- Release form
- Composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- At what age can the drug be used?
- Instructions for use, dosage
- With heartburn
- For gastrointestinal disorders
- With gastritis
- With diabetes
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Penzital's analogs
- Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- Video about the drug Penzital
Penzital is an Indian drug that is used in case of a deficiency of the produced pancreatic enzymes. The tool has practically no contraindications and rarely causes the development of adverse reactions. Use Penzital only if there are indications confirmed by a doctor.
Penzital is produced in the form of white, round, biconvex tablets, which are film-coated, enteric-coated. The drug is placed in foil blisters in the amount of 10 pcs. The package contains 2 or 8 blisters and instructions for use.
Composition of the preparation
The components of Penzital tablets are:
|List of components||Description of elements|
|Pancreatin with enzymatic activity (lipase, protease, amylase)||The element facilitates the digestion and assimilation of food in the small intestine, by eliminating the deficiency of enzymes produced by the pancreas.|
|Lactose||The component gives the tablets a sweet taste and also acts as a filler.|
|Microcrystalline cellulose||The element is a filler and stabilizer. MCC gives the tablets strength, makes the texture uniform and stable. Also, the substance promotes better dissolution of tablets and a gradual release of the active component, as a result, the drug has a longer therapeutic effect.|
|Sodium starch glycolate||The substance quickly absorbs water, making it easier for the tablet to dissolve after taking it.|
|Povidone||Binds and attracts toxins and accelerates their elimination from the body.|
|Talc||The component attracts moisture and has an antiseptic effect.|
|Colloidal silicon dioxide||The substance attracts and removes harmful substances from the body.|
|Copolymer of methacrylic acid||The element promotes the release of the active ingredient in the intestine.|
|Diethyl phthalate||The component improves the absorption of the main component of the tablets.|
|Titanium dioxide||The substance imparts the desired white color to the film coat of the tablets.|
The additional components used increase the effectiveness of the main component of the tablets due to its gradual dissolution and slow release.
Penzital belongs to the group of enzyme preparations for improving digestion.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Penzital (indications for use are discussed later in the article) includes 3 enzymes that improve the digestion and absorption of fats, carbohydrates and proteins in the intestine. The drug replaces the deficiency of enzymes produced by the pancreas. The components included in the composition additionally restore the state of tissues in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
Thanks to the film membrane, the active element is released in the intestine. The tool begins to act approximately 40 minutes after ingestion.
Indications for use
Enzyme-containing tablets Penzital are prescribed for the following pathologies:
- insufficient production of enzymes by the pancreas;
- violation of the functioning of the glands of external secretion;
- development of inflammatory processes in the pancreas;
- the presence of chronic inflammatory processes in the stomach, liver, intestines, as well as in the gallbladder;
- maintaining the work of the stomach, pancreas, liver, after resection (part of the organ is removed);
- restoration of the digestive tract organs after chemotherapy;
- normalization of the activity of the digestive tract;
- activation of the digestive organs when overeating or following a strict diet;
- maintaining the digestive process in bedridden patients;
- abdominal pain due to dysfunction of the digestive tract;
- flatulence, diarrhea caused by non-infectious diseases.
Additionally, Penzital tablets are used before undergoing an examination of the gastrointestinal tract (X-ray, ultrasound examination).
Penzital, indications for use and contraindications to which can be studied in the instructions, should not be used when the following prohibitions are detected in the patient:
- severe sensitivity to the composition of the tablets;
- inflammation of the pancreas in acute form.
When carrying a child or during lactation, it is permissible to use Penzital tablets, but only with the permission of the attending specialist.
At what age can the drug be used?
Penzital is produced in the form of tablets, so it is undesirable to prescribe the drug to children under 12 years of age. But in a hospital setting, the drug is allowed to be used from 3 years. In this case, the attending physician calculates the required dosage according to the patient's weight.
Instructions for use, dosage
Penzital, the main purpose of which is to eliminate the deficiency of enzymes produced by the pancreas gland, should be taken strictly as prescribed by the doctor and only if the patient has confirmed indications.
In the absence of individual prescriptions, the drug should be used strictly as a whole, before meals, washed down with a non-alkaline liquid, while the average the daily dosage is approximately about 3-6 tablets per day (in extremely rare cases, it is allowed to dose up to 16 tablets, divided into 3 reception). The duration of the course of therapy can be more than one year.
For children, if it is necessary to use the product, the dosage and course are selected individually according to the patient's weight. Further, the features of the dosage of Penzital, depending on the purpose of use, are considered.
Heartburn is characterized by the discharge of gastric juice and contents from the stomach into the esophagus, and is accompanied by a burning sensation in the chest and throat. Penzital helps to normalize digestion and reduce the amount of acid in the stomach.
To eliminate heartburn, it is recommended to take the remedy 1 tablet before meals 3 times a day. In this case, the patient must follow a dietary diet, as well as take food in small portions up to 6 times a day. The duration of treatment can be about 2-3 weeks.
Important. Heartburn can be a symptom of the onset of an ulcer, gastritis, or diaphragmatic hernia. Therefore, before using Penzital, an examination is required to identify the cause of the pathology.
For gastrointestinal disorders
If the patient has a disorder of the digestive tract in the form of diarrhea or constipation, the attending physician may also prescribe Penzital in complex therapy. The listed pathologies often develop due to a violation of the microflora in the intestine or organ motility. At the same time, both with constipation and diarrhea, there is a deterioration in food absorption.
Penzital normalizes the absorption of nutrients in the intestines and helps to restore the activity of the organ. Depending on the type of pathology and the form of severity, the following dosage of the drug can be prescribed:
|Purpose of admission||Moderate severity||Launched form|
|Diarrhea||Take 1-2 tablets. 3-4 times daily before meals.||Take 2 tablets 3-6 times a day, before meals.|
|Constipation||Take 1 tablet before meals, 2-4 times every 24 hours.||It is recommended to take 1-2 tablets 2-5 times a day, before eating.|
Regardless of the type of pathology, the patient must comply with the drinking regime and dietary food. The course of treatment is prescribed individually.
The disease is manifested by abdominal pain due to the development of inflammatory processes in the stomach. The components of Penzital facilitate the digestion of food, as a result, the load on the organ is reduced, which helps to accelerate the recovery of the gastric mucosa. In combination with the drug, anti-inflammatory and analgesic medications can be prescribed. The choice of treatment depends on the severity of the neglect of the disease.
Penzital for gastritis is prescribed 1-2 tablets before eating, 3-4 times a day. Additionally, you should observe fractional dietary meals.
Pathology is accompanied by impaired absorption of glucose by the body. Penzital does not affect the digestion of sugar, but it helps to normalize the breakdown and assimilation of protein and fats. The remedy is taken more often in combination therapy and when following a diet with counting the amount of XE (bread units) in food.
With diabetes, Penzital is consumed before meals in the amount of 1 pc. 3 to 6 times during the day. At the same time, it is important that the doctor selects a more accurate dosage, since it is necessary to take into account the type of pathology (type 1 or 2) and the severity of its manifestation.
Overeating is characterized by heaviness in the stomach, sometimes abdominal pain may be present. Penzital allows you to eliminate these manifestations by accelerating the digestion of food. If possible, if a banquet is planned, tablets should be taken before meals in the amount of 1-2 pcs. Longer use of the product is optional. If overeating has occurred spontaneously, then it is necessary to take Penzital immediately after a meal in the amount of 1-2 tablets.
With weight loss, Penzital promotes the complete assimilation of food and at the same time fat is not stored in reserves. It is recommended to use the product 1 tablet before meals 3 times a day for 1-2 months. Using only Penzital weight will not go away, the drug will only slow down the increase in body weight. To achieve the effect of losing weight, you need to additionally follow a diet and exercise.
It should be noted that regardless of the purpose of taking the drug, a doctor's consultation and an individual selection of dosage and course are required.
If you need to use the medication, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with the possible side effects in advance, which include:
- diarrhea or lack of stool. Deviation is extremely rare;
- discomfort, sometimes abdominal pain;
- nausea, very rarely vomiting;
- pathological narrowing in the colon. More often, a negative reaction is observed in patients undergoing long-term therapy with an increased dosage of the drug;
- an increase in the rate of uric acid (with prolonged treatment);
- redness in the anus or irritation of the oral mucosa. It is more common in children.
The development of an allergic reaction in the form of a rash, bronchospasm, lacrimation is not excluded.
Penzital, the indications for the use of which are quite diverse, when used in an overestimated dose can cause the development of the following deviations:
- a sharp increase in the amount of uric acid in the blood;
- severe pain in a living, vomiting is possible;
- the development of choking in the presence of an allergy to the composition of the tablets;
- constipation. It is more common in children.
In case of drug poisoning, gastric lavage is used, after which symptomatic therapy can be prescribed. You can reduce the negative effects of Penzital by taking calcium carbonate or magnesium hydroxide.
Before you start taking Penzital, doctors recommend that you familiarize yourself with the main features of its use:
- do not take pills if the symptoms of pancreatitis worsen. The tool is used only at the stage of attenuation of the pathology;
- for the period of the course, it is important to combine the intake of the drug with the observance of medical nutrition;
- in case of violation of the activity of the glands of external secretion, an individual selection of the dosage of tablets is required, otherwise there is a high probability of an increase in the level of uric acid in the body, in this regard, during the course of the course, it is necessary to regularly donate blood in order to track the amount of urinary acids;
- when side effects are detected in the patient, the dosage is adjusted or Penzital is replaced with an analogue;
- it is undesirable to take pills at the same time as alcohol, since alcoholic beverages reduce the effectiveness of the drug;
- with prolonged therapy, the course of treatment is recommended to be combined with the intake of iron preparations;
- in patients with bowel resection, the likelihood of developing side effects is higher, and abdominal pain may also be noted;
- if it is necessary to use the drug in pediatrics, it is necessary to use the drug with minimal dosages, otherwise the development of constipation in children is possible.
Penzital does not affect the concentration of attention, therefore, when taking the course, it is allowed to drive vehicles and perform work that requires special attention.
Penzital (indications for use and interaction of tablets with other medicines should be discussed with doctor before starting treatment) should be used with caution in combination with the following medicines:
- drugs to reduce the acidity of the stomach reduce the therapeutic effect of Penzital;
- medicines with calcium carbonate in the composition reduce the healing properties of Penzital tablets;
- products containing magnesium hydroxide reduce the effectiveness of Penzital;
- Penzital reduces the effectiveness of iron-containing and antithrombotic medicines;
- Penzital reduces the effect of hypoglycemic drugs and acetylsalicylic acid;
- Penzital tablets reduce the absorption of folic acid.
If it is necessary to undergo a course of treatment in combination with the listed medicines, it is required adjusting the dosage of the agents used or maintaining an interval of at least 2 hours between doses drugs.
In the absence of Penzital on sale, if a patient has contraindications or side effects, the doctor can replace the following drugs:
|List of analogues and prices||The main component and its action||Instructions|
|Pancreatin. Cost from 40 to 200 rubles. Depends on the form of release and the amount of the drug in the package.||The main substance (pancreatin) replenishes the deficiency of enzymes: protease, chymotrypsin, lipase, as well as amylase and trypsin.||Indications and side effects are identical to the originals. Contraindications for use are similar to Penzital, but the agent also cannot be used if the patient has intestinal obstruction.
The dosage and course of treatment are selected individually.
|Mezim. The cost of the drug can vary from 100 to 400 rubles. The price depends on the dosage of the main component and the number of tablets in the package.||The active ingredient pancreatin includes: amylase, protease and lipase, providing a therapeutic effect similar to the original.||The drug has similar indications, contraindications and side effects. At the same time, Mezim is allowed to be used by patients from 3 years old.
The dosage and duration of therapy are set individually and depend on the form of release of the drug.
|Creon. The price per package can vary from 300 to 1500 rubles. The cost indicator depends on the concentration of the active element and the number of capsules in the package.||The main component of the drug (pancreatin) compensates for the deficiency of lipase, protease and amidase. The analogue compensates for the deficiency of enzymes, like the original.||The substitute has similar indications, side effects and contraindications. It is allowed to use the product from 4 years old, and it is also allowed to use it during pregnancy and lactation.
The dosage of the drug depends on the weight of the patient and the type of pathology, and is set individually.
Also, Penzital's analogs include:
- Festal and other medicines containing enzymes.
It is not recommended to replace Penzital on your own. The specialist will not only select a drug suitable for the general condition of the patient, but also prescribe the required course.
Terms, conditions of sale and storage
You can buy Penzital tablets without a prescription. After purchase, the drug must be stored in a packaged form at a temperature of 2 to 25 degrees, out of the reach of children and sunlight. The shelf life of the tablets in the package is 3 years from the date of production.
The cost of one package of tablets in the amount of 20 pcs. can range from 50 to 80 rubles. And the price for 80 tablets can vary from 200 to 250 rubles. At the same time, the lowest cost of packaging is registered in online pharmacies.
Penzital is popular among patients with pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract (the exact list of indications can be checked with the doctor), as well as for eliminating heaviness in the stomach after overeating. The tool practically does not cause the development of side effects and has a minimum list of restrictions in its use.
Author: Kotlyachkova Svetlana
Video about the drug Penzital
Instructions for the use of Penzital: