- Composition and form of release
- Terms of sale, prices
- Pharmacological properties
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Indications for use
- Methods of administration and dosage
- Side effects
- special instructions
- Drug interactions
- Storage conditions and periods
- Video about analogues of Attento
Attento - antihypertensive tablets with pronounced properties, which are actively used for the treatment of patients with hypertension at various stages. Reviews about the action of the medication are usually left by patients who have been taking it for a certain period and can tell about its effectiveness. The opinion of patients is not always positive, which is associated with the individual reaction of the body to certain substances of the composition.
Composition and form of release
The medication can be found in different pharmacies in the form of tablets intended for oral use in case of certain indications. The tablets are small and round, do not have a specific aroma. They are packaged in blisters, but the number of tablets in them is 14 pieces.
In a cardboard package, there can be 2 plates with tablets, as well as a description that details the nuances of use, possible contraindications for treatment. The composition of the tablet formulation includes 2 active substances - olmesartan medoxomil and amlodipine. Due to the combination of components, the main therapeutic effect is achieved.
The composition of the tablets also includes auxiliary ingredients:
- Titanium dioxide.
- Croscarmellose sodium.
- Magnesium stearate.
These substances have no therapeutic effect. The tablets are film-coated, the amount of olmesartan per 1 piece is 40 mg, amlodipine - 5 mg. There are also tablets in which the amount of olmesartan is 20 mg.
Terms of sale, prices
Attento is a pill with pronounced properties that can be purchased in pharmacies after presenting a prescription form. In some locations, the drug is dispensed freely. Negative reviews of the medication are mainly associated with high cost.
The average price for a package of a medicine ranges from 830-1100 rubles. It may differ depending on the distribution region.
The drug has pronounced hypotensive and diuretic properties, which allows, when taken monitor blood pressure indicators and prevent their increase against the background of various factors.
The medicine acts on the blood vessels and the heart, reduces the load, helps to somewhat facilitate blood circulation. As a result, there is an improvement in the general condition of the patient, the risk of complications decreases against the background of the progression of hypertension.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The tablet remedy acts quickly, and the effect of taking it lasts for a longer period. At the same time, experts note that the combination of two ingredients with different properties allows you to achieve a more pronounced result than taking such drugs separately.
Olmesartan belongs to the group of type 2 angiotensin receptor antagonists, amlodipine is a diuretic component with pronounced properties.
This provides a combined effect on the body:
- The medicine helps to lower blood pressure by blocking the components that provoke an increase in performance. As a result, there is a decrease in the load on the heart with the subsequent normalization of the coronary blood supply.
- Amlodipine provides an increase in daily urine output, which reduces the load on the vessel walls. The ingredient belongs to slow calcium channel blockers, helps accelerate the process of filtering blood in the kidneys, which provides a diuretic effect.
- The diuretic effect enhances the hypotensive effect, which cannot always be achieved by taking several tablets with different properties.
- The drug works for a long time, which allows you to reduce the dose of antihypertensive medication and reduce the number of doses per day. For many patients with arterial hypertension, this is considered an important point.
The agent quickly dissolves in the digestive tract after taking a single dosage. Its components penetrate into the systemic circulation and have a therapeutic effect. The maximum concentration of olmesartan in the blood is reached after about 2 hours, but the increase in the level of amlodipine to the maximum value occurs only after 6-8 hours.
The first result from a single dose appears in 30-50 minutes, which depends on the individual characteristics of the organism, lasts for a day, which is considered the main advantage of the remedy. The active ingredients of the composition bind well to plasma proteins, since this figure reaches 98%.
The processing of the main ingredients takes place in the liver, and the waste products are excreted by the kidneys. The period of elimination of substances usually takes no more than a day, but the indicators may differ in different patients. After taking the last dose of the drug, complete cleansing of the body can take up to 3 days, but in the case when the therapy lasted for a long time.
If the patient has been using the drug for a short period of time, the metabolites are evacuated during the day. Changes in pharmacokinetic characteristics are often observed in patients with disorders of the kidneys, liver and digestive organs.
Indications for use
Attento - tablets (reviews of the drug are usually left by people who previously took it in long courses), prescribed mainly when diagnosing essential hypertension, when a separate intake of tablets based on such ingredients does not bring expressed result.
Tablets can also be prescribed when the patient develops a malignant form. hypertension, that is, various single-component medications do not help eliminate symptoms and monitor indicators.
Often, the medication is used as part of the complex treatment of heart pathologies, when patients additionally there are vascular diseases and there is a persistent increase in arterial pressure.
Despite the pronounced effect and high efficiency, the tablet preparation has many contraindications that must be taken into account before prescribing.
Major barriers to therapy:
- Severe renal failure with frequent exacerbation of the condition.
- Heart failure of unstable form, rehabilitation period after suffering myocardial infarction.
- Hypotension on an ongoing basis or a decrease in blood pressure at regular intervals.
- Severe liver pathology. The drug is not prescribed for acute cirrhosis, hepatitis, fatty hepatosis. This can provoke severe complications and aggravate the symptoms of the pathology.
- The acute course of peptic ulcer disease, erosive damage to the intestines at different stages.
- Impaired outflow of blood from the patient's left ventricle.
- Acute period with myocardial infarction.
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding. A potent drug can provoke complications not only in the mother, but also in the child.
- The patient's age is up to 18 years. To date, there is no data on the effect of the components on the body of children and adolescents. These groups of patients usually do not need to prescribe such medications.
- Aortic valve stenosis.
- Internal bleeding of traumatic or other origin. The drug can make the condition worse.
- Shock, cardiogenic or traumatic shock.
- The period of rehabilitation after undergoing kidney transplant surgery, as well as other interventions.
- Obstruction of the biliary tract, stagnation of bile in the patient's gallbladder.
- Severe ischemic heart disease. Such a disease is often accompanied by hypertension, but it is not always allowed to use pills to improve the condition.
The drug is used with caution in the treatment of patients over 65, which is associated with an increased risk of complications. Such patients often suffer from chronic diseases of the internal organs of a chronic form, and the use of tablets can aggravate the symptoms.
Methods of administration and dosage
Attento - tablets, reviews of which may be different, prescribed for oral administration according to indications. The medicine is used according to 2 schemes, which depends on the severity of the symptoms in a particular patient.
|Features of the course of the disease||Dosage of funds|
|The initial and middle stage of the pathological condition||With this course of the disease, it is enough to take 1 tablet of the drug per day, while the dosage of olmesartan in it should not exceed 20 mg. The best time to take pills is in the morning due to its diuretic properties. It is not recommended to take pills in the evening. Experts insist on priming at about the same time, which ensures a constant concentration of ingredients in the blood.|
|Severe hypertension||In the case of diagnosing a severe course of hypertension, the drug is also taken 1 time per day, 1 tablet, but the dose of olmesartan is 40 mg. As with the treatment of other forms of the disease, it is recommended to take the medicine at about the same time.|
The duration of the use of the medication depends on the course of the disease, the presence of concomitant complications in the patient and some other factors. The drug is often taken on an ongoing basis or in courses of 2-4 months.
Attento - pills (reviews of medicines can be negative, but in most cases this is due to the appearance of complications), provoking negative reactions often, even if all recommendations are followed doctor. In this case, disorders affect not only the cardiovascular system, but also other organs.
- Headaches and severe dizziness are common, and patients may have had no such complications in the past. Disorders of coordination of movements often join, memory and concentration of attention deteriorate. Such reactions can lead to a deterioration in the mental productivity of the patient's ability to perform manipulations that require extreme concentration.
- The digestive organs are not affected so often during therapy, and complications are usually mild. Some talk about nausea, others note heartburn and impaired appetite, indigestion. Stool upset, flatulence, and bloating are sometimes noted, which aggravate symptoms and can lead to other complications such as dehydration.
- Persistent hypotension is rare, but patients may report cardiac pain, increased heart rate, and arrhythmias.
- Cough and respiratory rhythm disturbances are observed in patients who have a history of chronic respiratory diseases. In this case, the symptomatology is pronounced precisely during periods of intense physical or emotional stress, but disappears at rest.
- Back pain, cramps and discomfort in the area of articular joints worries patients with chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system. If the agent is used during periods of relapse, additional medications are usually prescribed to eliminate negative reactions.
- On the part of the urinary organs, complications also occur in the presence of concomitant diseases, for example, prostatitis, cystitis. Usually, the drug is not used in the acute form of such a disorder, but can be prescribed in the relapse stage, if necessary.
