puree;
- egg whites, as well as 1 yolk per day.
Serving volume should be no more than 200 g per day. The last meal should be 3 hours before bedtime, it is forbidden to allow very long intervals. The optimal period between meals is considered to be no more than 4 hours.
Sample menu for a week
Diet for exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults means feeding in small doses up to 6 times a day. In this case, it is forbidden to overeat. On the first day of exacerbation, you must completely refuse to eat. It is allowed to drink a small amount of non-carbonated mineral water. After that, the diet can be diversified.
Below you can find a sample menu for the week. You can plan it yourself using ingredients from the approved list.
- breakfast: 100 ml of still water and 1/2 serving of slimy soup;
- second breakfast: baked apple without a skin;
- lunch: milk, 1/2 serving of mashed potatoes without adding salt and oil;
- afternoon snack: one crouton and jelly;
- dinner: weak tea with milk and buckwheat porridge.
- breakfast: dry chamomile tea and steamed protein omelet;
- second breakfast: baked pear;
- lunch: compote with crackers and grated pearl barley soup;
- afternoon snack: milk jelly;
- dinner: tea drink and semolina porridge with the addition of dried fruits.
- breakfast: rosehip tea and oatmeal with raisins;
- snack: small banana;
- lunch: compote with carrot puree and a small portion of steamed fish;
- afternoon snack: curd mass with a minimum amount of honey;
- dinner: a weak tea drink and milk rice porridge.
- breakfast: green tea with cottage cheese casserole;
- snack: yogurt;
- lunch: compote with steamed cutlet and buckwheat porridge;
- afternoon snack: milk with biscuit biscuits;
- dinner: tea with vegetables and noodles.
- breakfast: tea with mint and semolina pudding;
- second breakfast: jelly with crackers;
- lunch: compote, carrot cutlet with chicken broth;
- afternoon snack: fruit mousse;
- dinner: a weak tea drink with fish balls.
- breakfast: a weakly brewed tea drink and rice porridge with added fruits;
- snack: fruit jelly;
- lunch: compote, fishcake and celery-based soup;
- Afternoon snack: unsalted crackers and milk tea;
- dinner: a weak tea drink and potato zrazy with the addition of steamed minced chicken.
- breakfast: tea with milk and balls of cottage cheese and jam;
- snack: apple mousse;
- lunch: compote with buckwheat porridge and fish fillets;
- afternoon snack: crouton with oatmeal jelly;
- dinner: weak tea with steamed cutlet and stewed zucchini.
In the evening before going to bed, it is advisable to drink 150 ml of yogurt or fresh kefir. Throughout the day, instead of bread, it is recommended to eat dried crackers. The tea should be weak and warm. For easy assimilation of products, they must be warm.
Prohibited foods and dieting
Diet for exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis in adults excludes hot and cold products. Food should be warm above body temperature. Products must not be marinated and fried.
Table of contraindicated foods for illness:
|Type of prohibited products||Name|
|Bakery products||Fresh, sweet and savory.|
|Meat||Lard, duck, goose, lamb and pork.|
|Vegetables with fruits||Radishes, grapes, banana, garlic, sorrel, white cabbage and legumes.|
|Semi-finished products||Canned food, salted meat with fish, smoked meats, bacon, sausage and sausages.|
|Spices with pickles||All varieties of pickles and any spices.|
|Sweet||Ice cream, sugary sodas, cream cakes, butter cakes and chocolate.|
|Alcoholic and caffeinated drinks||Cocktail, spirits, cocoa, energy drinks and coffee.|
The above list of products is incomplete and can be supplemented with respect to the condition of the pathology and the patient's personal preferences.
Simple Diet Recipes
With exacerbated chronic pancreatitis, you can prepare simple dietary meals. For example, soup, side dish, dessert, sausages.
To prepare the first course, you need to prepare the following components:
- potatoes - 100 g;
- onions - 75 g;
- butter - for frying;
- carrots - 75 g;
- fish or chicken broth - 1 l;
- salt to taste.
Step-by-step description of the preparation of a hot product:
- Chop the onion, scald with boiling water and fry in oil.
- Send chopped carrots to the onion and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the chopped potatoes to the boiling broth.
- Add fried vegetables to the composition and boil until tender.
- Add salt at the end of cooking.
To create a meat dish, it is recommended to prepare the following ingredients:
- fresh herbs - optional;
- sour cream - 300 g;
- salt - to your taste;
- chicken fillet - 700 g;
- egg white - 45 g.
Step-by-step cooking process:
- Cut the chicken fillet into cubes and grind with a blender.
- Add minced meat with sour cream, herbs, salt and egg whites. Mix the composition.
- Transfer 1/3 of the mixture onto cling film, forming a sausage. Fasten the edges of the film with a thread. Make 2 more blanks.
- Pour liquid into the container, bring to a boil and set the fire to minimum power.
- Transfer the semi-finished products to the liquid, covering with a plate on top so that they do not float.
- Cook for 60 minutes. Remove the products from the broth, cool and peel off the film.
Potato balls with chicken meat
To prepare a treat, you should prepare the following foods:
- chicken breast - 200 g;
- greens - optional;
- potatoes - 400 g;
- onions - 75 g;
- sunflower oil - to your taste;
- carrots - 75 g.
Step by step instructions for cooking potato balls:
- Cook the meat and grind with a blender along with onions and boiled carrots.
- Cook the potatoes and crush them in mashed potatoes. Form a flat cake from vegetable puree, adding minced meat. Blind the ball.
- Stand ready-made semi-finished products in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the blanks to a baking sheet, oiled with oil, and send to the oven heated to 220 ℃.
- Decorate the dish with herbs before sending it to the table.
For dinner, you can cook barley porridge.
To do this, you need to prepare the following components:
- water - 500 ml;
- bulb head - 75 g;
- sunflower oil - optional;
- carrots - 75 g;
- pearl barley - 90 g;
- tomatoes - 100 g.
A detailed description of the process of preparing the side dish:
- Dip the pearl barley into water and boil for 45 minutes. Drain off excess liquid, add a little oil and leave under a closed lid.
- Fry the chopped onion in oil. Top with chopped carrots and chopped tomatoes. Put out the composition under a closed lid on a minimum fire power for 10 minutes.
- Grind the barley porridge in a blender along with stewed vegetables. Leave covered for 5 minutes.
For an afternoon snack, you can make apple mousse.
This requires the following products:
- citric acid - 0.3 g;
- semolina - 30 g;
- sugar - 15 g;
- apples - 70 g.
Step-by-step process of making dessert:
- Peel the fruit, cut into pieces and boil.
- Filter the liquid, twist the fruit and combine with the broth.
- Add citric acid, sugar and bring to a boil.
- With constant stirring, add semolina, boiling the mass on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cool the composition to 40 ℃, beat until fluffy, distribute into molds and cool.
The diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults limits the intake of foods that increase the formation of acid, and helps to reduce the load on the diseased organ. With an easy stage of pathology, dietary nutrition is adhered to for several months, general recommendations are followed throughout life in order to prevent the onset of a period of exacerbation of the disease.
Diet video for pancreatitis
What and how to eat properly with pancreatitis: