- Release form
- Composition of the preparation
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- At what age can the drug be used?
- Instructions for use, dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Terms, conditions of sale and storage
- Video about NovoMix
NovoMix 30 FlexPen - drug with antidiabetic properties, which is used to normalize blood glucose levels. The cost of the drug is high, but it is justified by its effectiveness and relative safety for patients, provided it is used correctly. Before prescribing a medicine, the doctor preliminarily conducts an examination, which allows to clarify the dosage of the drug, taking into account laboratory parameters.
You can buy the agent in pharmacies in the form of a suspension intended for subcutaneous administration. The suspension is white, there are no lumps in it, but small flakes may appear, which are not considered a reason for refusing to use.
The composition is placed in small pen syringes that are easy to use. Each such pen can contain 3 ml of suspension, which is equal to 100 IU of insulin. The syringe is placed in a convenient package, protecting it from damage during transportation. In the package you can find a description explaining the rules of use, features and possible complications during use.
Composition of the preparation
The medicine contains insulin, which in its action resembles a component normally produced in the human body. That is, the composition contains soluble insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine in the form of crystals. The first ingredient is a short-acting substance, the second has a long-lasting effect.
The suspension contains auxiliary substances:
- Sodium chloride.
- Sodium hydroxide.
These ingredients do not have medicinal properties, their amount in the composition is insignificant.
NovoMix 30 FlexPen (the price of the product is quite high in comparison with analogues) has antidiabetic properties, since it improves the condition of patients in diagnosing diabetes mellitus of moderate and severe forms.
The drug lowers blood glucose levels, helps to control it when used on an ongoing basis, prevents sudden changes in indicators after eating certain foods. The tool does not have a complex effect on the body, so its action is aimed at eliminating a specific deviation.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The drug is considered to be quite effective as it helps to improve the condition of patients with type 1 diabetes. The active substances of the composition stimulate the intracellular transport of glucose, which leads to a decrease in its level and prevents the development of complications against the background of long-term maintenance of a high level of the substance in blood.
The tool allows you to reduce the likelihood of vascular damage while constantly maintaining an elevated blood glucose level.
Other positive properties of the drug are also noted:
- It inhibits the production of glucose in the liver, which has a positive effect on the patient's condition, helps reduce the likelihood of a rapid rise in laboratory values over a short period time.
- Reduces the likelihood of developing hyperglycemic coma, accompanied by disorders of the internal organs.
- Improves overall health by monitoring glucose levels. Patients do not notice periodic deterioration, fluctuations in appetite and mood.
- The drug works for a long time, which allows the patient to lead a normal life without worrying about administering the medicine every 2-3 hours.
The drug is well absorbed in the body after subcutaneous administration. Its effect lasts for 24 hours. The maximum concentration of the ingredient in the blood is reached in 1-4 hours, depending on the individual characteristics of the patient's body. But the effect is observed within 10-20 minutes after the introduction of a single dose.
It is noted that the use of the drug at a certain time allows you to achieve maximum results and prevent fluctuations in indicators throughout the day. In elderly patients, there is a slight increase in the period of onset of the therapeutic effect. Despite this, its duration does not increase.
In the study of pharmacokinetic features, their insignificant change in patients of different ages is noted. This is especially noticeable if patients have pathologies of the liver, kidneys, and other internal organs. Despite the differences in the assimilation of substances in the body of different patients, studies have shown the effectiveness of suspensions, both when used as an independent medicine, and in combination with other medicines.
Indications for use
NovoMix 30 FlexPen is prescribed for the treatment of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. The high price of the product is justified not only by its effectiveness, but also by the minimum consumption when prescribing low dosages.
The drug is sometimes prescribed for the detection of type 2 diabetes mellitus in elderly patients. This is usually necessary in severe cases of the disorder with complications from the internal organs. In this case, the pills do not help control blood glucose levels.
Despite the high effectiveness of the tool, its use is not always allowed.