- Swelling of the limbs and face is considered an atypical complication during the period of treatment with pills. Usually the symptom is associated with the presence of negative symptoms from the blood vessels or kidneys.
- Decreased sex drive, menstrual irregularities are often observed with prolonged use of the drug.
- The blood system suffers from the use of pills not so often, but some specialists refer patients to laboratory tests, during which a decrease in platelet levels is detected. This increases the risk of bleeding, even with minor trauma.
- One of the rare reactions is an increase in the level of harmful lipids in the blood. This is noted if patients have a tendency to such complications, as well as the development of the primary stage of atherosclerosis.
- Violation of metabolic processes can provoke a decrease or increase in body weight, which depends on the individual patient.
Allergy to the drug is manifested by acute symptoms in the form of a rash and burning of the skin. Over a short period of time, there is an aggravation of symptoms and the addition of other negative reactions, for example, itching and irritation. Gradually, complications affect the mucous membranes of the eyes and oral cavity, so it is important to react to such complications quickly, refuse treatment and visit a doctor.
Despite the long list of negative reactions, no cases of overdose have been reported in patients when using the medication in doses prescribed by a cardiologist. But such a risk cannot be excluded, since some patients may violate the doctor's recommendations.
It is assumed that an overdose is accompanied by an aggravation of all negative reactions, a deterioration in general well-being and the appearance of a threat to the patient's life. In case of a sudden deterioration of the condition and the appearance of acute symptoms, it is important to refuse to take the drug and call a doctor.
The specialist usually prescribes gastric lavage, drugs to speed up the elimination of ingredients from the body and prevent the progression of the condition. It is not recommended to use drugs for the treatment of an overdose on your own, as well as to ignore its manifestations.
Attento - tablets (drug reviews allow patients to evaluate the effectiveness, even if they have not previously taken it), used under the control of blood pressure indicators.
Patients are advised to have a tonometer at home, use it in the morning in the evening to measure numbers. At the same time, it is important to note any sharp fluctuations in indicators, if necessary, visit a doctor who will determine the need for dose adjustment.
It is prohibited to independently change the daily rate and duration of treatment. Experts recommend dividing the pill and taking it 2 times a day. The film membrane must dissolve in the patient's intestines. For the same reason, do not chew or crush the tablet in any other way before swallowing.
A potent drug can adversely affect organ function when combined with certain medications. Simultaneous administration with other antihypertensive drugs, diuretics and drugs affecting blood vessels is not recommended.
Calcium preparations somewhat reduce the effectiveness of drug treatment, so they should not be used in the acute course of the disease. Many antipsychotics enhance the antihypertensive effect. With caution, the agent is combined with tricyclic antidepressants, hypnotics and sedatives.
If you need to use several drugs at the same time, you should first consult with a specialist who will determine the feasibility of prescribing drugs.
If it is impossible to prescribe the original drug, patients are prescribed analogs with similar therapeutic properties.
The most popular ones are:
- Telmisartan contains a different ingredient in the composition, but belongs to the type 2 angiotensin antagonists and helps to reduce blood pressure in patients with various forms of hypertension. The drug does not contain a diuretic component, therefore it is considered less effective, but in some cases it is a preferable option for patients.
- Twinsta - tablets based on amlodipine and telmisartan, which also have hypotensive and diuretic properties. The drug allows you to control indicators and prevents their critical increase against the background of various factors. Telmisartan belongs to the group of type 2 angiotensin antagonists, therefore the drug is considered to be no less effective than the original drug.
The choice of an analogue is made only by a doctor based on the data of a diagnostic examination. Some substitutes can have a negative effect on the body of patients, especially if used incorrectly.
Storage conditions and periods
Store the drug away from sunlight. It is also worth limiting access to moisture, keeping it away from children. The maximum storage period does not exceed 5 years. After that, the use is strictly prohibited.
Attento - antihypertensive tablets with pronounced diuretic properties, which are used to control blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Patient reviews about the course use of the drug differ, which is associated with the prescribed dose, the duration of treatment, the peculiarities of the course of the pathological condition. Mostly the opinion of the patients is positive, but a pronounced result can be achieved only if all the doctor's recommendations are followed.
Video about analogues of Attento
Malyshev about drugs for hypertensive patients: