Angina is a disease characterized by an infectious inflammation of the lymphadenoid tissue of the palatine tonsils. The disease is common and accounts for 5% of the total incidence of adults and 6% of children. It is familiar to almost every person and there are different kinds, one of them is a follicular sore throat.
- 1 Follicular sore throat: what is it?
- 2 Follicular sore throat: symptoms in adults, signs and photos
- 3 Symptoms of follicular sore throat in children, photo
- 4 Diagnosis of the disease
- 5 Treatment of follicular sore throat - 7 principles
- 5.1 Complications of the disease
- 5.2 Follicular sore throat and pregnancy
- 5.3 Prevention measures
Follicular sore throat:what it is?
Follicular angina is a disease in which purulent inflammation of the tonsils of the tonsils occurs. In this case, cervical lymph nodes increase. As a rule, it occurs in children and young people, but peop
In the international classification of diseases of the ICD 10 code of follicular angina J03 - it refers to the acute form of tonsillitis.
A characteristic sign is the appearance of a purulent deposit, but the appearance of pus is possible with another form of the disease - lacunar( inflammation of the lacunae of the tonsils).Therefore, follicular and lacunar angina are often called purulent.
The main causes of
The disease can occur for several reasons.
- Infection is a major factor. Infection occurs by airborne droplets from a sick person. In addition, you can get sick if you use public utensils, towels.
- Subcooling the body. And you can get sick by freezing completely, and you can overcool only the neck and throat.
- Weakened immunity. The fact is that in this state the organism is most vulnerable to various bacteria, so it is much easier to get sick.
- Smoking. Constant irritation of the throat, and in winter cold air, can provoke the development of the disease.
- Sharp temperature changes. For example, transition from heat under the conditioner or from a frost in a hot premise. This can also cause a disease.
These are the main causes of the appearance of follicular sore throat.
Follicular sore throat: symptoms in adults, signs and photos
As with any other disease, follicular tonsillitis has its own specific signs. These include:
- General weakness, joint aches, drowsiness, loss of appetite;
- The temperature at follicular angina is high, up to 40 degrees;
- Sore throat, you can observe redness and enlarged tonsils with the appearance of purulent deposits, dry mouth, cough;
- A pain in the heart can occur, as with the follicular sore throat often results in an intoxication of the body, which leads to problems in the work of all organs;
- Lymph nodes are enlarged;
- Adults may have constipation, but children are more likely to have a loose stool.
These are the main symptoms of follicular sore throat, therefore, if such signs are found, it is best for a person to see a doctor right away.
Symptoms of follicular sore throat in children, photo
Most often follicular angina occurs in children. The disease, unfortunately, is quite difficult. At the first stage, the child experiences severe weakness, discomfort and sore throat.
The disease develops very sharply, the temperature rises, the sore throat becomes worse - this leads to the inability to swallow food normally, and vomiting may occur.
This condition lasts about two days, and then the symptoms gradually begin to go to a decline. High fever, trouble with breathing and swallowing are the main problems that severely deplete a child during illness.
Diagnosis of the disease
The doctor can diagnose "follicular sore throat" only after examination. To diagnose the disease, the following methods are used:
1. Clinical examination. Includes a survey, a visual examination from the outside, examination of the pharynx and oral cavity with the help of special tools.
2. Laboratory examination. The doctor can prescribe a blood test and bacteriological culture. The second analysis is a sampling of material from the mucous membranes.
Based on the results obtained, the specialist diagnoses and prescribes the necessary treatment.
Treatment of follicular sore throat - 7 principles
First of all, you need to remember - with such an illness, self-medication is unacceptable, especially in children. Only the doctor must prescribe the necessary medicines. To treat the disease, the following methods are used:
- With follicular angina, antibiotics must be prescribed. Duration of drug intake should not be less than 10 days.
- Antibacterial drugs of local action, which are irrigated by the throat, are used. Most often they are used to treat follicular angina in children, especially if the pain in their throat causes nausea and vomiting.
- To reduce the temperature prescribed antipyretics. If necessary, the doctor may advise taking antihistamines.
- You must always comply with bed rest, then recovery will occur faster.
- To avoid dehydration of the body, it is necessary to drink a lot of liquid. It can be water, juices, fruit drinks, warm milk.
- Food is better to use liquid, do not irritate the already sore throat.
- In addition to taking antibiotics, you can gargle with special antibacterial agents or infusions of herbs, for this purpose, a solution of salt and soda.
Treatment of follicular sore throat in adults and children is not easy, so you need to follow all the prescriptions of doctors.
As a rule, after a week of proper treatment, the symptoms and signs of the disease should decrease. If this does not happen - either the drugs are picked up incorrectly or all the prescriptions of doctors are not observed. This can lead to the following complications:
- Paratonlesillar abscess. It is a cavity with purulent contents, located around the amygdala.
- The syndrome of Lemierre. In this case, the abscess arises in the retropharyngeal space, it is complicated by sepsis and thrombophlebitis of the jugular vein.
- Infectious-toxic shock.
- Glomerulonephritis is an inflammation of the renal glomeruli.
- Streptococcal meningitis.
Follicular sore throat and pregnancy
During pregnancy, the woman's immunity is slightly reduced, it is much easier to get sick than to any other person. The risk of follicular sore throat during pregnancy is as follows:
- No increase in temperature at the onset of the illness due to the fact that all the strengths of immunity are aimed at protecting the baby. As a result, the temperature can jump to 40 degrees very sharply, which will negatively affect the woman's health status.
- In follicular angina, hypoxia of the fetus is possible - with an increase in temperature in the mother, the child experiences oxygen starvation.
- Not only sore throat, but also any other disease adversely affects the health of the child. The future mother can not drink all the medicines that all other people have. Therefore, the treatment is more difficult and longer.
To treat follicular sore throat during pregnancy should only a doctor, to avoid complications and side effects - self-medication is unacceptable.
Precautions should be taken to prevent follicular sore throat. In cold weather it is warmer to dress, play sports. If there are people who are sick in the family, then they should have separate household items, utensils.
All chronic diseases must be treated. It is necessary to periodically drink vitamin complexes, and sleep should be full.
Follicular sore throat is an unpleasant disease, but with timely treatment from it you can get rid completely and without consequences.