Before starting therapy, it is recommended to study all the obstacles to prescribing a suspension:
- The period of childbearing and breastfeeding. This limitation does not apply to absolute contraindications, since, if necessary, a medication can be prescribed in order to control blood glucose levels. However, to study the effect of the drug on the body of lactating and pregnant women, not enough research has been carried out. They showed that with careful monitoring of the woman's condition and the appointment of an adequate dosage, there are no negative reactions in the patient and the child.
- Identification of intolerance to the components of the composition or a tendency to such reactions. If in the patient's history there are complications arising from the use of such a medication, it is worth pre-consult with a specialist who will decide on the appropriateness of the appointment suspension.
- A mild course of type 2 diabetes mellitus, in which blood counts can be controlled using pills with hypoglycemic properties.
Individual contraindications for the use of the drug are determined during examination and examination. Usually, the remedy is well tolerated by patients, and the minimum number of contraindications makes it universal for many patients.
At what age can the drug be used?
NovoMix 30 FlexPen (the price of the product may become an obstacle to its use) is prescribed only to patients over 6 years old. This is due to the lack of data on the effect of the drug on the body of children under 6 years of age.
Usually, the drug is indicated for patients over 10 years old, since when studying its effect on the body of children and adolescents, there were patients from 10 to 16 years old in the group.
Instructions for use, dosage
Depending on the blood counts in a laboratory study, the dosage of the medicinal suspension may differ. Usually, the doctor conducts a preliminary examination, monitors the patient's condition, fluctuations in numbers, which allows you to choose the optimal dose.
It is impossible to name a standard rate for all patients, which can be used and will bring a therapeutic effect. However, there are several standard dosages to be prescribed under certain circumstances in the initial stages. During the application, the dose may vary.
|Disease or purpose of use
|Features and dosage
|Initial therapy for the initial administration of the drug to patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
|When using the suspension for the first time, the minimum effective dose is always prescribed to control the indicators. Usually, patients are injected subcutaneously with 12 IU of the drug once a day. A pre-dinner introduction at the same time is considered a prerequisite. If necessary, the doctor can divide the daily rate by 2 times, that is, 6 units are administered to the patient before breakfast and before dinner.
|Transfer of the patient to the remedy after using other hypoglycemic medications
|When a patient switches from another hypoglycemic drug, doctors also recommend using the suspension in the minimum effective dosage, that is, 12 U per day. If the patient previously administered another drug 2 times a day at equal intervals, it is possible to divide the norm, administer 6 units in the morning and evening. Correction of dosage is carried out after studying the reaction of the patient's body to the suspension.
|The need to enhance the therapeutic effect
|If the patient does not have a pronounced effect, and the glucose indicators cannot be controlled, it is possible to enhance the effect by increasing the dose and administering the suspension 2 times a day, 15 units. Usually, this dosage is considered the maximum permissible per day. If this does not bring a pronounced result, another medicine is selected for the patient.
The medicine is administered only subcutaneously, observing all the rules. This means that the puncture area must be disinfected with an antiseptic, then take a fold of skin with your fingers and inject the medicine with a syringe pen. The device has a special miniature needle that makes a small puncture and avoids the appearance of blood in the injection area.
If the patient is using the medicine for the first time, the doctor explains in an accessible manner the specifics of the administration and possible complications if the technique is violated. Before starting use, experts clarify that dosage adjustment is carried out no more than 1 time per week. The patient cannot change the norm daily and independently.
The experience of using hypoglycemic drugs in patients over 75 years old is minimal, therefore, when prescribing, doctors pre-examines the anamnesis, monitors the general condition, several times prescribes blood sampling for laboratory research. If the patient has kidney pathologies, it is possible to reduce the need for insulin, which is important to consider before determining the dosage.
NovoMix 30 FlexPen (the price of the product in different pharmacies may differ slightly) often leads to the development of complications on the part of internal organs and systems, which is mainly associated with a violation of instructions or other recommendations doctor. Disorders affect not only the work of internal organs, but can also provoke allergies.
The most common ones are:
- On the part of the nervous system, disorders manifest themselves in the form of neuropathy of various forms, sometimes it is accompanied by severe pain. Patients also report dizziness and flashing of flies in front of the eyes, headaches and poor coordination of movements. Complications in most cases are associated with a critical decrease in blood glucose levels, and disappear after normalization of the condition.
- On the part of the digestive tract, disruption of the stomach and intestines, nausea and bouts of vomiting, flatulence and pain in the abdomen are possible.
- Sometimes the drug provokes disorders of the skin in the area of administration. They appear in the form of skin inflammation, thickening and redness. With prolonged administration of the suspension in one place, it is possible to thin the fat layer, disrupt metabolic processes in this zone.
- The visual apparatus suffers frequently during therapy, as well as in its absence. Patients talk about visual impairment, which is associated with the negative effect of the disease on the vessels of the eye.
- Allergy to a medication manifests itself in the form of classic symptoms. Patients note the appearance of a rash on the skin, irritation and itching. When scratching the affected areas, damage to the thinned dry skin is noted. This only aggravates all manifestations.
Doctors note that the use of a medicine does not always lead to such reactions, but the absence of special treatment will certainly provoke an aggravation of the general condition. If negative reactions appear, it is recommended to consult a doctor. The specialist does not always cancel therapy. It is impossible to stop the administration of the suspension and not visit the hospital for several days.
The drug can provoke an overdose with a single administration of an increased dose. Usually, the manifestations do not differ from the state of hypoglycemia. The patient may have a decrease in blood pressure, impaired consciousness, and disorders of the urinary system appear.
In severe cases, against the background of an overdose, anaphylactic shock develops, which threatens the patient's life. Therapy for hypoglycemia is aimed at eliminating symptoms and preventing the progression of complications. In each case, the scheme is selected individually, depending on the severity of the manifestations and the presence of other chronic diseases in the patient.
If symptoms of an overdose appear, the use of the medication should be stopped and immediately consult a doctor. It is forbidden to ignore the manifestations or take any measures on your own.
NovoMix 30 FlexPen (the price of the drug may increase depending on the batch, which does not affect the effect of the suspension) should be used only according to indications and after examination. The suspension is injected subcutaneously. Only with the help of such an introduction can you achieve the correct effect and reduce the likelihood of complications.
It is forbidden to inject the medicine intramuscularly or intradermally. This will certainly provoke a deterioration in the condition, it can enhance or weaken the result of therapy. Before the initial administration of the drug, you must carefully study the instructions. It describes not only the indications, contraindications, negative reactions, but also the nuances of working with a syringe pen.
There are marks on it that allow you to enter the required number of units of funds and not exceed the norm. Skipping meals after insulin administration can provoke a hypoglycemic coma, so it is important to adhere to the regimen not only in treatment, but also in nutrition.
The drug is often prescribed concurrently with other medications, the action of which is aimed at treating systemic diseases. The use of beta-blockers can be dangerous, since when hypoglycemia develops, drugs block its symptoms.
It is not recommended to take alcoholic beverages during therapy. Glucocorticosteroids, hormonal contraceptives, some diuretics weaken the effectiveness of the drug, which also negatively affects the condition. The decision to combine several drugs from different groups is made by the doctor based on the data of the diagnostic examination.
If it is impossible to prescribe the original medicine to the patient, analogs with similar therapeutic properties can be selected:
- Rinsulin has the same properties and has a similar composition. Its action lasts for 24 hours, which allows the suspension to be applied only once a day.
- Tresiba FlexTouch packaged in pen syringes, easy to use. Its action and composition does not differ from the original product.
- Novorapid FlexPen also has hypoglycemic properties and comes in a comfortable handle for easy insertion.
The choice of an analogue is made by the doctor after examining the patient.
Terms, conditions of sale and storage
The drug is dispensed in different pharmacies with a prescription from a doctor. When storing it, it is important to keep the syringe away from direct sunlight.
The storage period is 2 years, but after opening the syringe, it is necessary to apply the suspension in it within 4 weeks. After the expiration date, use is not allowed.
The cost of 1 syringe pen is approximately 1450-1700 rubles.
NovoMix 30 FlexPen is considered an effective and popular remedy with hypoglycemic properties. The only drawback of the drug is the high price, but it is fully justified by its positive properties.
Video about NovoMix
Insulin Novomix. Description, features and application: