Hypotension - a rare disease in the elderly. drop in blood pressure can be explained not only by the problems with the cardiovascular system. In people over 65 years of pathology can be caused by the individual characteristics of the organism. Relatives and friends need to know how to raise low blood pressure in the elderly person to assist in time.
In the elderly is very low blood pressure can be caused by many reasons. Often hypotension is secondary and develops against the background of other diseases. This may be a problem with the cardiovascular system, respiratory system and digestive system.
blood pressure drop is caused also by physiological or pathological features of factors.
Physiological hypotension is called a permanent lowering of blood pressure (chronic hypotension). This form occurs in people who live in the mountains above sea level, sub-tropics, in the Arctic Circle, as well as athletes. The body in this case becomes accustomed to low pressure, which is becoming the norm.
Internal reasons for which may develop chronic hypotension in the elderly:
- problems with the heart and blood vessels;
- malfunction of the endocrine system;
- pathologies of the digestive system;
- various infections;
- Respiratory disease;
- growth malignancies;
- osteocondritis of the spine;
- brain injuries and pathologies of the central nervous system;
- internal bleeding resulting from injury, gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer;
When pathological hypotension low blood pressure in the elderly have more severe symptoms and is caused by the following factors:
- Reduced blood flow rate as a result of severe bleeding or anemia.
- Dystonia hypotonic type.
- Malfunction of the endocrine system.
How to improve
There are many ways to increase the low pressure in the elderly person, but what to do and what method you choose, should consult a doctor. In old age, hypotension may not be as dangerous as high blood pressure, so the pressure must learn to adjust.
The treatment of hypotension in older complex and is held by the following groups of drugs:
- Psychomotor stimulants (mesocarb, Sidnofen, Sidnokarb) eliminate chronic fatigue and weakness. Man ceases to be sleepy, it increases efficiency.
- Analeptics (centedrine, Kordiamin and analogs thereof). These drugs activate the cardiovascular system and respiratory system. The brain is better supplied with oxygen.
- Adrenomimeticalkie means (Gutron, Regulon, fetanola) designed to increase blood pressure, used under severe conditions. Normalize blood circulation.
- Nootropics (piracetam, Pantogam, Phenibutum, Aminalon) activate metabolic processes in brain tissue, to improve mental performance, enhance memory.
- Vitamins and minerals to strengthen the body.
Older people need to be wary of the medications that the pressure has not grown so much that it will have to lower.
Exercise therapy normalizes the functioning of the heart and blood vessels, strengthens the muscles, activates metabolism in tissues and organs. Raise low blood pressure can help physical exercises. It is necessary to follow the recommendations of experts in the exercises, characterized by a gradual increase in load, gentle rhythm of execution of movements and moderation.
Of great importance in hypotension does morning exercises. It helps overcome the lethargy, weakness and fatigue, developing due to low pressure.
In order to treat hypotension in the elderly, it is necessary to choose those exercises that are age appropriate and do not cause muscle pain and other unpleasant sensations.
Therapeutic exercise is aimed at improving the general condition of the patient, improving muscle tone and normalization of the cardiovascular system.
Diet and traditional medicine
Treat low blood pressure can not be without proper nutrition. Gipotonikam need to eat frequent small meals throughout the day. It is not necessary to limit the use of salt, because sodium is able to enhance blood circulation. But abuse savory food is not necessary, because in old age it can affect the condition of the joints.
In the daily diet should be spices and spicy dishes that stimulate the activity of endocrine glands, blood vessels constrict, increasing blood pressure.
Often people think that gipotonikam useful black tea and strong coffee, but it is not so, because caffeine is included in their composition, increases the heart rate, and it is dangerous in the elderly. During the period of weakness should drink a cup of green tea with honey. The effect of this is not immediate, but the constant use of the beverage pressure gradually returned to normal, and the vessels are strengthened.
Traditional medicine to increase the pressure advises recipes, which include the following plants:
- Siberian ginseng;
- St. John's wort;
- milk thistle.
Made infusions and decoctions, which strengthen the body and increases vascular tone. Selecting any means it should be agreed with your doctor, because not all funds are suitable for the elderly.